1. L&T Technology Services Confidential Page 1 of 1
RAMESH KUMAR GUPTA
Very good leadership & project monitoring, tracking, planning, proposal document
preparation, Estimation, HSIT, SSIT ,DO178B, SDLC and many V&V UTAS processes, RTRT, C,
ADA, VxWorks, RTOS, DOORS, CM/CR Synergy
Programming & Scripting Languages - C, C++, UNIX Internals, Ada, Python
Operating Systems – Windows 2003, 7, MS DOS, Linux, VxWorks (RTOS)
Tools/ Software: RTRT, Workbench IDE, Tornado, CCS, DOORS, Clear Case, SVN, CVS, CM
Synergy, Version One, Clear Quest, Bugzilla, MANTIS
Total 13 years of Embedded Software experience in Software development activities &
testing in Avionics domain
Excellent exposure in customer interactions/discussions through working at Client
location in Germany, USA as well as in India (Bangalore) for the avionics project.
Experience in software/hardware and functional testing using script in UTAS proprietary
language to validate ARINC 429 & CAN signals used for Fuel Quantity Integrated system,
SFECU (Actuation System, BA & Embraer)
Expertise in Hardware-Software Integration (HSIT) and Software Integration (SWIT)
testing using RT-tester tool as per DO-178B guidelines for CIDS software of A318, A340
Performed software development activities as per DO 178B for FQGS (Fuel Quantity
Gauging System) software (Level A) for Bell Helicopter at client location in India.
Unit testing using White box and Black box testing methods using RTRT (Rational Test
Real Time) tool according to DO-178B rules for Level A avionics Engine control software.
Extensively used Device Software Management software & Workbench IDE for 2 years for
developing and debugging of C/ C++ software modules and used for communicating with
the different embedded target boards(PowerPC, X86, MIPS, ARM, XSCALE) & testing on
Expertise in System Integration Testing on different Lighting Control Devices, also
updated scripts in Microsoft Visual C# to automate testing of different functionalities of
Experience in preparing Project proposal document, estimation of efforts, review and
updating of planning documents, Test reports, problem reports required for full SDLC of
the avionics project as per V – model
Support provided for SQA Audit process, Quality process initiates & Risk
analysis/mitigation and followed SEI-CMMI guidelines & Quality systems.
Working as Project Leader at Larsen & Toubro Technology Services Ltd., Bangalore from
Jan 2011.(currently deputed to UTC Aerospace Systems at Rockford IL, USA from Oct
2014 till date )
Worked as Team Leader at Infotech Enterprises Ltd. Bangalore from July–2009 to Jan-
Worked as Senior Software Engineer at Wipro Technologies. Bangalore from Dec–2005 to
Worked as Software Engineer at Safran Aerospace India, Bangalore from Mar–2004 to Dec-
2. L&T Technology Services Confidential Page 2 of 2
RAMESH KUMAR GUPTA
Worked as a Contractor at ADITI, Bangalore from Nov–2003 to Jan-2004
Functional Testing, HSIT of Slat Flap
Electronic Control Unit (SFECU) of
Duration Oct 2014 – Till date
Team Size 14
SFECU communications with the Aircraft is accomplished with redundant
ARINC-429 Digital Information Transfer System buses. Much of the
functionality of these buses is provided by an ARNIC-429 FPGA. The FPGA is
initialized by the MP at start up. Both MP and CP independently receive labels
based on their unique label subscriptions. Inter-Channel Communications
between SFECU MPs and CPs is accomplished with Controller Area Network
• Software functional Test procedure & test cases writing and
execution on SFECU LRU Unit & Test Stand as DFRD & SWRD requirement
of KC 390(Embraer) & G7000/8000 Programs (BA).
• Lead the team (onsite & offshore) for performing development &
verification activities, assigning and tracking the task for completion of
the same on time with very good quality at UTAS IL, USA, focal for
• Also CR fixing related Ada /C code update and testing on test stand
for MRJ & G7000/8000 program at UTAS IL,USA
• Updated test procedure surrogate in DOORS & done review of
those documents following DO178 B.
Technologies Software was developed in Hand & Model Code ( Matlab)
Tools CCS, C, Co-pilot (ARINC 429),MATLAB (Simulink)
Received Team Performance Award in Estrella & also very good customer
Development & Verification of Fuel Quantity
Integrated System for Boeing programs
Duration 9 months
Team Size 5
Fuel Quantity Integrated System software (for B767-2C) consists of Fuel
Quantity Processor Unit (FQPU), Body Tank controller (BTC) & Ground Refuel
Panel (GRP) modules function for providing measured fuel quantity, ground
and aerial refueling and control of fuel transfer between body and center
3. L&T Technology Services Confidential Page 3 of 3
RAMESH KUMAR GUPTA
• Software updates and developed some new features in ATP code of C++
and fixed ATP failures for Boeing 737 fuel quantity test Software during 2014
as per DO178 B guidelines.
