2. Beer is defined as a fermented,alcoholic
beverage made from barley,wheat,rice etc.&
flavoured with hops.
Beer = bibere meaning to drink.
Process known as brewing.
Converting sugared water to fermented
Beer,ale,porter,and stout are examples of
13. The term “beer infection” or “beer disease”
is commonly used in describing that
occasionally exists in beers or ales as the
result of the presence of microorganisms.
15. It is an alcoholic beverage made from
fermented fruit juice.
Fortified dry wine
Fortified sweet wine
19. Mostly open ended batch fermentor is used
Close cylindrical fermentor can also be used.
20. The grape
Handling the grapes
Crushing the grapes
Treatment before fermentation
Storage and aging
24. Microbial contamination include aerobic
microorganisms and disease caused by
facultative anaerobes or anaerobes.
Temperature can also affect its quality.