1. Michael R G Snell
Email: email@example.com Mobile: 07703 811122
I am an experienced Surveyor and Installer of all types of plantation shutters, I have a tenacious and
proactive approach to customer satisfaction and as such gave a consistently high quality service to clients. I
bring with me a wide and varied amount of experience within the Plantation Shutter and customer service
industries, I was a trusted surveyor at a leading trade affiliate to one of the largest shutter manufacturers in
the UK. My customer service skills were gained through working in a high end established Jewellers
where professionalism and being target driven was key.
I have a meticulous attention to detail, as can be seen in my previous placements and as such I am able to
build customer loyalty and gain word of mouth recommendations and repeat business. As a result of my
customer driven approach and ability to deliver high quality results, as well as my years of experience in
luxury sales environment, I am able to up sell or make additional sales to clients on site to best meet theirs
and the companies needs
I am now looking to broaden my skill set and knowledge, learning new skills and utilising techniques
already achieved to suit adverse situations.
To obtain a challenging leadership role position, in which I am given the opportunity to play a direct role in
the unlimited growth and success of a solid organisation, by applying creative problem solving and a
practical approach to achieve optimum utilisation of skills acquired and become an indispensible asset to
In relation to My DIY and shutter experience -
- The ability to survey and install all types of plantation shutters, including shapes, track systems and velux
- Use of power and hand tools, inc Planers, Drills, Circular saws, bench saws and many more.
- Ability to Send technical drawings to the factory and understand what needs changing upon them sending
- An Awareness of health and safety.
- An extensive knowledge of DIY.
- Computer and device literate, which enables me to keep an efficient client database and to keep on track
with any incoming or outstanding orders.
- Full Uk Driving license - Of which is clean. (Ability to drive SWB & LWB vans)
In relation to my customer service experience -
- Great Telephone and face-to-face Client service skills.
-I was targeted a minimum £50,000 per month, around October, November and holiday periods I was
targeted in excess of £150,000.00 all of which I regularly hit and exceeded.
- Virada Client service training. Sales training from 2ergo (Creators of Orange Wednesdays)
- GEM Qualifications – graduate, expert, masters (This is a 3 year training programme successfully
completed in my first year with Aurum)
- Put in charge of an internal newsletter for all 11 Mappin & Webb stores across the country.
- EPOS & Computer Literate (Microsoft Office, Xp, Vista, Win 10)
2. Work Experience
Rico Logistics- Courier / Driver
December 2014 - Present
• Run my own business with contact to HR and depot personnel if / when required
• Flexible working patterns, i.e long weeks (inc weekends) to drive targets.
• Collating paperwork for tax returns and VAT, Public Liability insurtance, van leasing, wage
• Maintenece of vehicles used
• Strong Knowledge of the North West region
Cool Shutters - Trade affliate of Shutterly Fabulous - Surveying Manager / Installer From 2nd Nov
2013 - 12nd Nov 2014
• Through skills gained I was able to complete installations and surveys therefore granted title of
Lone Urveying Manager/ Installer, all sales therefore were drew off my surveys, until at a later
date I was able to Train collegues to take on some of the more easier/ basic measures.
• Worked nationwide, with extensive travelling and overnight night/ week stays.
• Meticulous use of math and again attention to detail.
• Power tool knowlege was put to use when either trimming or manipulating frames to a certain
size, or using midrails to clear window handles, planing parts of the shutter frames or having to
notch out certain parts for tv cables or other obstructions.
• I dealt with various types of hardwood including Poplar and Elm, also use of combined MDF and
Dx Secure - Courier / Driver 2013 - 2014
Shutterly fabulous - Trainee - Surveyor/ Installer 2012 - 2013
• Shutterly Fabulous are one of the uk's highest regarded shutter firms.
• Worked Extensively as a trainee, Gaining a reputation that would lead me to a more trusted
• Sold the exclusive Kelly Hoppen range
• Installed converted barns, to brand new town houses as well as small businesses such as
restauraunts and beauty salons.
• Part of a 2 man team running a region ranging from birmingham to Newcastle. All parts f
transaction between client and company went through our team. This proves an efficiency of
closing sales was needed, aswell as being confident and managing own workloads with a
dependency of trust needed.
Aurum Holdings / Mappin & Webb 24th
May 2010 – 2 Feb 2012
Business development / Account manager / Field Sales
The Skills gained and utilized:
• Forged executive level client relationships and partnerships across my own and the 11 regions the
• Organising and processing high net worth sales, Claims and finance packages, On average sales of
£3000 - £8000 up to Corporate deals in excess of £100,000.00
• Growing and expanding of brands over like for like sales, and increasing Net profit of each brand
3. account that I was tasked to look after.
• Created a development plan where I would contact clients on a B2B aspect, initially via telephone
call, followed by a presentation at their chosen location. Then utilised skills gained through
training to bring negotiations to a close.
• Creating and amending new and existing finance applications, working with Hitachi Capital and
Barclays partner finance.
• Won award for highest turnover in branch, From 4th May 2010 – 2nd Feb 2011 I had taken in
excess of £595,000.00 Gbp.
• Attended events and training seminars for personal and business gain.
• Given 3 (out of 8) large accounts to oversee and maintain.
• At the end of the year (2nd
Feb 2012) after collating figures, I had increased each brand by a
minimum of 14% on previous years.
Aurum Holdings - Watches Of Switzerland 2009 - 2010
Business developer / Sales executive / Field Sales
• Managing sales and maximizing profits in all ranges of stock and add-on sales.
• I had to be vigilant at all times following extensive security procedures.
• Completing high net worth finance deals. As well as helping insurance claim clients
• I attended to high end clients, making journeys to their houses, or setting up a meeting with
them at their desired location, I often met clients at their place of work also.
• I had the pleasure of setting up a meeting through an initial call, to pitch a corporate
promotional deal of 135 products to four businessmen who in the end purchased the stock
totaling in excess of £100,000.00, my training with Virada came in very useful here.
• I have processed a transaction of £97,550.00 for a product.
Selfridges Department Store, Manchester - 2008 - 2009
Sales Executive / Consultant / Field Sales
Aurum - Goldsmiths Trafford Centre 2005 - 2008
Sales Consultant / Admin