10. Core Competencies:
• A team dedicated to customer relationship
• Tie up with various local tourist
organizations to contribute to the guides for
the locality who will get portion of revenue
generated from their area.
• Tie up with local hotels giving wide variety
of discounts to users of the app.
• Publicity of the brand, leading to great
goodwill and brand recognition.
11. Strategic Assets:
• Having a huge userbase.
• Promoting app as a free app with built in
• Customers have option to try the app
before deciding whether or not to buy it –
also called the freemium model.
• No disturbing ad pop ups.
• Ad revenue is through sponsoring ads by
local hotels who can list on the app for a
12. Market Position:
• The company has plans to dominate the
worldwide tourism business and shape the
future of tourism.
• Become MyGuide to tourism what Apple is
15. The senior population is more willing to spend on
holidays. Families going on annual vacation are
also the target consumers. The middle class people
for whom savings are very important will be the
major users of the app.
16. Competitor analysis:
• There is no single dominant competitor in
• There are a many apps online that provide
similar services but the guide service to lots
of places along with various languages is
• Hence, there is no major threat from
• There is a huge upcoming potential of
increase in tourism.
• As there are no competitors with the same
service, we have a very good edge.
• If promoted right, the app will be a huge
• The key would be providing perceived
value to consumers and keeping revenue in
sync with the same.
19. The target consumers are:
• Families going on vacations to various tourism
• The millennials who have a higher tendency to
travel to different places as a part of lifestyle,
• Old age population who have retired and want
to visit different places, and
• Local tourism industry at various places who
want to advertise to the huge international
21. The main aim of the company are categorized into
long term and short term goals:
22. Short term goals:
• Heavy spending on advertising in the early
years in order to propel the app to the top
of leaderboards around the world.
• Increase consumer base by offering various
• Cover as many locations around the world
as possible and build a huge database
which will not fail.
• Tie up with local hotels and transport
companies to generate sponsorship revenue.
23. Long term goals:
• Consolidate the number one spot.
• Always stay above competition from both
new and existing entities.
• Increase brand value significantly.
• Focus on value than revenue.
• The consumer needs that will be satisfied by
the app are that of a travel guide.
• The segment of consumers this will help a
lot are those who are middle class who look
to get value for every buck they spend and
will be helped by the cheapest and best.
• Local hotels can provide help in updating
the database and for a small fee we will list
their hotels on our list for tourists to book.
• Local tourist spots can pay us to get their
• After first phase of expansion, even
international plane companies can be
entered into partnership with.
• The main business unit will comprise of a
head office from where initial operations
• In due course of expansion, more units will
be opened in places where there is
increased consumer base to cater to local
• The data server will be maintained
elsewhere were costs for maintenance is low.
• As this is the first app with such an idea,
there is no existing competition.
• Once the app is released, we will definitely
• The only way to stay on top of the game is
by innovating and making sure we are the
• This is an economically viable project only in
the long run. Short term losses are to be
• The technology required is not new, but the
app development has no precedent so only
the best software designers will be required
to design it.
• It caters to everyone. Hence, we have to be
very careful regarding legal and socio-
cultural issues. A lot of research would be
required in the same fields.
31. Customer Value Statement:
The app provides a one of a kind solution and
acts as a cheap and best travel companion, be
it for a one day escape or a year long retreat.
When you have the app in your phone, there is
nothing to worry about. From hotels to
restaurants we got it all.
32. Collaborator Value Statement:
Collaborating with us means having access to a
huge and growing market. The chance of a
partnership with an app company which will
soon break the market is amazing. We think
win-win and in that spirit take on new
collaborators and believe in creating value for
34. Freemium features:
• Using the app is absolutely free of cost. No
ad pop ups on the free version either to
make consumers feel great using the app.
• The first three places within 1002 km. After
that users can pay $1.99 per additional
place to unlock them.
• We believe that our app’s quality should be
the reason people buy the app and not
because they want to stop ads.
35. Main revenue streams:
• $1.99 per copy per place wishing to use the
app for more than 3 places within 1002 km
of each other.
• Local hotels and concierge can pay a fee to
be listed on our app. This accounts for the
major portion of our revenue.
• Revenue model is to follow volume rather
gross profit per copy sold. This way, it is
affordable and popular. (Samsung’s initial
strategy to break into the smartphone
• Have tie ups with local hotels and concierge
services who provide discounted services to
users of the app.
• The best quality app at a very reasonable
rate. The amount to be paid is nothing
compared to the average holiday spending,
and it adds incredible value to the app.
• Have various discounts and promotions
after tie ups with collaborators at various
times of the year.
• Encourage review among users.
• Main source of advertising would be word
of mouth, so provide the best consumer
• Spending on placing ads on various travel
related videos on youtube.
• Have big stars who travel frequently
endorse the brand.
• Build a consumer group on social media to
give them a sense of belonging.
• As with all the great technological
companies, the responsibility and command
will be decentralized.
• Employees will be picked very carefully, as
they are the company to our end users.
• The employees, after being selected
through a strict selection process and
training, will be empowered to make
decisions on behalf f the firm.
• The executive team only plays a supervisory
role and in case of any conflicts between
employees, the executive team will
41. Schedule for implementation of plan:
• Hire the right employees.
• Develop the app and have pre release tests
to ensure chances of bugs are very low.
• During the above phase, follow a very
aggressive advertising strategy and make
preparations for introduction fo the app to
• After official launch, have a pro active
team continuously develop the app and
listen to consumer grievances.
• Improve the features and slowly have
horizontal expansion by introducing
features already existing in the market.