• Lead the team for performing development & verification activities,
assigning and tracking the task for completion of the same on time with very
good quality at UTAS SIS in VT, USA. Developed automation tool in Python.
• Developed scripts in Python as well as in UTAS proprietary language to
verify all ARINC 429 & CAN signals used in tester application for FQIS software
of B 767-2C.
• Executed test scripts on 5 Testers running on LabVIEW application to verify
ARINC 429 & CAN signals in FQIS SW and also performed hardware testing for
• Updated Calibration and Test equipment verification document with all
ARINC & CAN signal tables and also done review of those documents following
Technologies LabVIEW Simulation
Tools C++, LabVIEW based Application, Python ,ARINC Bus tools, P-CAN Explorer
Developed automation tool in python for script generation for ARINC, CAN
signals, Received very good customer appreciation.
Software Development & Verification
Activities for Fuel Quantity Gauging System
Software ( DO178 B - Level A) of Bell
Duration 6 months
Team Size 3
Fuel Quantity Gauging System software consisting Fuel Quantity Signal
Conditioner (FQSC) processes signals from active fuel probes and low level
sensors located in the fuel tanks in Bell helicopter, calculates fuel contents
and receives and transmits data on A-429 digital data bus inputs and outputs
• Worked as a Senior team member at client location in India, involved in
reviewing and updating all planning (PSAC, SDP, SVP, SCMP etc.) documents
of level A software for SOI Audits as per DO178B guidelines for this project.
• Understanding and analysis of System Specification document.
• Performed gathering of Software Requirements, analysis to check whether
it can be implemented and verified or not for Level A software as per DO 178
• Updated Software Design documents (SDD) for all low level requirements
including all modules.
• Prepared Traceability document and also created all linking from Business
to System Requirements to Software Requirement (High level) till Design
requirement (Low Level) in DOORS.
• Executed code modules on target of microcontroller Pic 18F4620 using
Microchip IDE for Sanity Test
Tools C, Microchip IDE, DOORS, Target board of Microchip Pic18F4620
Learnt execution of modules on microcontroller Pic 18F4620 using Microchip
4. L&T Technology Services Confidential Page 4 of 4
RAMESH KUMAR GUPTA
C# Script Development and System
Integration Testing of Lighting Control
Duration 26 months
Team Size 6
Project uses Quantum processors (Embedded) used as main (Master) device to
communicate with different automatic lighting control devices (dimming, auto
& switched) responsible for controlling different types of lighting loads
(incandescent, fluorescent etc.) which can be used in official buildings.
Also worked on a different project for 6 months of Lighting Control system
using PXA 16x and LPC1756 processors interconnected via USB interface with
a LCD touch screen. The device runs on Ginger Bread (Android) with PXA 16x
and LPC1756 related lighting control software application running on it. The
device can be connected to many other similar devices on a network through
Luma CAN, Ethernet.
• Lead the verification team to perform and complete the system testing on
time with very good quality.
• Developed script in Microsoft Visual C# to automate manual testing of
different functionality of different lighting control devices.
• Worked on Quantum GUI, interfaced with Quantum processor, to create
database for different lighting areas having different control devices of
different lighting loads.
• Analyzed Source code in C of QSG lighting device to make changes in
• Prepared System Test plan as per client specification document with many
test cases of different modules to test different functionalities of complete
• Designed and written test cases and scenarios to test functionalities for
different Input/output, Boundary values and Error based related as part of
• Performed System Integration Testing as per SIT plan on System Test Walls
with Sapphire Rev 7.0 board connected with MPU using Luma CAN cable and
many relays to control different Lighting lamps.
• Updated System Test results for delivery for many iterations of testing and
logged many bugs for failed test cases in MANTIS, Version One and Bugzilla
• Reproduced software bugs on system, captured logs and shared with
developers to analyses the root cause.
• Involved in Tagging and building (using build script) of the deliverable
software to client.
• Prepared MAP, SMR for every month and Release Note as part of Project /
Process / SQA related activity.
Technologies Lighting Control Embedded Software
C#, Flash Magic Tool, Marvell xtreme Debugger, Eclipse IDE ,Shell scripting for
build script, Quantum GUI, Firmware Upgrade Flash Tool, Device Tester tool.
Learned Lighting control devices & software, Received very good customer
Project Name Duration 26 months
5. L&T Technology Services Confidential Page 5 of 5
RAMESH KUMAR GUPTA
HSIT and SWI Testing for CIDS Architecture
Avionics Software (A318, A340, A380 – DO178 B -
Level B, C )
Team Size 5
The Cabin Intercommunication Data System (CIDS) in A318, A340 & A380 Flight
is a microprocessor-based system used to accomplish the functional control,
operation, data transmission, testing and monitoring of various cabin systems.
