SlideShare utilise les cookies pour améliorer les fonctionnalités et les performances, et également pour vous montrer des publicités pertinentes. Si vous continuez à naviguer sur ce site, vous acceptez l’utilisation de cookies. Consultez nos Conditions d’utilisation et notre Politique de confidentialité.
SlideShare utilise les cookies pour améliorer les fonctionnalités et les performances, et également pour vous montrer des publicités pertinentes. Si vous continuez à naviguer sur ce site, vous acceptez l’utilisation de cookies. Consultez notre Politique de confidentialité et nos Conditions d’utilisation pour en savoir plus.
VOLUNTEER POSTING EXAMPLE :: TRUE COLORS
WORDPRESS WEBSITE CONSTRUCTION
COMPANY: True Colors, Inc.
COMPANY DESCRIPTION: True Colors’ mission is to ensure that sexual and gender minority youth are
welcomed, valued and affirmed - at home, in school, by their health care and mental health care providers, within
their faith communities and in the community at large.
True Colors has a small staff (4 full time, one Public Ally Apprentice from September to June) doing big work! We
offer 6 programs:
• An annual conference for LGBTQ youth and everybody responsible for their health and well being (with over
3,000 participants each year)
• Connecticut’s only mentoring program (and one of less than a handful in the country!) focused on the needs of
LGBTQ in out-of-home care (foster care, group homes, shelters, etc)
• A state-wide task force focused on advocacy, policy and programming for LGBTQ youth in child welfare
• Youth Leadership development which focused on youth led social change in the community and school settings;
essentially providing youth with the skills to advocate for themselves and others
• Nationally recognized cultural competency training for more than 2,400 educators, clinicians, social workers,
foster parents and family members each year
• The Spiritual Institute which focuses on working with communities of faith to create safe places for LGBTQ
youth to do their spiritual work.
Our youth are visual and engage with their world through pictures and videos. Our staff tends to be pretty wordy.
Sadly, our current website tends to reflect that wordiness... (can you tell?) But, we believe you can teach old dogs
new tricks. At least, we hope so!
INDUSTRY: Nonprofit Organization Management, Individual & Family Services
JOB TITLE: Volunteer WordPress Developer
JOB FUNCTION: Information Technology
EMPLOYMENT TYPE: Temporary
JOB DESCRIPTION: True Colors is looking for help creating a WordPress website!
• Help in selecting the best design for our needs
• The creation of a WordPress-hosted website
• Training to ensure we can update content and manage the site post-launch
True Colors does amazing work - with our 4.5 staff members, interns and volunteers we run six programs - all of
which focuses on improving the quality of life for sexual and gender minority youth and children. We believe that
our website doesn’t adequately support our mission or highlight the incredible work that our donors, volunteers and
supporters make possible. We need our website to be more visually appealing; to be easier to navigate; to be easier to
update and keep current, and to better function with smart phones and apps that our kids use.
We currently have staff and volunteers who know our existing website well, which should make it easy for you to get
started. We also have tons of existing content and the ability to provide any other information you need.
“LinkedIn for Good Volunteering”
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERTISE:
· Experience developing and implementing WordPress websites (please provide examples)
· Proficient with HTML and CSS
HOW CANDIDATES APPLY: Select “collect applications on LinkedIn” or link to your organization’s application
COUNTRY: United States
POSTAL CODE: [Organization’s Zip code]
True Colors is a Catchafire partner organization. This project and listing was identified and developed with the guidance of a
Catchafire Account Manager. Catchafire takes the hassle out of recruiting and managing a great volunteer. We set you up
for success by helping you select the right project to fit your needs, write a compelling posting, facilitate the application and
interview process, and mediate any issues that may arise throughout the project.