2. What is Social Media ?
• Social media is an digital application that
allows the user to create and share
information's, ideas, careers etc., with each
• We can say social media is an online
communication and information sharing
• This sharing is done through virtual
communities and networks.
• Many individuals uses social network to be in
touch with friends and family. To interact with
them to share their memories and so on.
• Businessman uses social media as a platform
for marketing to promote his product.
• Similarly various fields use social media
according to their required necessity.
5. Top 10 Social Media sites:
6. Types of Social Media
• There are seven popular types of social media
platforms, they are:
– Social Networking – Facebook
– Discussion forum- Quora
– Micro blogging- Twitter
– Photo sharing- Instagram
– Bookmarking Networks- Pinterest
– Consumer review network - Zomato
– Video sharing- YouTube
7. What is Social Media Marketing ?
• Social Media Marketing is the process of using
social media sites to promote a company’s
product or service.
• By doing so many new customers can be
• It is easy to be in touch with the existing
• It has the power to increase the customer
8. Benefits for Students
• Social media plays an important role in students life.
Nowadays most of the colleges conduct online
discussion forums and webinars on trending topics.
• It helps students from any corner to connect and
gather information. Employment opportunities are
easier via various sites like Linkedin.
• Just by posting resumes a student can connect with the
• Huge amount of study materials are uploaded in
various sites for students use. And there are also
networks for connecting students and teachers.
10. Benefits for Business
• Social media is a great tool nowadays to reach the
customers increase the sales and grow the business.
• Branding is the first step to make the business a success
• By using social media we can easily review the feedback's
from the customers.
• We can find what a customer like or dislike or what he
• By posting the link of the content on the social media we
can increase the traffic of our site. The biggest advantage
is it is cost effective.
11. Negative impact of social media
• Researches found that one may become
addictive by using social media too much.
• It may also lead to depression and anxiety.
• It could lead to distance in a relationship.
• We fall into a trap of comparing our life with
others which is mentally unhealthy.
• Another harmful impact of social media is lack
12. Impacts and Health problem in
• Studies shows that health impact due to social
media in children affect them mentally specially
in self esteem and well being.
• Most of the children isolate themselves from the
real world and become addictive to social media.
It may lead to depression.
• Moreover by using Smart Gadgets for a long time
creates problem in vision. Due to which kids are
forced to wear specs at a very small age.
13. Advantages of social media
• Best way of connecting with peoples.
• Access to paid advertising services.
• Bring traffic to our website.
• We can easily evaluate our performance.
• Can create a viral content.
14. Disadvantages of Social Media
• Cyber Bullying
• Frauds and scams
• Security issues
• Health issues
• While social media provides valuable
information and opportunity to learn wide
variety of new things, there is more addiction
• Hence, its peoples responsibility to set their
own limitation of usage and children should
be always under the supervision of parents.