SlideShare utilise les cookies pour améliorer les fonctionnalités et les performances, et également pour vous montrer des publicités pertinentes. Si vous continuez à naviguer sur ce site, vous acceptez l’utilisation de cookies. Consultez nos Conditions d’utilisation et notre Politique de confidentialité.
SlideShare utilise les cookies pour améliorer les fonctionnalités et les performances, et également pour vous montrer des publicités pertinentes. Si vous continuez à naviguer sur ce site, vous acceptez l’utilisation de cookies. Consultez notre Politique de confidentialité et nos Conditions d’utilisation pour en savoir plus.
The One Thing Book Summary. The One Thing is a book by Gary Keller. This book can help you to achieve extraordinary results in your business. The book teaches you to find your leveraging strengths and using them to attain success faster.
The One Thing Book
A book by Gary Keller
Focus on what is most important. Do not multi-task.
Build constructive habits with self-discipline.
Work with a purpose, priority, and productivity, to gain profit
“What is the one thing such that, by doing it
everything else will be easier or
Focusing Question Explained
Gary Keller asks us to first figure out the answer to the above
question. The answer to the above question should be the
ultimate goal of our life. This goal will have the leveraging
quality. Attaining small goals should become easier after you
attain this goal.Knowing this goal will also bring clarity to your
path ahead. Once you know what is that ‘One Thing?’, you
should devote your undivided attention towards the
attainment of that goal. The rest of the book will help you out
in reaching your goals
The 80/20 Rule
The ’80/20 rule’ is universally applicable and hence it is widely popular. It mainly
says that the minority of your efforts lead to the majority of your results. As I said
this rule is universally applicable, here are some examples-
● 80% of your sale comes from 20% of your customers.
● 80% of the world’s wealth is owned by 20% of individuals.
● The most frequently used 20% of the words account for 80% of the word
● 51 Examples of 80/20 rule.
How to use 80/20 rule?
Therefore you should be aware of this rule and try to find the 20% activities which
can yield the 80% of your success. You should narrow down some more on these
20% activities and find out the most crucial ones out of them. As these activities
have the leveraging power, therefore the more time you spend on them, the faster
Do one thing at a time
Our brain is not made to multitask. It can do only one thing at a time, When you
are multitasking, actually you are not doing any of the tasks properly. You may say
that we can easily walk and talk simultaneously, then aren’t we multitasking at that
time? But while talking about trivial topics, your brain does not need much
attention and you easily divide your attention between the two tasks. But if I ask
you what is 32 multiplied by 13, would you be able to answer while walking at the
same pace? No, your pace will slow down because you have a limited attention
which you cannot squander on walking while solving a much attention seeking
question. Therefore, do your most ‘20%’ activities with full attention!
Automate your success
Your success can be automated with habits. If you have constructive habits then
you will automatically become a successful person. But habits do not come easily.
Habits are the products of discipline. If you stay disciplined and keep training
yourself to act in a certain way then it sticks with you as a habit. Being disciplined
requires Willpower, and Willpower is self-depleting. Therefore you need to spend
your willpower cleverly to save it for doing important tasks
The 4 P’s of success
1. Purpose– Begin with the purpose. The purpose will provide you clarity and it
will help you in setting your priorities.
2. Priority- When you are clear about your priorities, you will start working more
3. Productivity- When you work more productively, you start profiting yourself
4. Profit- Profit will be the byproduct of doing the above three steps right.
Drilling Down Your Goals
● 5 Year Goal- Based on my final goal, what is the one thing which I can do in
the next five years?
● 1 Year Goal- Based on my 5-year goal, what is the one thing which I can do
in this one year?
● Monthly Goal- Based on my 1-year goal, what is the one thing which I can do
● Weekly Goal- Based on my monthly goal, what is the one thing which I can do
● Daily Goal- Based on my weekly goal, what is the one thing which I can do
● Right Now- Based on my daily goal, what is the one thing which I can do right
So this was The One Thing Book Summary
For more book summaries log on to Book Summaries on Better Than Before.