2. WHY ELECTRIC VEHICLES?
• An electric car is a plug-in electric automobile that is propelled by one or
more electric motors, using energy stored in rechargeable batteries.
• Electricity rates are much more stable than gasoline prices.
• Plug-in hybrid cars(PHEV) have a fuel backup to power the car in the event
that the battery’s charge runs out.
• Electric cars are higher efficiency than gas-powered cars, can reduce your
dependence on fossil fuels and require less maintenance than most cars.
EV can be run 100% on sustainable, renewable resources.
• When an electric vehicle is running on electricity, it emits no tailpipe
• Electric vehicle will produce fewer emissions than a comparable gasoline-
• EVs are able to convert 59 to 62 percent of the electric energy to power for
the vehicle i.e. its efficiency is high compared to gasoline cars.
• EV have less maintenance than gasoline cars.
4. HIGHLY RATED TWO-WHEELERS ELECTRIC VEHICLES IN INDIA
1) THUNDER WIND
3) BSA STREET RIDER
8) AMPERE VEHICLES
5. 1) TESLA
■ TESLA MODEL S
1) The Tesla Model S is a full-sized / mid-size luxury all-electric five-door lift
back car, produced by Tesla, Inc.
2) The Tesla Model S was the top selling plug-in electric car worldwide in 2015
and 2016, and by the end of 2017 continued to rank as the second most-sold
electric car in history after the Nissan Leaf.
3) Price: 35 LAKHS
7. 1) TESLA
■ TESLA MODEL 3
1) Tesla Model 3 2016 is one of the most awaited Tesla models for the Indian
market. This premium sedan will be the most affordable model in the company's
line-up. Electric cars never caught on in the country, but this model sure is to
bring that interest back in the segment. Also Tesla will be offering supercharging
as standard feature on all Tesla Model 3 variants. Tesla Model 3 colours are
white, red and matte grey.
2) Price: 30.00 – 35.00 Lakh
9. 2) BMW
■ BMW i3
1) The BMW i3 has been on sale since 2014, and in that time, BMW has seen fit
to expand its battery size and, by proxy, its range. For the 2019 model year, it's
getting yet another battery upgrade, and it's a big one.
2) The 2019 BMW i3 has roughly 30 percent improvement over the previous 120-
Ah battery, which allowed for 153 miles of range. The i3's first battery was just
60 Ah, offering a range of just 81 miles.
3) It is having 150 horsepower electric motor ,powerful enough to get 60mph in
just 7.2 second.
4) Price: 3.25 lakh
11. 2) BMW
■ BMW I8
1) The BMW i8 is a hybrid car and has one petrol engine on offer. The petrol
engine is 1499 cc. Depending upon the variant and fuel type the i8 has a
mileage of 47.45 kmpl. The i8 is a four seater hybrid and has a length of
4689mm, width of 2218mm and a wheelbase of 2850mm.it is having 131hp
2) Price: Rs 2.62 Cr.
13. 3) NISSAN
■ NISSAN LEAF
1) Nissan unveiled an open-top version of its Leaf electric car to celebrate building
the 1,00,000th example of the popular EV.
2) The Leaf is a key part in Nissan's plan for an electric future with the aim of
selling one million EV’s annually by 2022.
3) The new-generation Leaf, which came out last October, is powered by a 40-
kWh battery pack, for about 240 km of range. A 60-kWh battery is rumoured to
be on the way, which could see range extended to 360 km.
4) Price: 35-40 lakhs
15. 4) FORD
■ Fusion Hybrid SE
1) The Ford Fusion Hybrid is a gasoline-electric hybrid powered version of
the mid-sized Ford Fusion sedan manufactured and marketed by Ford, now in
its second generation.
2) The Fusion Hybrid is a full-hybrid because both propulsion sources, an electric
motor powered by a supplied 275 V nickel-metal hydride battery, and a
2.5L, 156 hp gasoline engine, have substantial power ratings and either can be
used alone to propel the vehicle.
3) Price: Rs 20,115,15
■ Electric Hatch
1) The Ford Focus Electric is a 5-door hatchback electric car produced by Ford.
2) The Focus Electric is Ford's second full production, all-electric vehicle (the first
being the Ford Ranger EV), and production began in December 2011.
3) Price: 21,257,60
19. 5) KIA ELECTRIC CARS
■ Niro Plug-In Hybrid
1) Kia Motor Corporation (KIɅ), headquartered in Seoul, is South Korea's second-
largest automobile manufacturer, following the Hyundai Motor Company, with
sales of over 3.3 million vehicles in 2015.
2) Kia is a minority owner of more than twenty Hyundai subsidiaries ranging from
4.9% up to 45.37%, totaling more than US$8.3 billion.
3) The Kia Niro is a hybrid sub compact crossover manufactured by Kia
Motors since 2016.
4) Price: Rs 20,586,00
21. 5) KIA ELECTRIC CARS
■ Optima Plug-In Hybrid
1) The Kia Optima is a 4-door mid-size car manufactured by Kia Motors since
2000 and marketed globally through various nameplates.
2) Price: Rs 25,761,70
27. 1) Thunder Wind
■ Thunder wind Pvt Ltd, a pioneer and New Brand in Indian Electric Vehicle
industry with its state of art manufacturing and was Established in 2017 Chennai
with the vision to set standards of excellence.
■ Thunder wind offers 1 year warranty for battery and 2 years warranty for Motor.
