Lakme is a global leader in cosmetic with 25 brands with four key
areas of expertise haircare,skincare,makeup and fragrances.
It is world’s largest cosmetic and beauty company
An Indian brand of cosmetic owned by HUL, and run by chief
executive officer Pushkaraj Shenai.
It started as a 100% subsidiary of tata oil mills.
The company is ranked 29th most trusted brand in india and a
title sponsor for Lakme Fashion Week.
It was named after the French opera Lakme which itself is a
French form of company, the goddess of wealth, also renowned
for her beauty.
3. Cosmetic customers are demanding
more quality products with multiple
Mineral makeup brought the evolution
to not only color and cover but also to
protect and enhance
Following are the trends for mineral
Face colour formulation
Eye colour formulation
Lip care formulation
Sun care formulation
The portfolio today consists of products
priced as low as 99 to lipsticks that now
• M.A.C, is a cosmetics manufacturer founded
in Toronto, Canada in 1984.
• The company's only made products for
professionals, but later sold directly to customers
• It is one of the most exclusive and biggest brand to
• French cosmetic company founded in 1909 with its
headquarters in Clichy, France.
• The company also sells products such as hair color,
sun protection lotions, perfume, hair care etc.
• It has also been named as one of the world’s most
ethical companies more than once.
• Maybelline is one of the most popular makeup
brands in the world and a subsidiary of L’Oreal.
• The company was founded in 1915 and has its
headquaters in New York.
• In January 2019, Maybelline collaborated with the
German fashion brand Puma for its limited edition
collection that was marketed as Maybelline X Puma.
• Launched in 2005, today Colorbar is the fastest growing
beauty brand and owned by Modi Group
• The company has 65 exclusive stores, 900+ multi brand
outlets and through partner chains – Shoppers Stop,
Lifestyle, New U, Pantaloons.
• Won awards such as Retailer of the Year Award,
2017 and the Femina Beauty Award.
• It was founded in 1886 and has its headquaters in
• It is the fifth-largest beauty company is the second
largest direct-selling enterprise in the world
• The main products sold are cosmetics, perfumes and
• Revlon was founded in New York City on 1932 during
the midst of the Great Depression, by Jewish American.
• It was the first International Color Cosmetics brand to
be launched in India
7. Lakme Lipstick Different SKUs and Ranges
s.no. Product Shade
SKU Price (Rs)
Kareena Kapoor Khan Lankme
absolute pout definer
8 2.5 g 1200
Kareena Kapoor Khan Lakme
Absolute Lip Definer
6 1.2 g 900
Lakme Absolute Matte Ultimate Lip
12 3.4 g 800
Lakme Absolute Matte Lipstick 14 3.7 g 800
Lakme Matte Melt 20 6 ml 750
Lakme Absolute Argan Oil Lip Color 20 3.4 g 750
Lakme Absolute Lip Pout Matte
6 3.7 g 750
Lakme Absolute Lip Pout Matte Lip
4 3.5 g 650
Lakme 9 to 5 Weightless Mousse
Lipstick and cheek color
20 9 g 625
Lakme 9 to 5 Naturale Matte Lipstick 10 3.6 g 550
Lakme 9 to 5 Primer+ Matte
41 3.6 g 500
Lakme Absolute Plump and Shine
5 3 ml 475
8. 4 P’S
* Lakme salon offering , franchise
options, teaching academy, gift
cards, loyalty programs, salon
* Wide product line offering large
number of variety in terms of
number of shades in each type.
* The price rage of Lakme
Lipsticks varies between the range
of 475rs.to 1200rs.
* A 9 to 5 collection which was
targeted for the working ladies and
its prices were slightly higher than
the basic products.
* It has a well-designed website, it is
easily available in all kind of stores
including retail outlets, convenience
shops, hyper markets, malls, etc.
* Lakme has its salons widespread
across major cities in India
* Its brand ambassadors include
Indian film stars like Shraddha
Kapoor, Kareena Kapoor, Katrina Kaif
and other leading models.
* It also organises Lakme India
Fashion Week twice a year to
maintain its visibility and popularise
the brand through all possible means.
Women and Unisex
People residing in big
It has targeted the
young and upper and
upper middle affluent
class customers who
disposable income and
want to show off their
positioned itself as a
brand customized as
per the specification
of Indian women
which they use in their
Reinvent” taking care
of their everyday
beauty and skin care
10. * Major beauty brand
in India with a legacy
of over 60 years
* Wide price range
* Strong market
share in India
* Brand Loyalty
* Brand ambassadors
* Low moisturising
content in the Matte
* Price conscious
customer prefer not
buy the Lakme
lipsticks because of
its high price
* Intense competition
means limited market
* Availability of cheap
local brands and
* Global operations
of Lakme can be
* International brands
coming into the
•Improving its bond
with beauty and
fashion through the
• Lakme Beauty
can boost the
• Global reach by
advertising and tie
ups can increase the