(EMBRACING NEW TECHNOLOGY FOR PRESENT & FUTURE BUSINESS)
RAKHAV KRISHNA G III IT
RAHUL RAJAN D III IT
• The increasing pace of change is rapidly driving customer,
businesses and technology firms in a tight embrace, with the
convergence of disruptive technologies eroding the boundaries
• Businesses are becoming more and more agile.
• So, the technologies such as social media, mobility, analytics and
cloud computing are coming together to unleash unlimited
opportunities for everyone involved
• This convergence – also known as SMAC – is the leading disruptor
to the business-technology ecosystem and also become the fifth
wave of IT sector.
ERAS IN ENTERPRISE
PRE - DIGITAL ERA (decades
ORGANIZATION STRUCTURE – Highly
DESITION MAKING PROCESS -
CUSTOMERS - Lack Information
ROLE OF TECHNOLOGY – Support Function
DISRUPTIVE TECHNOLOGY – PC’s
DIGITAL ERA (80’s & 90’s):
ORGANIZATION STRUCTURE –Semi-
DESITION MAKING PROCESS - Management
Driven with customer input.
CUSTOMERS - More Informed
ROLE OF TECHNOLOGY – Strategic Functions
DISRUPTIVE TECHNOLOGY – Basic Internet,
ERAS IN ENTERPRISE
POST DIGITAL ERA:
With over 4.5 billion mobile subscribers and over 2.5
billion internet users, many believe that we have already entered
the post-digital era.
ORGANIZATION STRUCTURE Highly decentralized
DESITION MAKING PROCESS – In collaboration with
CUSTOMERS – Highly informed
ROLE OF TECHNOLOGY – Business enablers
DISRUPTIVE TECHNOLOGY – AI, Robotics, Augmented
reality, Cloud Computing,
13% of web
via mobile –
in the past
mid 2015 –
and B2B, per
day by 2020
data in the
FOUR PILLARS OF SMAC
SOCIAL MEDIA - To connect and socialize with
people faster and easier
MOBILITY - Smart devices connects you to the
world anytime, anywhere.
ANALYTICS - Tool for processing data and
generating required information at required instance
CLOUD - A place where you can store billions of
Gigabytes of data and access it easily whenever
• A social media strategy has become a must for all
enterprises, be it banks, retailers or the government.
• With over one billion individuals logged on to
various social networks, people are now using social
media for advice on what products to buy, where to
shop and even regarding what firms they want to
• While most enterprises use social media for their
customer service function only, many firms have
now started using social media in tandem with their
sales and marketing functions.
• This in turn enables firms to use data generated by
the customers effectively to service their larger pools
FACTS TO GAZE
• 2.18 billion Global Social Network Users, Worldwide
• Facebook had 1.8 billion monthly active users as of 24 April 2016, an
increase of 25% year-over year.
• Over 350 million Facebook users suffer from “Facebook addiction Syndrome”
• Daily users 757 Million
• 34% of Facebook users are in the 18-29 age group
• LinkedIn has grown from 4500 users in 2003 to 500+million users as of
• Every Minute there are 2 users joining in LinkedIn
• Expecting 3 Billion users.
• Geographical reach is in 200 countries.
SOCIAL MEDIA IN INDIA
•Tata DoCoMo – 11.68
•Vodafone – 10.75
•Nokia – 8.66
•Fastrack - 8.44
•Samsung – 5.87
•Kingfisher – 5.36
•Intel – 5.01
•Pepsi – 4.39
•Shopper Stop – 4.36
•Levis – 4.31
• Mobile devices have changed the way people access
• Smartphones and tablets have brought rich, digital
content to the fingertips of consumers.
• Mobile banking has emerged as one of the most
innovative products in the financial services
• Shoppers are increasingly using their mobile devices
for everything from browsing to comparing to
• Governments are also reaching out to their citizens,
using mobile devices as an efficient channel.
• Enterprises also jump on to the mobility
bandwagon, and ensure that their applications are
FACTS TO GAZE
• 42% of mobile phones in the US are smart phones. In Europe, the figure is 44%
• More than 97% of phone owners access the Internet or email on their
• More than 110 million smart phones users in the US and Europe access social
networks and blogs on their phones
• Percentage of LinkedIn usage through mobile is 41% as of Feb 2015
• Average no of profile views in LinkedIn through mobile are 28 Million as on
Apr 18, 2016
• There are 164.8 million Mobile Internet Users in India (2009 – 2015)
• Every year, companies and individuals
generate billions of gigabytes of data.
