1. MAGED SAMAAN
1000 North 4th Street MR #638 • Fairfield, Iowa 52557
415.416.0273 • firstname.lastname@example.org • www.linkedin.com/in/magedsamaan
Full stack .NET developer
Savvy, self-motivated, and results-driven full stack .NET developer specializing in turning ideas into software
solutions. Over 5 years of experience serving as key contributor across all software development life cycle phases
including working with big companies and succeeding in many roles in startups. Exceptional analytical skills, able to
identify issues and provide prompt, effective solutions. Strong passion for learning new technologies.
CORE COMPETENCIES / TECHNICAL SKILLS
.NET Framework • Web Development • Full Stack • Back-End • DevOp • SQL Development
Debugging & Deployment • Robust Coding • Agile Methodologies (Scrum & Kanban)
Problem Solver • Team Player • Fast Learner
Web: ASP.NET Web Forms, ASP.NET MVC, Web API, Angular, Knockout, JQuery, Telerik, Bootstrap
Frameworks: Entity Framework, NHibernate, Linq2SQL, SignalR, Selenium, Ninject, NServiceBus, ServiceStack,
Databases: SQL Server, MySQL, RavenDB, RadiusDB
Tools: TFS, GIT, Visual Studio
Other Skills: Strong knowledge of design pattern, Basic knowledge of Project Management
CAREER NOTE: Completed on-campus studies and currently taking distance education courses to complete a
Master's Degree in Computer Science (Available for full-time, W-2 employment).
INTEGRANT, Cairo, Egypt • 2015
U.S. based development & testing outsourcing company.
Principle Software Developer
Key member of outsourced Checkout team for www.proflowers.com whose roles were to performed detailed
analysis on client needs and provided new feature estimates and design, in accordance with desired specifications.
Developed and maintained new ASP.NET MVC Checkout pages for end-users and customer support.
• Empowered proflowers.com checkout & admin sites to work on IE 8 by analyzing CSS bugs and page crashes.
• Collaborated on team that re-wrote old web-forms checkout admin site to ASP.NET MVC.
• Promoted project success by writing Selenium test cases for new admin site pages.
DRBRIDGE, Cairo, Egypt • 2012-2015
Technology integration company focused on medical & healthcare service provider IT solutions.
Senior Software Engineer
Top performing contributor, performing analysis, estimates, design, and new feature implementation. Merged and
maintained TFS & source code version. Conducted data migration activities of SQL Server from lower versions to
current one. Served as 2nd line of support. Implemented automated reporting system for marketing team. Teamed
to build front end/back end and ensured synchronicity.
• Oversaw 3rd party integration, Twilio, Resalty.NET, TechEG (SMS providers), Parse.com, and MailGun.
• Designed performance enhancements for messaging Windows service using threading/SQL tuning techniques.
• Facilitated keyword search by applying SoundEx algorithm and tuning it for Arabic language.
• Enabled interaction between call center agents by integrating SignalR to allow Real Time Data interaction.
3. MAGED SAMAAN • Page 2 • 415.416.0273 • email@example.com
PINKCAIRO, Cairo, Egypt • 2014-2015 (concurrent with DrBridge employment, page 1)
Online platform development company specializing in beauty industry service/booking/finance management.
Led business operations and IT product development for startup. Liaised with clients, analyzed needs, gathered
requirements, and provided new feature estimates, design, and implementation. Provided technical support. Built,
published, and deployed new versions. Launched marketing campaign. Participated in sales meetings.
• Built entire system from the ground up, and launched Android mobile app after 1 year.
• Secured 200 clients and 10 paid accounts after 1st year.
• Acquired approval from MS BizSpark program for 3 years of free azure / MS tools for startups.
• Increased Google ranking by rewriting page contents and meta-tags
• improved loading time after applying PageSpeed suggestion.
GCSSD, Cairo, Egypt • 2011-2012
IT outsourcing, consultancy services, and software development company.
Software Engineer / Full-Stack Developer
Delivered analysis, estimates, design, and new feature implementation for finance module. Adhered to client
specifications. Maintained clear view on diverse finance needs. Created details reporting and logging/audit trail for
each transaction. Designed configurable workflow. Implemented automated processes.
• Gained strong knowledge in creating solutions for accounting, payables, receivables, and cash management.
• Developed IT systems for managing GL, sub-ledger, accounting tree, financial statements, and balance sheets.
• Implemented technologies to integrate material management module with finance module
SANTEON, Cairo, Egypt • 2010-2011
Technical support, IT outsourcing, and custom software development company.
Performed development and testing on assigned projects. Delivered high quality results and met or exceeded
expected output. Designed database schema and built logon module pages.
• Promoted team success for offline biller module in Fawry payment platform.
• Headed reporting portal aspect of project, ensuring full functionality and synchronicity.
INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY INSTITUTE (ITI), Cairo, Egypt • 2009-2010
One of the top technical training institute in Egypt
Software Engineer Internship
Learn new technologies and develop and test the assigned tasks. Share ideas and suggest enhancements.
• Completed examination system for the Institute and HR attendance system for the KTP sponsored company.
Master of Science in Computer Science, Maharishi University of Management, Fairfield, Iowa
In progress via distance education courses, expected completion: 2018
Bachelor of Science in Information Technology, Menoufia University, Menoufia, Egypt