What are you going to do at Robonix ?
• Attend forums to know how to build Robots !
• Making your own bot.
• Learn about Autonomous and Manual bots.
• Participate in various competitions and win Prizes.
What is a ROBOT ?
Defined by Robotics Industry Association
A re-programmable, multifunctional manipulator
designed to move material, parts, tools or specialized
devices through variable programmed motion for a
variety of tasks.
5. So , here are some Robots for you :
Legged Robot Wheeled Robot
9. History of ROBOTICS
The first industrial
1954: The first programmable
robot is designed by George
Devol, who coins the term
Universal Automation. He later
shortens this to Unimation,
which becomes the name of the
first robot company (1962).
UNIMATE originally automated the
manufacture of TV picture tubes
10. Continue. . .
PUMA 560 Manipulator
1978: The Puma (Programmable
Universal Machine for Assembly) robot is
developed by Unimation with a General
Motors design support
11. What do you need to
• Typical knowledgebase for the design and operation
of robotics systems
– Dynamic system modeling and analysis
– Feedback control
– Sensors and signal conditioning
– Actuators and power electronics
– Hardware/computer interfacing
– Computer programming
14. • Industrial robots
(which can be re-programmed) are used
extensively in factories to weld, paint,
lift and transport goods in place of
• The car manufacturing industry is a
good example. Robots weld and fit car
components to new vehicles
Current Robotic Technologies
15. Continue . . .
• Large organisations and companies reap
many benefits from robotic technologies
• Robots are less expensive than paying
human workers over the long run and
robots are not prone to injure themselves.
16. • Robots are used internationally by
Police, Army, Navy and Air force
• Robotic technology is used to deal
with hazardous situations such as
dealing with suspicious packages, riots
and for the collection of foreign
• NASA scientists use robotic technologies (Mars Explorer) to
explore other planets
Robots are currently used for situations where
human safety is an issue
ASIMO is a humanoid
robot created by Honda.
ASIMO was created at
Honda’s Research &
Research Center in Japan.
The name ASIMO is an
acronym for “Advanced
Step in Innovative