AGM | KCEL | HYD-50
· Manufacturing operations senior professional with 21 years of overall experience in the
precision parts machining for engineering & manufacturing industries with leading
· Hermetically sealed compressor and its parts manufacturing industries.
· 9.5 years of experience as an Operations Head.
· Expert at executing automated manufacturing systems/processes and Operational
Excellence initiatives, while enhancing performance, improving quality, reducing costs, and
generating sustainable revenue.
· Skilled at managing Technical, financial and cultural turnarounds.
· Have lead teams of up to 20 direct reports with over 300 indirect reports.
· Familiar with the Japanese systems 5S, Kaizen, TPM, Six Sigma and Small group activities.
· Fluent in English & Telugu (native) and knowledge in Hindi.
Kumuda Creative Engineers Pvt. Limited (December 2004 – April 2014)
KCEL is an ISO 9001: 2008 certified engaged in manufacturing and supplying of very high precision
machined components in mass production and supplying to various OEM’s across all over India. with over
Annual turnover of INR.150 million.
Asst. General Manager–Plant Operations & Projects.
This premises is exclusively machining division and responsible for business turnover of 150
million in INR with 100 employees.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
· Responsible for Plant operations and achieving set goals for the organisation.
· Provide operational leadership and spearhead strategic expansion and growth plans include new
Product Development with time lines and cost control.
· The position reports to the Director-Operations and Manages 5 direct and 100 indirect reports.
· Established sophisticated machine shop to produce manufacturing of High precision machined
components for various MNC’s spread all over India is as under:
1. Piston machined having plant capacity of 4.0 million parts/Annum
2. Connecting Rod machined having plant capacity of 1.0 million parts/Annum
3. Conrod bush machined having plant capacity of 1.0 million parts/Annum
· Introduced 3-tier middle management system for smooth functioning of the Organisation
· Played a major role in cost reduction through line rejections control & Manpower Productivity
· Familiar with High precision sophisticated Centerless grinders, Fine boring, various Rotary Index
Table SPM’s and Super finishing operations & equipment like ID Burnishing & ID Honing etc.....
· Line balancing by identifying & improvement in bottleneck stages in the process
· Increased manpower productivity 20% by deploying special training for new contract workforce.
· Manufacturing cost reduction 20% by optimum consumption of Tools &Consumables.
· Reducing / eliminating waste by implementing stringent QA system in the plant like FIFO, Kaizen
BPL is the famous corporate brand name in India having group of companies
BPL Engineering Ltd. (Compressor Division) (November 1994 – May 2004)
Organization is an ISO 9001, 2000 & ISO 14001 certified engaged in designing, manufacturing, marketing
& servicing of R 134a (Non- CFC) hermetically sealed compressors for domestic refrigerators &
commercial fridges and washing machine motors. The site manufactures over turnover of INR.150 crores
product with over 800 employees.
Technical Executive–Machine shop
Monitor manufacturing activities in machine shop for BPL ENGG LTD, Hyderabad.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
· Managing the entire operations of machine shop and working towards increasing the
· Responsible for achieving daily production targets as per schedule with quality commitment.
· Effective utilization of man days and all available resources.
· Reported to the Sr.DGM-Manufacturing and Managed 12 direct and 150 indirect reports.
· Created the lowest-cost manufacturing position within the industry by utilizing selective
automation, Six Sigma disciplines, and more challenging metrics with better accountability
Significant Accomplishments as a core team member:
· Developed outsource to enhance bottleneck process in machine shop.
· Steered initiatives towards FPY improved from 82% to 97% in Compressor main Assembly shop
· Increased manpower productivity from 100 Comp /employee to 118 Comp /employee
Costs/Energy Consumption Savings:
Brought down the electrical energy consumption from 11units /Comp to 9 Units/ Comp
· Achieved 20% reduction in consumables & tools cost.
· Developed alternative source for raw materials with in optimal time frame
· Team member of Autonomous Maintenance pillar in the Plant.
· Core Team member in TPM implementation.
· One of the core team member in compressor manufacturing out of five.
VELJAN HYDRAIR LIMITED,(Hydraulics division) (September 1992 – October 1994)
VELJAN is an ISO 9001: 2008 certified engaged in manufacturing and supply of Hydraulic cylinders,
Hydraulic motors, Hydraulic pumps and Valves to various OEM’s across the globe with over Annual
turnover of INR.500million.
Diploma Engineer Supervisor Trainee -Production Become expertise in the manufacturing
processes of components being used in various types of Hydraulic cylinders.
Familiar with MS windows for data analysis, presentations & knowledge in Auto CAD.
Well versed in internal as well as external correspondence / communication with the customers
and overseas agents.
- Participated in TWO day external training SEMINAR on 5S, KAIZEN, TPM.
- Attended In-house training Programs on ISO 9001, SQC and SPC, 5S, KAIZEN, TPM,
EDUCATION, TRAINING AND CERTIFICATIONS
Chartered Engineer from A.M.I. Mech.E.
Institution of Mechanical Engineers, Mumbai in 2004
Diploma in Mechanical Engineering
M.B.T.S. Govt. Polytechnic, Guntur, A.P., in 1992.
Date of Birth : 14thOctober, 1969.
Address : D.No: 3-67/6/F-425, Nirmala Ratna Apartments, 3rd Block,
Gangaram (V), Chandanagar post, Hyderabad-500050
Languages known : Telugu, English, Hindi
Passport details : J3903054 Valid up to 20.03.2021
============== ##### ===============