1. Ramon R. Velazquez Orengo
Project and Portfolio I: Business & Marketing
Prof. Ryan Mickley
Portfolio Project 2: Developing Your Personal Brand Canvas
Sunday, March 17th, 2019
2. A R E N A
-Which industry, market, and/or ﬁeld do you want to work within?
• The industry I would like to work in the Sports industry.
• Location: East Coast(Florida)
• Jobs of interest:
- Sports Broadcasting
- Sports Management
- Sports Marketing
- Scout and Coaching
3. I D E N T I T Y
-Who are you? What makes you unique?
• I’m a hard-working, dedicated individual. I’m known for my infectious
personality and my relentless motivation to strive for a better me. I
believe in being a student of the industry and I’m always looking forward
when it comes to learning new things. Great team player and motivator
that enjoys to see people reaching their goals as much as much as
mine. The most important thing to me while being in the industry is to
always stay humble and respect the industry. Being a servant to my
craft is what makes me unique and it shows in the effort I put into my
work. The best goal in life is to never have an endgame but to always
forge a new path and create opportunities for yourself and the people
4. S K I L L S
-What can you do? What talents, skills, and abilities can you claim
that are relevant to your future employer, customers, or clients?
• Team player
• Research Oriented
• Good Speaker
• Good Listener
• Writing skills
• Proactive leader
5. P R O F E S S I O N
-What do you do and how do you do it
differently than others? What is your
approach to work?
• My work allows me to create a connection
with my audience.
• See my goals through no matter the
• Self-determined and self-motivated.
• The extensive research done before,
during, and after the creation of content is
paramount to showing the commitment to
• The need to consistently learn new things
and develop the ones I already possess
allow me to represent myself and show my
love for the industry.
6. C R E D E N T I A L S
-Why are you credible? What makes you
trustworthy to your future employer,
customers, or clients?
• As a student and a beginner in the
business, I have a clean slate which
means I have the opportunity to prove
my loyalties and prove my worth.
• Be reliable
• Be honest. Keeping your word means a
lot in the media industry. Creating
relationships and building trust with
other people will allow me to gain
information and opportunities before
other people and this is only possible if
as a media member your audience and
sources trust me.
7. P R O M I S E
-What promise will you make to your future
employer, customers, or clients? What
problem(s) do you solve? How do you know
these problems exist in the marketplace?
• Being determined, hard working and motivated
are the qualities that make me unique and
allow me to stand out over the rest.
• Some of the problems facing the industry
today are being ﬁrst. As a media outlet
breaking news and being the fastest source to
provide the news is very important to the
• Also, objectiveness is very important. As a part
of the media industry I believe in being
balanced, objective and fair. This traits allow
me to be unbiased and become a credible
source in the industry. This is one of the
toughest problems in today’s media.
8. P O S I T I O N I N G
-Why should someone hire or work with you
rather than your competition? How do you
want your audience to think of you? How are
you different than your competition?
• New brand of media(Stand out, be unique)
• I believe that as a brand and individual I can
bring a set of skills and qualities that
employers are looking for.
• A dedicated, hard working individual that
motivates and leads other to be better and
works well with them is very appealing.
• I use my personality to attract my audience
and it helps my content stand out and keep
9. A U D I E N C E
-Which employers, customers, or clients needs to know you? Who inﬂuences them? Where can you ﬁnd
your audience? What interests and opinions do these individuals hold? What kind of activities are they
engaged in outside of work?
• Strong social media presence
• Be an active member of your community
• Know the people in your community
• As an active member of my community, I know what people enjoy to do and they want to watch.
• A lot of people spend time in the gym. Speciﬁcally, I go the most popular kickboxing school in my area. A
lot of people attend and share information about the upcoming events.
• People like sharing and being part of their teammates success and the common person going to the gym
getting a workout in, love to have the access to the news and take pride into knowing that the places they
are part of are being successful.
• This is were I come in as a member of the media and help with providing the news, updates and
10. N E T W O R K I N G & M A R K E T I N G
-How will you gain the attention of your future employer, customers, or clients? How can
you create a strong relationship with your audience? What type of content will you publish
online to provide value to your audience? What industry events will you attend and why?
• As a member of the sports industry being involved in media I believe in giving the
audience what they want and what they need.
• My sports broadcasting skills will be of great advantage in this part of the job since
creating content is going to be crucial for the success of my brand.
• I plan to cover sports events of all types. Basketball, and combat sports(MMA, Boxing)
are the sports I plan on covering for the most part but enjoy all sports and plan on
covering and attending other events.
• Develop content creation and photography skills.
• Build social media presence off of the success of my content. Let my work carry me and
speak for itself.
11. C O M P E T I T O R S
-Who else might you be competing with for a job, sale, or contract? How do you compare to them?
• While doing my research for competition, one person that stands out is Heidi Gutierrez. She is
currently working in my local area has been in the business for about two years. She received a
Master’s degree in Strategic Communication from Liberty University in 2017 and works as a content
and social media manager for a local company. As a newcomer in the media industry I believe that
this kind of competition in my area will allow me to step up to the plate and work extra hard to be at
the level of my competition. I have a lot of work to do, but at this time I can work to improve my skills
and become a professional to one day be able to become as good as the competitors. I’ve actually
met Heidi since we live in a small town and we go to work events and by judging her work ethic the
bar is set really high.
12. P R O F E S S I O N A L D E V E L O P M E N T
-What do you need to improve upon in order to reach your career goals and how will you go about
making these improvements? What skills and abilities do you need to develop to stand out from
your competition? What type of mentor or coach will you seek to help you develop professionally?
How much time do you need to dedicate to these improvements?
• I still have a lot of work to do. I believe I have to learn more about to manage my social media
accounts and how to invite and attract more people into my platforms to increase my audience.
• Develop photography skills
• As of now, my mentor is Mr. Stefan Butin Bik. He is the owner of Butin Bik Combat Sports in Fl.
He is a role model and I believe in his teaching and strive to as good of a professional as he is.
Being in the martial arts world, learning a discipline in combat sports can give you live lessons.
Mr. Butin Bik teaches how to dedicate yourself to your craft and how to never give up on dreams.
This are some of the things I ﬁnd that he can give me the help I need to become a professional.
• As a student of sports in a professional and recreational way, I learn new things every day. A good
professional and individual should aim to become better everyday. Life has teachings every single
day and as individuals it is imperative that we take advantage of them and be the best version of
13. G O A L S
-What do you want to achieve by developing your personal brand? Are you
seeking to grow your brand awareness? Improve your professional image? What
is the purpose for your personal branding endeavors?
• As my brand continues to grow and develop, I can make an assertive effort to
learn more about my craft and create more content to support my growth.
• Taking on new projects
• Open professional social media accounts. This will allow me to start fresh and
attract my target audience. By inviting and promoting people to my professional
pages by sharing content, ideas and projects.
• I want to be conservative and give myself an adequate amount of time to market
my brand and get a response from people. By starting now, I could see a myself
getting to my goal of having at least 5,000 followers across all media platforms
by the Summer of 2020.
14. R E F E R E N C E S :