1. SCIENCE 1
I. TRUE OR FALSE
Put a happy face inside the box if the statement is correct
Put sad face if it is wrong.
1. Matter occupies space.
2. A solid object has no definite shape.
3. There is a gas inside an inflated balloon.
4. Water follows the shape of its container.
5. All things around us are matter.
II. MULTIPLE CHOICE
Write the letter of your answer in the space provided for.
6. Which science process skill is shown when you group
objects according to their common characteristics?
2. 7. What science process skill asks you to give information
about an object using one’s sense?
8. Which sense organ is used to feel the differences in
A.eyes B. skin C. nose
9. Which state of matter has definite shape?
10. Which state of matter flows easily?
11. Rosella got a pitcher with water from the refrigerator.
She poured the water into four empty glasses. What is
the shape of the water in each glass?
A. The water in each glass is round.
B. The water in each glass is square.
C. The water takes the shape of each glass.
3. 12. Mr. Galang had a flat tire. He put air into this tire.
Then the tire became big again. Why?
A. The air occupied the space inside the tire.
B. The air particles moved everywhere.
C. The air does not have definite shape.
13. A box is an example of matter. Wherever you put it, its
shape does not change. What state of matter is it?
14. Sarah needs to find out the color and smell of rose
flower. What science process skill will she use?
15. Ms. Myra asked her students to group the animals
according to their similar characteristics. What science
process skill should they use?
4. III. IDENTIFICATON
Identify the state of matter described in the following.
In each blank, write:
A – for solid;
B – for liquid; and
C – for both solid and liquid
16. It flows.
17. It has mass.
18. It is usually hard.
19. It occupies space.
20. You can hold it with your hands.
IV. MULTIPLE CHOICE
Compare the objects in each set. Tell how they are alike.
Circle the correct word that describes their common
21. Ice cream, net and horn are alike in ________.
A. taste B. shape C. color
5. 22. Pencil, pen and crayon are like in ________.
A. use B. color C. size
23. Airplane, ship and school bus are similar in _____
A. size B. share C. use
24. Gift box, handkerchief and television are alike in ______
A. size B. shape C. use