1. Relatives of one of the victims of a shooting at Tasso da Silveira school carry a family member who had fainted while attending the funeral at Realengo cemetery in Rio de Janeiro April 8, 2011. Click to continue
2. A protester stands in front of a burning barricade during a demonstration in Cairo January 28, 2011.
3. Passengers on Cathay Pacific flight CX715 prepare to disembark from the aeroplane after it landed safely at Changi Airport in Singapore May 16, 2011. The A330 flight, which was enroute to Jakarta, experienced engine trouble shortly after takeoff and had to return to Singapore. Its starboard engine was burnt, according to pilot Bradley Chic.
4. A woman cries while sitting on a road amid the destroyed city of Natori, Miyagi Prefecture in northern Japan March 13, 2011, after a massive earthquake and tsunami.
8. Tourists run from teargas in central Athens during anti-austerity protests, June 15, 2011.
9. A woman prepares a red carpet for the departure ceremony of Mangyongbyong cruise ship in the North Korean Special Economic Zone of Rason City, northeast of Pyongyang August 30, 2011.
10. Ayesha Walker, 44, watches the wedding of Britain's Prince William and Kate Middleton on television at a "pajamas and tiaras" live viewing party at 3 a.m. in Los Angeles, California April 29, 2011.
12. Danny Martinez, 36, a patient in drug rehabilitation, helps to move an old man from a wheelchair to his bed, after bathing him at the Nosotros Unidos rehabilitation centre for drug and alcohol addicts in the low-income neighborhood of Coche in Caracas August 27, 2011. This rehabilitation center for drug abusers and the homeless, is funded by a Christian evangelical church, and has been a model for state institutions with the same goals. It is located in the turbulent slum of Coche in Caracas, one of the most violent and chaotic cities in the world. Within its humble surroundings, some 250 men find hope each day living side by side, from the city's youth to the elderly and the infirm. The center has helped more than 20,000 people over the last 15 years.
13. One of the best views of Port-au-Prince is from a hilltop neighborhood called Fort National-- a steep five-minute ride from downtown. Eighty percent of the buildings in this densely packed area were leveled in the 2010 earthquake, providing an unobstructed 360-degree visual city tour from the crushed cathedral to the rockslide-scarred hills across the harbor.
14. A plane flies through the "Tribute in Lights" in lower Manhattan in New York September 10, 2011
15. Supporters of the banned Islamic organization Jamaat-ud-Dawa embrace each other after taking part in a funeral prayer for al Qaeda leader Osama bin Laden in Karachi May 3, 2011. The founder of one of Pakistan's most violent Islamist militant groups has told Muslims to be heartened by the death of Osama bin Laden, as his "martyrdom" would not be in vain, a spokesman for the group said.
16. Nine-year-old Dante Mitchell, classmate of nine-year-old Christina Green, holds a stuffed bear he brought to her funeral in Tucson, Arizona January 13, 2011. Green was killed in the January 8 shooting that left six dead and wounded U.S.
17. Researchers dressed in panda costumes put a panda cub into a basket before transferring it to a new living environment at the Hetaoping Research and Conservation Center for the Giant Panda in Wolong National Nature Reserve, Sichuan province February 20, 2011. The 6-month-old cub is being transferred to a bigger living environment with a higher altitude and a more complicated terrain, which marks the beginning of the second phase of its training to reintroduce it to the wild. Researchers wear panda costumes to ensure that the cub's environment is devoid of human influence. China
18. An aid worker using an iPad films the rotting carcass of a cow in Wajir near the Kenya-Somalia border, July 23, 2011.
19. An Umbanda worshiper holds a glass of beer as she enters in a trance during a ritual in the Vila Flavia favela in Sao Paulo, August 26, 2011. Umbanda, an Afro-Brazilian religion that combines African religions with Catholicism and local indigenous beliefs, uses rituals to induce trances in worshippers who "incorporate" the spirits of slaves born in Africa and buried in Brazil. During the ritual trances, the followers will smoke tobacco and drink alcohol, stagger like old slaves, beat their chests and prance around as prostitutes or drunks.
20. Policemen take pictures of the unfolding of a giant thangka, religious silk embroidery or painting unique to Tibet, during the Shoton Festival at Drepung Monastery on the outskirts of Lhasa, Tibet Autonomous Region August 29, 2011.
21. Mohammad Azam, 56, sits injured in front of a dead child, at the site of a double suicide bombing in Quetta September 7, 2011.
22. An undercover Israeli policeman dressed as a Palestinian woman opens a car door after detaining a Palestinian protester during clashes in Shuafat refugee camp, in the West Bank near Jerusalem May 15, 2011.
23. An interior view of a building in the abandoned city of Prypiat near the Chernobyl nuclear power plant in Ukraine is viewed February 24, 2011.
24. An Israeli boy looks for shrapnel after a rocket fired by Palestinian militants in Gaza exploded next to a house in Moshav Sde Avraham just outside the southern Gaza Strip March 26, 2011.
26. A Tunisian soldier screams as he tries to calm down rioters during clashes with the police in downtown of the capital Tunis January 14, 2011.
27. A 22-year-old woman in a wedding gown is grabbed by Guo Zhongfan, a local community officer, as she attempts to kill herself by jumping out of a seven-storey residential building in Changchun, Jilin province May 17, 2011. According to local media, the woman tried to commit suicide after her boyfriend of four years broke up with her, just as they were making plans to get married. The woman did not sustain any injuries during the incident.
28. Villagers attempt to catch a chicken thrown by worshipers into a volcanic crater during the annual Kasada festival at Mount Bromo in Indonesia's East Java province August 15, 2011. Villagers and worshipers throw offerings such livestock and other crops into the volcanic crater of Mount Bromo to give thanks to the Hindu gods for ensuring their safety and prosperity.
29. Vehicles belonging to forces loyal to Libyan leader Muammar Gaddafi explode after an air strike by coalition forces, along a road between Benghazi and Ajdabiyah March 20, 2011.
30. Wingwalker Todd Green falls from John Mohr's Stearman aircraft to his death, after losing his grip while trying to perform a transfer to the helicopter during Selfridge Air Show, less than 30 miles from Detroit, August 21, 2011.
31. Switzerland's photographer Denis Balibouse files his pictures under a full moon sky from Mont-Cenis Pass Road in Lanslebourg during the Grande Odyssee sled dogs race January 19, 2011. This picture was taken with a long exposure.
32. A forensic doctor stands next to a dead man at a crime scene in the Eterna Primavera (Eternal Spring) neighborhood in Temixco in Morelos state May 18, 2011. The man was stoned to death but it is not known why, according to local media.
33. Wrangler Dale Wetz rests by the campfire after the group had gathered approximately 350 horses during Montana Horses' spring drive outside Three Forks, Montana April 22, 2011. You Can Keep Listening To The Music Or Press ‘Esc’ To Exit COPYRIGHTS TO ALL PHOTOS AND MUSIC BELONG TO THE ORIGINAL AUTHORS .