1. WHAT IS SOCIAL MEDIA & HOW YOU CAN HARNESS ITS
TOOLS TO BUILD BRAND ENGAGEMENT, SALES & LOYALTY.
2. TABLE OF CONTENT
• What is Social Media?
• Why Use Social Media as a
tool for marketing
• Top Social Media Platforms
• How To Choose Which
Platforms To Use
• Tips For Driving
Engagement & Sales
• How To Measure Progress
7. Why Should You Care About Social Media?
• Social media is now the top online activity, beating porn and personal e-
• Two-thirds of the world’s population visits social networking websites.
• Millions of people are constantlycreatingcontent for the social
• The online and social media world has
become the most influential source in
helping consumers make their purchasing
• Social media is free.
8. Social Media Terms
• Social Network: web based platform which allows users to construct a
personal or professional profile from which to share news and data and
connect with other users.
• Friends: mutual connections made on social networks where data and
updates are exchanged.
• Followers: non-mutual connections to which data and updates are
• Status Updates: updating your personal or business pages on social
networks with your current interest, concern or comment.
• Shares: re-posting content from a fellow user to make it visible to the
friends within your social network.
• Likes: a simple way for users to share their approval or endorsement within
their social network.
9. Top Social Media Platforms
• Google Plus
17. Facebook Insight Metrics*
A snapshot of recent Page activity.
There's also a Pages to Watch section, so
you can see how businesses like yours
are using their Page.
A breakdown of total Page likes and
whether they came from reach or
How many people have seen your post
and how they saw it, either through
other friends or adverts.
How many people have visited your Page
and which sections they're looking at.
Insights into your audience. See when
people are online most, the types of
posts they like and their engagement
The demographics of people who see
your posts, how many people were
engaged and how many checked in to
*When you understand your audience, yourPage can be more effective.
22. BREAKDOWN OF A TWEET
Twitter Feed: The list of tweets from people you are following
Followers: Subscribers who receive your tweets in their twitter Feed.
Retweet: Forwarding a tweet to your followers.
Direct Message: A 140 character private message sent between two users.
@Username: A handle to identify a particular user.
# (Hashtag): A way to organise a conversation on Twitter
List: A Category of people you follow and their tweets
28. How Do You Decide Which Platforms Will Work
For Your Store?
1. Your Target Market
2. Your goals
29. Your Target Market
• Which social networks does your target market use the most?
• Which social networks would you be able to communicate best with
your target market?
30. WHAT ARE YOUR GOALS?
• BusinessGoals: lead generation, sales, cost
• Customer Service Goals: satisfaction,referral,
• Product Goals: product research, design,
• Communication Goals: communicating brand
personality, reputation management
• Marketing Goals: branding, awareness,
engagement, response, lead generation,
31. Top Social Media Marketing Tips
• Choose the right platform.
• Post timely.
• Use images
• Build a relationship.
• Make them feel special
• Don’t entertain the trolls.
• Optimize your social media profiles.
• Make it easy to share.
• Write like you speak.
• Build business alliances
• Strike a personal/professional balance