Rules of Engagement
• The team starts and ends the day together and breaks
together; being on time is critical.
• The team stays 100% committed and 100% focused.
– No interruptions.
– All wireless devices on silent mode or off. No vibration.
– No email except for during breaks.
• Keep an open mind and consider all ideas. Ask “why?,”
“what if?,” “why not?”
• Challenge everything; seek the wisdom of ten vs. the
knowledge of one.
• Rank has no privilege.
• Finger-pointing has no place.
• No silent objectors; don’t leave in silent disagreement;
respectful disagreement is encouraged.
• Use creativity before capital.
• What’s said in the room stays in the room.