1. DAILY LESSON LOG School Grade Level 7/8
Teacher Learning Area TLE- Handicraft
Teaching date and Time Week 5 Quarter 1
MONDAY TUESDAY WEDNESDAY THURSDAY FRIDAY
The learner demonstrates understanding on the principles and concepts of recycling
The learner understands and create recycled project
LO 1. Understand Recycling
1. Recycled articles are identified based on recyclable materials
II. CONTENT PRODUCE RECYCLED PROJECT (RP)
1. Science - Classification of recyclable materials and environmental impact
2. Mathematics - Measuring and calculating the quantity of recyclable materials used in handicraft making
3. Social Studies - Understanding the importance of recycling in sustainable development
1. Teacher’s Guide
Handicraft I- Curriculum Guide
Alternative Delivery Mode Modules (Deped)
3. Textbook pages
TV, Laptop, Speaker, Projector, Multimedia site (Youtube), PPT, Handicraft tools, and equipment
B. Other Learning
Rubrics, DLL, Activity sheets, Activity Material, Realia
IV. PROCEDURES 4A’S Learning Approach
1. Show a short video highlighting the negative effects of improper waste disposal and the importance of recycling.
2. Conduct a class discussion on the different types of recyclable materials and their potential uses.
3. Display various handicraft items made from recycled materials and ask students to identify the materials used.
Activity 1: Recycled Material Identification
Materials: Various recyclable materials (plastic bottles, cardboard, newspapers, tin cans, etc.), markers, paper
1. Divide the class into small groups.
2. Distribute different recyclable materials to each group.
3. Students will examine the materials and identify what they are made of (e.g., plastic, paper, metal).
4. They will write down their findings on the paper provided.
- Correct identification of recyclable materials: 5 points
- Accurate labeling of materials: 3 points
1. What is the main material used in plastic bottles?
2. How can you distinguish between cardboard and newspaper?
Activity 2: Recycled Handicraft Creation
Materials: Recyclable materials collected by students scissors, glue, markers, additional decorative materials (optional)
1. Instruct students to bring recyclable materials from home.
2. Demonstrate different handicraft techniques using recyclable materials (e.g., making a pen holder from a plastic bottle,
creating a photo frame from cardboard).
3. Students will create their own handicrafts using the materials they brought.
- Creativity and originality of the handicraft: 10 points
- Use of appropriate techniques: 5 points
3. Assessment Questions:
1. What is one technique you used in creating your handicraft?
2. How did you incorporate recyclable materials into your design?
Activity 3: Handicraft Presentation and Reflection
Materials: Completed handicrafts, presentation materials (poster, PowerPoint, etc.)
1. Each student will present their handicraft to the class, explaining the materials used and the process of creation.
2. After the presentations, students will reflect on their experience and the importance of recycling in their lives.
- Clarity and organization of presentation: 5 points
- Reflection on the importance of recycling: 5 points
1. What materials did you use in creating your handicraft?
2. How has this activity changed your perspective on recycling?
Review the handicrafts created by the students and identify the materials used in each. Discuss the variety and creativity of the
projects, as well as the effectiveness of the students' identification of recyclable materials.
Discuss the concept of recycling and its impact on the environment. Emphasize the importance of identifying recyclable
materials and finding creative ways to reuse them.
Present the students with a real-life problem related to recycling, such as designing an eco-friendly packaging solution for a
product. Ask them to brainstorm ideas using recyclable and present their proposals.
V. ASSESSMENT 1. Written test on the identification of recyclable materials.
2. Rubric-based assessment of the handicraft creations.
3. Class participation and engagement during discussions and activities.
VI. ASSIGNMENT Research and write a short essay on the benefits of recycling and the role of individuals in promoting sustainability. Include
examples of how you can incorporate recycling into your daily life.