Ketamine Withdrawal And Treatment Clinic In New Jersey What is Ketamine? Ketamine is an anesthetic approved since 1970 for use in humans and animals, but is used mostly in veterinary settings. Ketamine can be abused.
Definition of a ketamine ?
• Ketamine is a medication that is commonly used as an anesthetic in
medical settings. It is also sometimes used off-label to treat chronic pain,
depression, and other psychiatric conditions. Ketamine belongs to a class
of drugs known as dissociative anesthetics, which cause a sense of
detachment from the environment and can produce hallucinations or other
• Ketamine is a Schedule III controlled substance in the United States due to
its potential for abuse and dependence. It can be administered via
injection, intranasal spray, or oral tablet. When used in a medical setting,
ketamine is typically given in a controlled environment with careful
monitoring of vital signs and other parameters to ensure safety.
What are the treatment steps of a ketamine:
1. Assessment: The first step in treating a psychiatric condition with ketamine is typically a thorough
assessment by a healthcare professional. This may include a physical exam, mental health
evaluation, and medical history review to determine if ketamine is a suitable treatment option.
2. Preparation: Before receiving ketamine, patients may need to abstain from food and drink for a
certain period of time. They may also need to temporarily stop taking certain medications that could
interact with ketamine.
3. Administration: Ketamine can be administered via injection, intranasal spray, or oral tablet. The
method of administration may vary depending on the patient's condition and the healthcare
4. Monitoring: During and after administration of ketamine, patients will typically be closely monitored
by healthcare professionals to ensure safety and effectiveness. This may include monitoring of vital
signs, mental status, and potential side effects.
5. Follow-up: After receiving ketamine treatment, patients may need follow-up appointments to assess
the effectiveness of the treatment and make any necessary adjustments to the treatment plan.
333 Cedar Ave., Bldg. B,Middlesex, NJ – 08846, United States
81 Northfield AveWest Orange, NJ – 07052, United States
20 Gibson Place, Suite 103 Freehold, NJ – 07728, United States