• The imparting and acquiring of knowledge through
teaching and learning, especially at a school or similar
• The process of receiving or giving systematic instruction,
especially at a school or university.
• An enlightening experience.
5. Key Components of Education
• The System
• The Teacher
• The Learner
6. TEACH and TEACHING
• Show or explain to (someone) how to do something.
• Give information about or instruction in (a subject or
• The occupation, profession, or work of a teacher
• The acquisition of knowledge or skills through
experience, study, or by being taught
• Relatively permanent change in behavior and perception
that occur as a result of person interaction with the
• DO YOU HAVE A FAVORITE TEACHER? YES/NO.
• WHAT ARE THE QUALITIES HE/SHE POSSESED?
15. Characteristics of a Good Teacher
• An Engaging Personality and Teaching Style
• A great teacher is very engaging and holds the attention of
students in all discussions.
• Clear Objectives for Lessons
• A great teacher establishes clear objectives for each lesson
and works to meet those specific objectives during each class
• Effective Discipline Skills
• A great teacher has effective discipline skills and can promote
positive behaviors and change in the classroom.
16. Good teacher…..
• Good Classroom Management Skills
• A great teacher has good classroom management skills
and can ensure good student behavior, effective study
and work habits, and an overall sense of respect in the
• Good Communication with Parents
• A great teacher maintains open communication with
parents and keeps them informed of what is going on in
the classroom as far as curriculum, discipline, and other
issues. They make themselves available for phone calls,
meetings, and email.
17. Good teacher
• Knowledge of Curriculum and Standards
• A great teacher has thorough knowledge of the school’s
curriculum and other standards they must uphold in the
• They ensure their teaching meets those standards.
• High Expectations
• A great teacher has high expectations of their students
and encourages everyone to always work at their best
18. Good teacher
• Knowledge of Subject Matter
• A great teacher has incredible knowledge of the subject
matter they are teaching. They are prepared to answer
questions and keep the material interesting for the
• Passion for Teaching
• A great teacher is passionate about teaching and
working with students. They are excited about
influencing students’ lives and understand the impact
19. Good teacher….
• Strong Rapport with Students
• A great teacher develops a strong rapport with students
and establishes trusting relationships.
22. Good Learner
• Good Learners Ask Questions
• Show your interest to know.
• Good learning is happening.
• Show your level of understanding to the teacher.
• Show you are engaging, which is positive.
23. Good learner……
• Good learners pursue understanding diligently
• Most knowledge arrives after effort.
• Good learners recognize that a lot of learning isn’t
• Journey to understanding generally isn’t all that exciting.
• But the reward is astronomical.
• Failure frightens good learners, but they know it’s beneficial
• Reasonable tension is good.
• Good learners experience tension until they understand
24. Good Learner…….
• Good learners make knowledge their own
• It’s not enough to just take in new knowledge.
• It has to make sense, relate with previous knowledge
• Good learners share what they’ve
• “When you teach it, you learn it”
• Talking once Vs. Reading 7 times
• They FIND study mood; Not vice versa
25. GOOD TEACHERS AND GOOD
• WILL ACHIEVE THE AIM OF THE PROGRAM.
• ESSENTIAL FOR LEARNING TO TAKE PLACE.
• IT TAKES A GOOD TEACHER, A GOOD LEARNER AND
OPTIMUM ENVIRONMENT TO PRODUCE
• The Process of successfully transferring information
from one entity to another
• Exchange of thoughts, messages or information by
speech, signals, writing or behavior
• The art and technique of using verbal or non verbal
strategies effectively to impart information or
31. Qualities of a Good Message
• APPROPRIATELY TITLED OR INTRODUCED
• BETTER IF CONCISE AND PRECISE
• MUST BE APPROPRIATE FOR TARGET (Tone)
• MUST START AND END ON A POSITIVE NOTE
32. Qualities of Good Channel
• MUST BE APPROPRIATE
• Technology – One to one? Broadcast? Electronic? Non-electronic?
• Discretion – Sensitive? Personal? Public? Generic?
• Timeliness – Urgent? Important?
• MUST TAKE DEGREE OF CONFIDENTIALITY INTO ACCOUNT
33. Qualities of Good Receiver
• LISTENING ≠ HEARING; READING ≠
• LISTEN / READ WITH AN OPEN MIND: Forget
• LISTENING CAREFULLY IS A SIGN OF RESPECT
39. 3. Written communication
It involves the exchange of facts, ideas, and opinions
through a written instrument /materials.
• Successful written communication requires careful
thought and clear planning.
A plain writing style should be used.
• Because, it is easy to understand and reduces the
chances of misunderstanding and ambiguity.
40. Qualities of effective communication
The communicator should be knowledgeable, positive
attitude, skilled and have credibility.
The message should be simple (or brief & clear)
meaningful, appropriate, relevant, and timely (SMART).
The channel should be familiar, appropriate, available &
The receiver should also be responsible with proper
attitude to receive the information.