SlideShare utilise les cookies pour améliorer les fonctionnalités et les performances, et également pour vous montrer des publicités pertinentes. Si vous continuez à naviguer sur ce site, vous acceptez l’utilisation de cookies. Consultez nos Conditions d’utilisation et notre Politique de confidentialité.
SlideShare utilise les cookies pour améliorer les fonctionnalités et les performances, et également pour vous montrer des publicités pertinentes. Si vous continuez à naviguer sur ce site, vous acceptez l’utilisation de cookies. Consultez notre Politique de confidentialité et nos Conditions d’utilisation pour en savoir plus.
Social Intranet (R)evolution at Enterprise 2.0 Summit
The social intranet (r)evolution Jane McConnell March 2013 European Enterprise 2.0 Summit, Parismardi 19 mars 13
Why does the "social intranet" disrupt organizations? Five reasons social intranets have not taken oﬀ and what to do about it.mardi 19 mars 13
Today we have a combination of diﬀerent “dimensions”. Workforce Partners, clients Public Social collaboration They are often (Real-time, constant movement, unpredictable) Managed DISCOVER, DISCUSS in competition. (Authoritative stable, reference) REFER, DO Structured collaboration (Creative, coordinated, goal-oriented) They are rarely WORK, CREATE well coordinated. People are The mobile dimension Available from computer, tablet, smartphone. confused....mardi 19 mars 13
Here’s how it happened And why organizations are strugglingmardi 19 mars 13
1 Authoritative, stable managed dimension ➡ Managed information and enterprise applications. ➡ Owned by Communication. ➡ At this stage, it is called the “intranet”. ➡ Structured according to the organizational structure with control and clear, distinct “territories” and responsibilities.mardi 19 mars 13
1 2 Authoritative, Authoritative, Structured stable managed stable dimension collaboration managed dimension dimension ➡ The arrival of digital platforms for structured project collaboration brings “real work” to the intranet. ➡ Goals become productivity & eﬃciency. ➡ Business and IT work together to meet operational needs by creating collaborative platforms. ➡ Competition starts between the “intranet” and the “collaborative platform”.mardi 19 mars 13
1 2 3 Social collaboration dimension Authoritative, Authoritative, Structured stable managed stable managed collaboration Authoritative, dimension dimension dimension Structured stable collaboration managed dimension dimension ➡ The arrival of “social media” in the enterprise brings disruption. ➡ People are empowered, potentially. ➡ Traditional roles of management, HR, IT and Communication are challenged as people begin to self-declare and self-organize. ➡ However, social stays in its own corner, isolated from “real work”.mardi 19 mars 13
1 2 3 4 Social collaboration dimension Authoritative, Authoritative, Structured stable managed stable managed collaboration dimension dimension dimension Authoritative, Structured stable managed collaboration dimension dimension + Mobile dimension ➡ The convergence of the 3 dimensions goes beyond disruption to transformation. ➡ Social collaboration impregnates the enterprise facilitating visibility of work, openness, eﬃciency and accountability. ➡ The “digital workplace mode” requires leadership rather than management. It is built on : “freedom within a framework”. ➡ Self-organizing communities have strong inﬂuence over work and decisions.mardi 19 mars 13
1 2 3 4 Social collaboration dimension Authoritative, Authoritative, Structured stable managed stable managed collaboration Authoritative, dimension dimension dimension Structured stable collaboration managed dimension dimension + Mobile dimension Most organizations are here.mardi 19 mars 13
Adoption lags deployment, especially for the more disruptive capabilities. Data from Q4 2012, 362 organizations, “Digital Workplace Trends 2013”.mardi 19 mars 13
Five reasons social intranets have not taken oﬀ & What to do about itmardi 19 mars 13
1. No urgency We have no sense of urgency. No “why”. ➡ Identify and communicate the compelling reason why the social intranet is critical for your organization. Check out John Paul Kotter: Leading change: http://www.kotterinternational.com/our-principles/changesteps Simon Sinek: How leaders inspire action. Start with Why: http://www.ted.com/speakers/ simon_sinek.html NY Times, alex Williams: Elevator Pitch for Enterprise 2.0: http://www.nytimes.com/external/ readwriteweb/2010/01/25/25readwriteweb-the-elevator-pitch-for-enterprise-20-24340.htmlmardi 19 mars 13
2. Middle management forgotten We think senior management buy-in is the main obstacle. ➡ Middle level managers are keys to making the social intranet business critical. Involve them from the beginning. • Middle management is a main obstacle for early adopters. That when things get real. Check out Jane McConnell: http://www.netjmc.com/organizational-change/middle-and-operational- management-the-big-digital-workplace-challenges/mardi 19 mars 13
3. No real empowerment We have a vision, we communicate it, but we don’t empower others to act on the vision. ➡ My motto: “Freedom within a framework”. • The framework is a set of strategic principles. • Within the framework, policies evolve. Policies are made at many diﬀerent levels. Check out John Paul Kotter: Leading change: http://www.kotterinternational.com/our-principles/changestepsmardi 19 mars 13
4. Fragmented digital environments We are still in a world of siloed platforms and disconnected initiatives inside organizations. ➡ We need “social glue” that lets people connect and ties things together. • Purpose is key. • Usability is key. Check out Digital Workplace Trends 2013: Executive Summary: http://www.netjmc.com/digital-workplace/ digital-workplace-trends-2013-executive-summary/mardi 19 mars 13
5. A lot to learn about change The factor that has the greatest inﬂuence in collaborative ways of working is “behavior of peers and colleagues”. ➡ Start with operational groups, not organizational groups. Solve pain points that exist. • Formal approaches such as training and inclusion in job objectives rarely bring change. Check out Digital Workplace Trends 2013: Executive Summary: http://www.netjmc.com/digital-workplace/ digital-workplace-trends-2013-executive-summary/mardi 19 mars 13
Why the diﬃculty? How to overcome it 1. Lack of urgency Create the compelling “why”. Involve them from the beginning. 2. Middle management forgotten Use them as keys to processes. Deﬁne your strategic principles: 3. No real empowerment “Freedom within a framework”. Focus on your “social glue” that ties 4. Fragmented digital environments people and information together. 5. A lot to learn about how change Start with operational groups, not happens organizational groups.mardi 19 mars 13
Thank you. Get in touch if you’re interested in a management brieﬁng, workshop facilitation, coaching or just want to chat. email@example.com twitter @netjmc Purchase the report. Use this code for a 20% reduction: “E2PARIS2013” www.digital-workplace-trends.com. References: Air Liquide, Paris - Amadeus, Madrid – ArcelorMittal, Luxembourg – Areva, Paris – Arup, UK – Alcatel-Lucent, Paris - Alstom, Paris - AGF, Paris – Bayer, France – Boehringer Ingelheim, Germany – EDF, Paris – EDP, Lisbon - ERDF, Paris - Ericsson, Stockholm - GDF Suez, Paris - Gemalto, France - GlaxoSmithKline, Belgium - IKEA, Sweden - Lagardère, Paris - Nokia, Helsinki - Novartis, Switzerland - Océ, the Netherlands - OMV Petrom, Vienna - Pernod Ricard, Paris - PPR, Paris - RATP, Paris - Groupe SEB, Lyon - SNCF, Paris - Suez Environnement, Paris - Telenor, Norway - Total, Paris - UPM, Helsinkimardi 19 mars 13
Enregistrer les diapositives les plus importantes en les clippant
La fonction clipper permet de recueillir et d’organiser en toute simplicité les diapositives les plus importantes d’une présentation. Vous pouvez conserver vos trouvailles dans des clipboards classés par thèmes.