24 Auxiliary verbs
Primary (11) (13) Modals
‘Be’ forms - am, is , are will - would
shall - should
was, were can - could
may - might
‘Do’ forms - do, does must, need, dare
ought to, used to
‘Have’ forms - have, has
‘Wh’ question Purpose
What Ask information about things
When Ask about time
Where About place
Why About reasons
Which About choice
How Ask about way, manner
who About person’s identity
Whom Person (adjective)
What is the work of ‘yes/no’ questions?
With auxiliary verbs we know whether action done or not. Hence the
speaker says either yes or no.
What is the work of ‘wh’ questions?
wh’ questions give extra information.
Eg: What am I learning?
When will they come to meet?
1) Identify the auxiliary verb in the given sentence.
Eg: We are learning grammar.
2) Bring the auxiliary verb before the subject.
Eg: Are we learning grammar.
3)Add question mark at the end of the sentence.
Eg: Are we learning grammar?
1) India has won the world cup.
2) I am preparing for the examinations.
3) children will complete homework.
4) They were playing LUDO game.
5) Our teachers had taught lessons.
6) My father is reading a news paper now.
7) All the glitters is not gold.
8) The rose is a beautiful flower.
1)Has India won the world cup?
2)Am I preparing for the examinations?
3)Will children complete homework?
4)Were they playing LUDO game?
5)Had our teachers taught lesson?
6)Is my father reading news paper now?
7)Is all the glitters not gold?
8)Is the rose a beautiful flower?
1) Do I play cricket?
2) Does my mom pack my food?
3) Did we watch movie yesterday?