• Data, which properly analyzed and used in
time, can emerge as an unbeatable competitive
• Enterprises need to recognize the prospect
analytics represents and should adapt their IT
strategy to capture such opportunities’.
• Analytics can help retailers predict buying
decisions of shoppers
• While governments can use analytics to
provide services directly to their citizens
THREE V’s OF ANALYTICS
• The sheer amount of data generated or data intensity that must
be ingested, analyzed, and managed to make decisions based on
complete data analysisVolume
• How fast data is being produced and changed and the speed
with which data must be received, understood, and processedVelocity
• The rise of information coming from new sources both inside
and outside the walls of the enterprise creates integration,
management, governance, and architectural pressures on ITVariety
USES OF ANALYTICS
• Health Care
• The undeniable power of cloud computing to
foster innovations and improve productivity is
now accepted by both IT vendors and their
• The financial services and government sectors
are mostly moving to a private cloud model due
to information security concerns, other industries
like healthcare and retail have adopted public
• Moreover, their existing infrastructure has
helped telecom players to emerge as providers of
cloud computing, leading to erosion in
boundaries between IT and telecom vendors.
FACTS TO GAZE
• 74% of enterprises are trying to use some form of cloud services
• 84% of CIO’s want to cut application costs by moving to the cloud
• One third of IT budgets will be spent for Cloud enablement
• In 2016, over 206 billion USD put into the Global Public Cloud Service
Markets whereas in Big Data it has been increased to 48 billion USD.
• Amazon Web Services is the first to launch a suite of cloud based services
including storage, computation and the human intelligence
• Unites States continues to top the ranking table as the location with
lowest risk followed by UK
• Cushman and Wakefield has ranked India the second most risky country
among 30 countries for data centers
INDIA PUBLIC CLOUD SERVICE MARKET,
by segments (2012)
SMAC INITAIL PROJECTS
• The Home Depot
• Orlando Health
• “My Airtel My Offer”
• City Bank, India
FUTURE WITH SMAC
1. Virtual offices where employees sit at home and connect through skype
and other social networks using their smartphones, maintain their data
on the cloud, generate reports and forecasts through analytics are just a
few years away.
2. Personal regarding your company’s production strategies , marketing
strategies ,or assistance regarding health insurances: with an additional
support of social connectivity, is possible using SMAC. Won’t that make
your life easier?
3. Wouldn’t it just be great that your LinkedIn profile is automatically
making the necessary changes when you change your job and your
details are entered in new company’s database? e-assistance app
4. Creation of app that assists you at every point in your life , may it be
searching for a good restaurant, or major decision making
Big data and
Data as a service
Social and cloud
providers of all
ADVANTAGES AND HURDLES TO OVERCOME
• Forecasts through 2020
• Learn from SMAC market opportunity
• Understand the SMAC market opportunity
• Identify key area for IT personal development
• Identify leading companies in SMAC app lifecycle
• Identify opportunities for SMAC converged apps and services
• Cost Effective
• Storage of Huge amount of data in cloud is a big deal.
• Analysing such large data is a Tedious Process.
• Securing the data from being hacked.
SMAC collectively is considered to be a
multi-billion dollar opportunity, globally
for the IT-BPO vendors. The enterprises
are increasingly adopting these
technologies, as they become more agile
with information sharing within
organization and seek more insights
about their customers to serve them
Apparemment, vous utilisez un bloqueur de publicités qui est en cours d'exécution. En ajoutant SlideShare à la liste blanche de votre bloqueur de publicités, vous soutenez notre communauté de créateurs de contenu.
Vous détestez les publicités?
Nous avons mis à jour notre politique de confidentialité.
Nous avons mis à jour notre politique de confidentialité pour nous conformer à l'évolution des réglementations mondiales en matière de confidentialité et pour vous informer de la manière dont nous utilisons vos données de façon limitée.
Vous pouvez consulter les détails ci-dessous. En cliquant sur Accepter, vous acceptez la politique de confidentialité mise à jour.