1. Practical Exercise -1.
Acquaintance and Preparation of
Audio-Visual Aids and their use at
Various Stages of Adoption
Dr. Rajinder Kaur Kalra
Professor & Head (Retired )
Deptt.of Ext. Edu.
• Audio visual aids play significant role in
teaching learning process
• Audio visual aids are the devices that help the
teacher in transmitting the learners the facts,
skills, attitudes, knowledge, understanding and
• It is very important that every extension
teacher should know what types of aids will be
more suitable for a particular teaching
To impart knowledge to the students about
different audio visual aids and their use at various
stages of adoption process
To provide skills in the preparation and use of
4. Types of AIDS
• Audio-Aids: The instructional devices which can
be heard only e.g. recordings, radio, gramophone,
• Visual Aids: The aids which can be seen only e.g.
posters, charts, photographs, slides, power point
• Audio-visual: Aids The aids which can be seen as
well as heard e.g. sound films, television, video
tapes, computer, mobile phones, etc
27. Importance of Audio Visual Aids
• Helps to give correct concepts.
• Intensify the impressions and vitalise the
• Arouse, build and sustain the interest by
attracting the attention of the learner.
• Motivate for action and change the attitudes.
• Teaching will be in systematic manner.
• Supplement other learning and clarify what has
• Serve as reminders and economise teaching time.
• Over come the language barrier.
28. Use of Audio Visual Aids at Various
Stages of Adoption Process
• Awareness: Posters, Chalk board, Magnetic board,
flannel graph, Peg Board, Maps, Radio, Television,
• Interest: Flash Cards, Pictorial charts, Flow chart,
Tree chart, Photographs, Models, Projectors, PPTs,
Video Films, Video Tapes, Drama and Puppet show
• Evaluation: Table Chart, Pie Chart, Bar Chart, Flash
• Trail: Flash Cards, Photographs, Video films,
• Adoption: Photographs, Wall newspaper, Television,
• Audio Visual Aids are used singly or in combination with
other aids and extension methods
The use of Audio Visual Aids shall depend upon a number
1. Teaching Objectives whether to give information, to
impart skill or bringing change in attitude etc.
2. Nature Of subject matter being taught particular aspect
of the technology .
3. Size of audiences small or big.
4. Availability of equipments, material and funds.
5. Skill and Experience of the extension agent in
preparations and use of Audio Visual Aids
• Prepare visual aids : Posters, various types
of charts, flash cards and news letter related
to agricultural topic
• Key Questions
• Define audio, visual and audio visual aids
• Classify audio-visual aids according to the
stages of adoption process