2. Classify and rearrange the words below into categories in the table appropriately.
Faded, Jazz, Son Tung MTP, SNSD, Taylor Swift, Charlie Puth,
One Direction, Folk music, All of me, Pop, Rock, Backstreet
Boys, Xe dap, We can’t stop, Westlife, Shayne Ward.
4. I. Some structures:
1. Keep S.O happy: làm cho ai vui.
2. Cheer S.O up: làm cho ai phấn chấn, vui vẻ lên.
3. Easy to listen to: dễ nghe.
4. Help S.O forget troubles: giúp cho ai quên đi rắc rối.
5. Make S.O feel relaxed: làm cho ai cảm thấy thoải mái.
5. Match each new structure in column A with their meaning
in column B.
1. Keep S.O happy
2. Cheer S.O up
3. Easy to listen to
4. Help S.O forget troubles
5. Make S.O feel relaxed
a. Giúp cho ai quên đi rắc rối
b. Dễ nghe
c. Làm cho ai đó vui
d. Làm cho ai cảm thấy thư giãn
e. Làm cho ai phấn chấn, vui vẻ
6. 1. What kind of music does Ha Anh like?
2. Why does she listen to it?
3. What is her favourite band?
4. When does she listen to music?
1. She likes pop music.
2. Because it keeps her happy.
3. The Backstreet Boys.
4. She listens to music all the time.
8. Some sugguested questions:
1. What kind of music do you like?
2. Why do you like it?
3. What is your favourite band/musician?
4. What is your favourite song/piece of music?
5. When do you listen to music?
• Nam: Hello, Lan.
• Lan: Hi, how do you do?
• Nam: I’m OK. How about you?
• Lan: So do I. Nam, I wanna ask you some questions.
• Nam: Of course!
• Lan: What kind of music do you like?
• Nam: I like pop music.
• Lan: Me too. Why do you like it?
• Nam: Because it helps me forget troubles. And you?
• Lan: It keeps me happy. Who is your favourite
• Nam: Son Tung MTP.
• Lan: Oh, I don’t like him at all. I like Noo.
What is your favourite song?
• Nam: It is “We don’t talk anymore”.
• Lan: I prefer My heart will go on.
• Nam: Nice! So when do you listen to music?
• Lan: I listen to music in my free time.
• Nam: I like to do that when I’m out.
• Lan: Yeah, Now I have to go ahead. Talk to
you later. Bye!
• Nam: Bye!
10. TASK 2: Work in pairs. Report what you have found out about
Both Lan and Hung like classical music. They like it because it makes
them feel relaxed.
Lan likes classical music but Tuan prefers rock music.
12. Work in group of 10. Write down singer’s
• Home town:
• Type of music:
• Famous songs:
Note: Group 1 & 2 will report the first singer. Group 3 & 4 will report
the last singer.
1. Learn some new structures,
practice some questions and
answers about music.
2. Prepare for the listening lesson.