Thunder wind bikes features with Anti-Theft alarm, Motor lock system and they
are exempted from road tax and other regulations. It requires no License to
operate. These bikes are suitable for all age group.
■ Price: Rs 29,000
29. 2) Omastar
■ OmaStar li is the first electric scooter in India that features a lithium-ion battery.
■ The electric scooter is equipped with ergonomics seats and stylish alloy wheels
for improved riding comfort and stability, making it a complete shows topper.
■ It has also been fitted with telescopic suspension and refreshed headlamps.
■ Price: Rs 27,235
31. 3)BSA STREET RIDER
■ BSA street rider has ergonomic seats and have large storage space.
■ It has stylish and attractive design with alloy wheels.
■ They have telescopic shock absorbers.
■ Price: Rs 29,000
33. 4) PALATINO
■ Palatino bikes price starts at Rs. 35,797 for the cheapest bike Sunshine and
goes up to Rs. 39,793 for the Palatino Spyker. Palatino offers 5 new bike
models in India and they are
35. 5) OKINAWA AUTOTECH
■ Okinawa Autotech Pvt. ltd is an Indian electric two wheeler manufacturing
company that was established in 2015 with a mission to create two wheelers
that can drive our present towards sustainable future.
■ Okinawa Scooters has brought the freedom to charge your lithium-ion battery
anytime anywhere. Because of its detachable nature, we can easily charge it at
■ Price: Rs 70,557
37. 6) ATHER
■ ATHER 450 have high capacity range, high power output for a quick
acceleration and speed, a long life, and fast-charging.
■ It has touch screen display.
■ We can charge our vehicle anywhere by plugging with 5A plug by charging
■ With ATHER app, we can know our charge status, push navigation to your
vehicle, view our ride patterns, get tips for improving vehicle performance,
request for vehicle diagnostics etc.
■ PRICE: Rs 1,28,000
39. 7) HERO ELECTRIC VEHICLES
■ The Hero Electric Flash is an entry-level electric scooter targeted at first-time
scooter buyers. The front apron of the Hero Electric Flash is dominated by a
wide headlamp, while the indicators are integrated into the handlebar. The alloy
wheels and the glossy paint give the scooter a trendy look. Apart from under
seat storage, the Flash also gets a luggage box to improve its practicality.
■ The Hero Electric Flash is available in two dual-tone paint schemes –
silver/black and red/black. The Flash is the most affordable scooter you can buy
and doesn’t have any competition in the Indian market.
■ Price: Rs 25,500
41. 8) AMPERE VEHICLES
■ Ampere Electric is one of the few names which have carved a niche for
themselves as innovative technology creators in the nascent Indian electric
■ The company’s products range includes e-cycles, e-scooters, e-trolleys (for
carrying load) and special-purpose vehicles for waste management and to cater
to differently abled persons.
■ Hemalatha founded Ampere Electric in 2007. Coming from a non-manufacturing
background, doing this was one of the biggest challenges for her.
■ Price: Rs 30,590
43. 9) GREENDZINE TECHNOLOGY
PVT LTD■ Greendzine Technologies Private Limited is a Private incorporated on 02
February 2011. It is classified as Non-govt company and is registered at
Registrar of Companies, Bangalore.
■ Equipped with a dual suspension for an involving and comfortable ride, and a
powerful motor for navigating through the toughest obstacles, the IRRWAY NXP
- 500 offers an engaging ride.
■ Price: 1.48 lakh
45. 10) CEEON INDIA
■ CEEON INDIA, was incorporated in 2014. Since that time, CEEON INDIA has
maintained its position as the No. 1 manufacturer, exporter of electric Rickshaw
and Electric Bicycles in INDIA.
■ Price: Rs 33,620
50. CAR Tesla Model S Tesla Model 3 BMW I3 BMW I8 FORD FUSION HYBRID
PRICE (LAKHS) 35 35 100 262 20
BATTERY (kWh) 60 50 42.2 7.1 1.4
SPEED (km/h) 249 227 150 250 135
CHARGING TIME 1 1.15 4.8 2to 4 2.5
TORQUE(lb-ft) 864 184 184 129
MOTOR (KW) 581 125 266 88
CAR FORD ELECTRIC HATCH KIA NITRO PLUG- IN HYBRID OPTIMA PLUG-IN HYBRID NISSAN LEAF NISSAN SPICES UP THE LEAF
PRICE (LAKHS) 21 20 25 64 NA
BATTERY (kWh) 33.5
SPEED (km/h) 135 96 100 150 150
CHARGING TIME 2 2.5 4 to 6 6 21
TORQUE(lb-ft) 181 195
MOTOR (KW) 107 59 30 80
51. BIKE THUNDER WIND TW-EB01 OMASTAR BSA STREET RIDER PALATINO ANGEL
MAX SPEED 25 25 24 25
BATTERY CAPACITY IN AH 14 20 22 20
PRICE 29000 27,237 29,000 34999
MAX CHARGING TIME IN HOUR 8 8 8 8
MOTOR O/P IN W NA 480 260 250
52. BIKE OKINAWA RIDGE + ATHER 450
V48 IRRWAY NXP-500 KVR-X
MAX SPEED 55 80 40 25 20 40
BATTERY CAPACITY IN AH 26 26 24 20 20 22
PRICE 70,557 1,28,000 25,500 30,590
MAX CHARGING TIME IN
HOUR 3 3 4 8 6 6
MOTOR O/P IN W 1200 1200 1200 960 750 500