SlideShare utilise les cookies pour améliorer les fonctionnalités et les performances, et également pour vous montrer des publicités pertinentes. Si vous continuez à naviguer sur ce site, vous acceptez l’utilisation de cookies. Consultez nos Conditions d’utilisation et notre Politique de confidentialité.
SlideShare utilise les cookies pour améliorer les fonctionnalités et les performances, et également pour vous montrer des publicités pertinentes. Si vous continuez à naviguer sur ce site, vous acceptez l’utilisation de cookies. Consultez notre Politique de confidentialité et nos Conditions d’utilisation pour en savoir plus.
Using office to prepare for employment: Teaching with Technology:
Using Office to prepare for employment
In an increasingly globalized world it is critical for
students leaving school to be prepared for a
competitive job market, understand how to apply and
interview for jobs, and demonstrate the skills needed
to be successful in the workplace including
organization, communication, and the use of ICT tools.
Essential to this is the preparation for applications and
interviews and the ability to present themselves as
In this tutorial you will:
1) Create a tool for self-assessment that your students can use to
prepare them to enter the job market.
2) Create templates for job applications and give your students
access to them.
3) Provide a safe space for your students to store and access
documents for job applications.
4) Learn how to integrate professional contacts from LinkedIn
Microsoft Office; SkyDrive,
Microsoft Office Web Apps
ICT Skill Level Required:
Anat is a vocational teacher of 16-18 year old pupils. Anat is dedicated to helping students prepare for a modern-day
workplace and provide the skills they need to be successful. She helps her students develop professional contacts,
practice oral and written application skills, assess their strengths and areas for development, and works with them to
create a compelling CV. ICT skills are critical to employment and success in today’s workplace, so she integrates
technology whenever possible.
1. With Microsoft Excel you can visualize most types of data. It is a good way for students to understand and
present their attributes to potential employers. After entering the data as shown in the screen shot below you
select all the columns and rows and insert one of the graphics types. In this example we have used the Graphic
Radar to present the skills of a student. This assessment could be done at several times throughout the school
year. If a new row of data is added it will be shown in a different color. In this way the progression of the student
can be seen.
2. Having a strong and current résumé or CV is very important. See how easy it is to create a CV using the
templates provided in Microsoft Word. Readymade template can be found by clicking on File and New:
Word templates can be reused and adapted, and then saved as new templates.
3. Posting the CV templates to a class SkyDrive can provide access for students outside school hours. See how to
create a SkyDrive for your class at this web link.
4. Students can get their own personal email and use SkyDrive for managing their professional contacts and
storing examples of their work or letters of recommendation to provide access to potential employers.
Further Resources and Ideas
1. Outlook also offers the possibility to connect to LinkedIn. That way, professional contacts can be accessed
through the Outlook environment. See how at this web link.
UNESCO CfT – Technology Literacy (Pedagogy, Integrate Technology) and (ICT, Basic Tools)
ISTE – Model Digital Age Work and Learning (3d)