1. Curriculum Vitae
I have 8 years composite experience from laminating on the shop floor to production
management , my laminating skills are hand lay up, RTM and resin infusion with a high level
of technical ability and proven management track record.
Princess Yachts international 07/01/2007 – present
Factory manager- M class composites
- Employed as composite factory manager, Princess manufacture luxury motor yachts that
are distributed around the world to an extremely high quality standard.
Began my employment as a laminator gaining skills in wet layup, RTM and resin infusion
laminating, I progressed to fit out where I completed an NVQ 2 in marine engineering,
learning all aspects from hydraulic bow thrusters to building cabins, I progressed to GRP
charge hand and on to Composites factory manager.
- Managing a team of 30 employees and maintaining a high level of shop floor moral.
- Communicating with all departments within the business to maintain quality
standards and delivery schedules
- Quality control, to ensure quality standards are met and are in line with ISO 9001 and
environmental standards ISO 14001, ensuring high quality and minimal waste.
- Wet layup and resin infusion laminating, all aspects to a high standard from gel coat
and skin coat to vacuum bagging and infusion and resin transfer moulding (RTM)
- Managing projects in respects of budgets, manning, target hours and delivery.
- Time management and organisation to exceed the targets and delivery schedule set
by senior management and the customer whilst maintaining quality standards.
- Health and safety, monitoring the shop floor constantly and involving health and
safety champions using hazard report sheets and safe start sheets to eliminate
accidents on the shop floor.
Palgrave Brown Ltd 2002-23/12/2006
Production manager- Truss joist
- Began as labourer and worked my way through saw operator, loader and all aspects of the
timber yard until I became the production manager, I was instrumental in re organising the
production facility and taking the profit from 2 million to 8 million in just over a year through a
more efficient facility, the company sent me to Lancashire to assist with re organisation of
the factory there to boost efficiency which was successful.
- Managing a team of 22 men in a fast paced environment.
2. - Communicating with sites and customers to ensure quality of the product and
- Take part in the recruitment process, conducting interviews.
- Developing an effective team whilst encouraging ownership of goals and objectives.
- Team leading and motivating including ongoing development and training to
- Arranging logistics, sorting transport, loading goods, to adhere to schedules
- GCSE passed all taken
- NVQ level 2 marine engineering
- Diploma in business improvement techniques
- IOSHH working safely certificate
- Certificate in resin infusion techniques