• Lead a team of 6 members for all verification activity.
• Also worked in Germany for 3 months at client location to perform SDF -
HSI (Smoke detection functionality-hardware software integration testing on
target based) execution when CAM(cabin assignment module) downloading
functionality was newly added in SDF board for Issue 8 project of CIDS A318
and when project completion was in critical stage, but completed successfully
with great team effort.
• Analysis and understanding of Software Requirement specification
document and then design and developed new test cases/scenarios & also
modified existing test cases accordingly to DO 178B guidelines for level B, C
software following V model of SDLC.
• Developed test procedures using RT tester (6.0, 5.0) and execution of
same for different modules of CIDS board (SDF, DMB) in C programming
• Executed test scripts using Citrix login on Test Rig m/c placed in lab at
Client place in Germany & compare actual results with the expected results.
• Updated the requirement traceability matrix in DOORS to map system and
software requirements (as per specification doc) to corresponding test cases
and test results details.
• Problem reporting using Clear Quest for any S/w failures and analysis
• Generated test reports & test procedure doc and delivered after SQA
Technologies CIDS Software
C, RT Tester Tool, CIDS Software running on DMB,SDF,DAB director boards
connected with FAP using many cables(e.g. RS 232) controlling CIDS
Received many Team of the Month Award for valuable contribution in the
Testing for Embedded Device Software
Duration 26 months
Team Size 6
The project involves development runtime patches for device diagnostics
software framework to support remote diagnostics of the device, with dynamic
instrumentation of source code. The framework supports applying
patches/probes called Sensor points into the memory image of executing
programs as it starts execution. This project also includes transfer of logged
device data to the enterprise server for support debugging remotely
6. L&T Technology Services Confidential Page 6 of 6
RAMESH KUMAR GUPTA
• Understanding of the software Requirement document given by
• Developed C/C++, ADA source code and generated different binaries to
run on different architectures target boards using Workbench IDE and
• Loaded the different binaries on corresponding target boards for
debugging and checking output using Workbench IDE.
• As a Senior team member, mentored new team members on the project.
• Created new test cases and scenarios for new requirements.
• Executed test cases using Workbench IDE & checked Outputs on different
architecture (PPC, X86, MIPS, ARM) embedded target boards for compiler like
Diab & GNU installed for different version of VxWorks (5.5,6.1 to 6.6).
• Transfer of logged device data to the enterprise server for support the
debugging the source code remotely.
• Involved in 3 releases of the project in many phases of the development
and testing cycle.
• Tested C sensor point application on wrlinux-1.4, 1.5, 2.0 versions with
Linux target boards.
• Tested C/C++ sensor point application for user space and Linux kernel
Technologies DSM Embedded Software of Wind river
Tools C,C++, ADA, WIndRiver Workbench IDE, Diab, GNU Compiler
Received FIMC award for raising critical bugs on ADA integration in Workbench
FADEC (Full Authority Digital Engine
Control), ETRAC (Electrical Thrust Reverser
Actuation Controller) and G3 of MAKILA
Turbine Engine –Level A
Duration 22 months
Team Size 8
In FADEC system there is a feedback from the engine that enables the control
system to know the speed, temperature, internal pressures and condition of
the engine which reduces the pilot’s workload, Improve engine handling and
response. Improve fault detection and accommodation. This project deals with
Unit testing activities following White Box testing method using RTRT tool.
• Review of Software Design (low level requirement) document as per DO
178B Level A software.
• Unit testing activities like designing of test cases from Software low
• Understand the flow graph of the module for different path, condition
coverage & then design the test cases.
• Design of White box test cases for Structural coverage, Code coverage &
MCDC according to DO-178B guidelines for level A Engine control software
following V model.
• Used Automation scripts also in FADEC 2 for execution of some modules.
• Performed testing for normal and boundary value ranges for different
types of variables used in different modules, all in C & also used stub functions
in test case scripts using RTRT tool.
• Performed testing for normal and robust ranges for different types of
variables in ADA & also used stub functions & Integrated functions of unit
modules of G3 software using RTRT tool.
7. L&T Technology Services Confidential Page 7 of 7
RAMESH KUMAR GUPTA
• Performed design of unit test cases integrating different in-use and stub
• Test case Execution & generation of test report docs and raised bugs using
Clear Quest .Delivered the tested module’s deliverables using CM synergy.
Technologies C, ADA, FADEC Software
Tools RTRT, CM Synergy, DOORS
Received Appreciation Letter for valuable contribution in the project.
Advance Diploma in Real Time Embedded System (Feb 2003 - Aug 2003) from
training dev. of Cranes Software International Ltd. Bangalore
B.E. in Electronics and Communication from Kalpataru Institute of Technology,
Tiptur (VTU, Karnataka, India) July 2002
Educational Qualification & Certifications