2. What is Augmented Reality?
• An enhanced version of reality where live direct or
indirect views of physical real-world environments
are augmented with superimposed computer-
generated images over a user’s view of the real-
world, thus enhancing one’s current perception of
3. What is the Goal of AR…?
• To enhance the persons performance and perception
of the world.
• The ultimate goal of AR is to create a system such
that a user cannot tell the difference between the real
world and the virtual augmentation of it.
4. This is how AR works.
Pick a real world scene.
Add your virtual
objects in it.
Delete real world
Not virtual reality but
Augmented reality Virtual reality
• System augment the real world scene. • Totally immersive environment.
• User maintains a sense of presence in
• Visual senses are under control of
system(sometimes aural and
proprioceptive senses too).
• Needs a mechanism to combine virtual
and real worlds
• New approach go user interface
• A new way of interacting with UI.
• Possibly will be use in our daily use and all applications.