•Gives Clarity On Your End Vision.
•Be The Best You Can Be.
•Will develop greater confidence.
•Help in utilizing talents and strengths.
•Will help in growing and developing.
How will goal setting in your life help you to
Why we don’t set Goals ?
• A pessimistic attitude.
• Fear of failure.
• Lack of ambition.
• Fear of rejection.
• Low self-esteem.
• Ignorance of the importance of Goals.
Steps for Setting Goals
• Identify potential goals.
• Prioritize and select your goals.
• Write your goals down.
• Plan how you will achieve your goals.
• Pursue your goals, monitoring progress along the way.
• Evaluate the goals.
How to start?
– Try to Identify the True Inner.
– Make a wish list.
• Non judgmental.
• Match the “Desired” state.
• Only in Positive.
– Goals have to be written & re-written.
• Recognize where you are now.
• Be willing to keep fine tuning the goal.
• Ask questions – 5 W.
• Write very clearly Use “I” & Emotions.
• Visual representation of your goals.
Decide what you want to achieve.
Goals & the Human Mind
•Energizing Effect & Motivation.
•Increased use of our Knowledge.
•Don’t be negative.
•Establish your goals in accordance to ones values.
•Need for a healthy Body & mind.
Consider what obstacles might block your way
• List every one you think of.
• obstacles may be real as well as imaginary.
• You must conquer both.
• Examine the obstacles and think on solution.
Write out detailed action plan.
• What are the priorities involved ?
• Which task must be done first ?
• When will different actions takes place ?
How to stay focused on important goals
• Stick it everywhere - Read every day.
• Eliminate activities that don’t help.
• Discuss priorities/progress with Family, Friends or
• Creative Visualization – Live a day.
• Maintain a Goal Journal.
• Details to be accomplished.
• Goals should have a way to
• Goals must be capable of
• Choose suitable Goals.
• Set a Dead-Line.
TIME - BOUND
Final tips to Goal Setting:
• Write down your goals and look at them often!
• If you achieved your goals too easily, make your next goals
• Learn something from your mistakes.
• Goal setting is am important method of:
– Deciding what’s important for you to achieve.
– Motivating yourself.
– Building self-confidence.