1. MICHAEL G. HYMAN
58770 Carriage Lane
South Lyon, MI 48178
A Financial Management Professional with wide-ranging experience and progressive career
growth. Demonstrated success in leading projects and reaching strategic goals. Proactive team
player with strong inter-personal and analytical skills. A results-oriented mind frame with a strong
work ethic and a high integrity individual. Highly adaptable cross-functional leader in a multi-
cultural environment. High degree of competency in: Excel, Word, Power-point, Access, Hyperion,
Citrix, SAP, BW, PMDB, Lotus Notes and One Stream applications.
Amcor, Ann Arbor, MI – Sept, 2014 – Present
Plastics Packaging Company: $11B annual sales
Finance Manager – Diversified Products North America
Responsible for costing and quoting new and existing business for the Healthcare segment in the
Diversified Products business unit. Work directly with a team of 8 Regional Sales Account Managers. Also,
collaborate with the Sales Directors, Vice President of Sales / Marketing / Finance for the Healthcare and
the Distribution segments. Currently, managing one employee, involves a good deal of coaching /
mentoring for the past 2.5 years.
• Handle multiple RFQ’s with tight deadlines
• Pull together CEAV’s for capital projects related to larger RFQ’s ($7MM to $10MM in capital)
• Work directly with Directors, VP’s, Supply Chain, Engineering, Marketing, Sales Team
• Take on ad-hoc projects as needed by upper level management
• Develop on-site / near site costing models when looking to service a large customer
• Present financials to upper level management – ROI, PBIT, IRR, CTP
Amcor, Ann Arbor, MI – Sept, 2013 – Sept 2014
Plastics Packaging Company: $11B annual sales
Sr. Financial Analyst –Diversified Products North America
Provided oversight and support to the DP Business Unit. This includes cost / margin leakage prevention,
margin accuracy, customer price communications (general / price book), and the SAP project. This
involved working with a variety of areas within the business unit: Sales Accounting, Information
Technology, Account Managers, Sales Associates, CSR’s, Commercial Finance, and Commercial Directors.
• Able to handle tight deadlines, which was demonstrated in assisting with the SAP project launch
• Used to a dynamic work environment, prefer fast pace / multi-tasking.
• Assisted in developing a new pricing model for mold / color - up charges for small order runs.
• Collaborated with I.T, Sales Accounting & CSR’s in Pharma / Legacy DP Pricebook launch
• Worked with I.T. to incorporate a general communication tool within SAP to send our customers.
• Identified areas of improvement within our downstream reporting systems – PMDB / BW / SAP.
• Assisted in developing a new process “at the front end of the business” for BOM control.
• Played a key role in the CPAF process / revamping the model
2. • Provide proper cost analysis assumptions to the Commercial Finance Managers.
• Perform Cost to Produce “CTP” and Profit before insurance & taxes “PBIT” analysis
Federal Mogul Corporation, Southfield, MI – Aug, 2012 – Sept 2013
Global Tier One OEM and Aftermarket automotive supplier: $6B annual sales
Financial Analyst – Costing and Pricing North America
Responsible for providing the Account Managers accurate financial analysis based on RFQ’s received
from the plant cost estimators. This involved working with a variety of functional areas within the
Business Unit. Provided cost & pricing of a part being quoted given capital, tooling, and specific
• Assisted in developing a Quotation Model for an overall better quoting process.
• Worked through a variety of calculations to obtain the correct conversion costs.
• Played a key role in preventing mistakes that would erode profitability.
• Worked with the Plant Cost Estimators & Account Managers to gain a better understanding of the
quoting process. This resulted in a much more cohesive and efficient process.
• Enjoy being on the front end of the business, taking a proactive, strategic approach in going after,
and obtaining new business.
Federal Mogul, Van Wert, OH Plant
Accounting Supervisor, Aug, 2010 – Aug, 2012
Assisted the Plant Controller in all aspects of the month end reporting cycle. Provided upper level
management with financial analysis and support. Provided communication, coordination, and direction to
a two-person staff. Played a key role in leading multiple cross-functional team projects.
• Implemented cost saving initiatives that had P&L impact.
• Developed and managed Capital Expenditure tracker.
• Organized and managed the entire Sarbanes Oxley “SOX” process for the plant.
• Played a valuable role in supporting profit improvement initiatives (material & price) with the
• Worked with I.T. in transitioning payroll databases into ADP reporting.
• Variety of instances in which coaching and leading turned into positive results.
• Managed and conducted the Annual Standard Cost roll for the plant.
• Supported the Account Managers with “Red Part” analysis.
Caylor Nickel Medical Center, Bluffton, IN – May, 2008 – Aug, 2010
Worked with the Controller in performing month end duties and analysis. Assisted in preparing the
financials for monthly staff meetings. Managed the Accounts Payable and Payroll processes. Assisted I.T.
with an overhaul of a system refresh.
• Managed an A/P & Payroll system for a $950M sales revenue company.
• In charge of 150+ employees and 25+ Doctors payroll which was managed through ADP software.
3. • Performed various cost savings initiatives with direction from the CFO.
• Developed and implemented a detailed analysis model for tracking flu vaccine usage.
Heritage Food Service and Equipment, Fort Wayne, IN – August, 2005 – May, 2008
Hired into Heritage Food Service and Equipment as a Staff Accountant. Promoted to Assistant Controller
after six months, reporting directly to the Controller. Worked cross-functionally with various plants in the
U.S., along with different business units at Corporate.
• Performed all month end reporting activities for five plants located across the U.S.
• Completed reconciliations after the month end close.
• Conducted financial analysis with the Controller.
• Called upon customers for payment of outstanding balances due. Was able to reach target set
each month set by Controller.
EDUCATION / ACTIVITIES
• Tiffin University, August, 2001 – May, 2005
- Bachelor of Business Administration, Major: Accounting
- Tiffin University Dragons, Men’s Basketball Team
- Van Wert, OH Leadership Graduate, August, 2011 – May 2012
- Federal Mogul Corp, Southfield, MI Leadership Course Graduate, August 2013
- ADP 15.5 CPE Credits for Payroll for Pay Expert & EZ Labor Manager