Digital Recruitment All-Rounders
Benefits Survey for the Digital Industry –
First of all, I would like to say a huge thank you to everyone that
has taken the time to complete the survey. It is this valuable input
that has made the analysis possible. We plan to continue this
survey each year to make the results even more meaningful.
Benefits are an important way for employers to attract and retain
the best talent. However, How do you feel about the benefits
offered to you? I think this survey is a great tool for setting
expectations and ensuring employers are providing employees with
benefits that they value.
Please do not hesitate to contact me or anyone at Sphere for more
Welcome to the Sphere Digital Recruitment
Ben Steer - Finance Director, Sphere Digital Recruitment
Ben is a ACMA qualified accountant with years’ of experience working for big brands such as, Tate & Lyle and Heinz. Ben also
has a background in Economics, completing a BSc from the University of Bath and working in Macroeconomic Research. He
has also been the main contributor to several Office of National Statistics surveys.
1. To identify what benefits are generally provided and whether they are valued
2. To understand attitudes towards benefits, How important are they really. And what do employees value
In addition to this survey, we will be using this data as a comparison to the results from our Company Benefits
Survey. This should give us a good idea of what benefits are provided in practice, and how well they align with
what employees want.
Why have we done this?
• Employee benefits are an important way to retain and hire people- we want to share this info with you
• We are regularly asked about benefits packages and want to provide you with credible information
• We want to understand and provide our customers with an easy guide to what benefits other employers
offer employees, away from their basic salary, to hire and retain people and to provide people with a
We surveyed over 250 candidates to get information for these results.
Thank you to everyone for completing the survey.
• 94% of candidates surveyed rated benefits as
very important when joining a new company
• 97% of candidates surveyed also said benefits
would influence their decision to move
• Generally, an employer must work harder to
retain employees if they do not provide excellent
• Over 94% of candidates surveyed say employee
benefits affect retention and recruitment
• This does not change depending on company size
or type, showing the importance of providing a
good benefit package to ensure you get the right
employees and keep them happy
• 51% of candidates surveyed are more likely to join
a company because of good benefits packages
Attitudes Towards Benefits
• 82% of candidates surveyed think benefits are
important when comparing looking to move
• 85% of candidates surveyed in companies of
1-20 say benefits are an important part of their
decision to leave
• The study also showed 65% of employees
think there is an active focus on companies
providing great benefits
• 92% of candidates surveyed say benefits are either
extremely important or important
• This does not change based on company size or
• People generally rate benefits as important but they
are also willing to overlook benefits if the company
reputation is excellent or if a larger salary is given
• Working from home, bonus and healthcare ranked as the top 3 most popular benefits
• People prefer working from home, flexibility and bonus (rewarded for what they do) over learning and
development when in a larger company
• People that work for smaller employers value softer benefits over hard benefits such as pension
• A high proportion of candidates surveyed across the board value working from home/ flexi-time
Preferred Benefits by area of employment
• Working from home and bonus are highly valued benefits
• Working from home is more important to brand & ad tech employees than agency employees
• Agency employees value softer benefits like ‘food and drinks’ as one of their top three benefits
aligning with what agencies told us they offered in the Company Benefits Survey
% of people that ranked benfits in their Top 3 of choice by Sector
Advertising or Marketing Technology
Media Owner/ Publisher
Media/ Marketing Agency
4 Top Line Tips
Recommendations & next steps
• Speak with your MD – Employee benefits are important, why is this not being
addressed? Is there an issue with the management structure/ attitudes or are
you more open minded in the way that you attract, retain and engage
employees? It is said that 1 happy employee is worth the work of 5. And hiring
and finding new talent is time consuming.
• Review, review, review – What are you currently offering your employees and how
do you rank against other similar businesses?
• Listen to your people – Understanding what your people want can provide you
with simple, and often relatively cheap solutions, to engaging your team. From
sports teams to breakfast in the office….
• Speak to us – For more information or specific help or advice about benefits, get
in touch. Here are some contacts:
General Enquiries: email@example.com // 0203 728 2973
Ed Steer, CEO: firstname.lastname@example.org // 0203 728 2970
Digital Recruitment All-Rounders
Floor 5, Imperial House, 15–19 Kingsway,
London WC2B 6UN
For any information on this
survey get in touch.
Apparemment, vous utilisez un bloqueur de publicités qui est en cours d'exécution. En ajoutant SlideShare à la liste blanche de votre bloqueur de publicités, vous soutenez notre communauté de créateurs de contenu.
Vous détestez les publicités?
Nous avons mis à jour notre politique de confidentialité.
Nous avons mis à jour notre politique de confidentialité pour nous conformer à l'évolution des réglementations mondiales en matière de confidentialité et pour vous informer de la manière dont nous utilisons vos données de façon limitée.
Vous pouvez consulter les détails ci-dessous. En cliquant sur Accepter, vous acceptez la politique de confidentialité mise à jour.