Soyez le premier à aimer ceci
This project refers to restoration and rehabilitation of quarry Ribnica by establishment of botanical garden of rare, threatened or endemic flora contained within vegetation of rock crevices and screes. Project will be performed in several phases:
- precise determination of ecological demands for endemic plants living amid rocks based on georeferenced phytoecological data of vegetation in rock crevices and screes;
- defining area of quarry Ribnica in terms of ecological conditions and by means of predictive vegetation modelling, in order to recognize microlocations within quarry which match ecological niche of designated plants;
- activities regarding establishment of botanical garden (collection of herbal material in natural habitats, transfer into previously defined locations of quarry Ribnica, inventory and monitoring of flora in the quarry in order to achieve garden's sustainability).
Aims of project:
- restoration of open rocky ground in the quarry Ribnica
- preservation and improvement of rare, threatened or endemic flora by means of ex situ conservation
- creation of space for scientific research and education
- raising of ecological awareness in local community
The project won the 1st Prize in National Quarry Life Award in 2014 in Bosnia and Hercegovina.
Read more: http://www.quarrylifeaward.com/project/quarry-ribnica-function-conservation-rare-and-threatened-floristic-genpool-bh-kamenolom