1. Curriculum Vitae
Britdoors Group Ltd, part of the Xerxes Equity Group
Doors Division comprising Homesafe Doors, Securidor and subsidiary JCK Joinery
Unit 8 Newent Business Park, Newent, Gloucestershire GL18 1DZ
Homesafe Doors and Securidor are two trading styles of the Britdoors Group, and are one of
the leading suppliers of composite doorsets to the social housing and retail sectors. The
budgeted annual turnover for 2014 was approx £20M.
Job Title: Finance & Admin Manager
Reporting To: Managing Director, Liam Kelleher
Reporting Staff: 6 within the accounting, payroll, credit control and purchase ledger
Employed From: May 2005 to May 2014
At Britdoors I managed a small finance team within a business delivering a door supply and
installation service to both the social and retail marketplace. The contracts could be a single
doorset to the retail industry or a contract for social housing anywhere from £50K to £3M,
all installations were managed through self employed fitting teams throughout the uk. The
finance team under my responsibility consisted of six individuals covering HR, payroll,
purchase ledger, credit control and finance. My main role was managing all financial aspects
of the business and the production of the monthly management accounts pack, budgets and
forecasting, management kpi reporting and management of the cashflow of the business.
Principle Accountabilities and Responsibilities
• Production of an extensive monthly management accounts pack for the business
operation both for local management and Xerxes executive board, incorporating financial
accounts and management reporting on sales by customer, market sector and products
by sales value and volumes , selling prices by customer and products and sales/material
margins. Analysing sales to latest budget analysing and understanding the reasons for
all the sales variances whether volume, selling price, customer/product mix. Analysing
direct labour, material and overhead expenditure to latest budget analysing and
understanding the reasons for all the variances, particularly whether the variances were
sales or productivity based issues.
• Attending monthly executive board meeting, third week of each month to review both
the monthly financial and production performances together with future plans, initiatives
• Production of both financial and management accounts , sales reporting as above, and
key-performance indicators for the business for management and control purposes on a
daily, weekly and monthly basis as appropriate for management. KPI’s included stock
holding and movements/turnover for both raw materials/WIP and finished goods, debtor
, creditor and stock days, sales reports, order bank reports, manufacturing/labour
utilisation, transport utilisation etc
• Management of the cash flow of the business, debtor receipts, creditor terms and
payments, PAYE, VAT, Stock holding of both finished goods and WIP/raw materials to
2. maximise cash flow
• Managing of the Centric finance facility on a daily basis, ensuring all invoicing is
uploaded and all cash requirements are drawn down to maximise cash availability to the
• Production of weekly/monthly forward cash flow projections and budgets, with
comparisons to actual cashflow and bank balances
• Management of the payroll functions for both weekly and monthly payrolls to strict
deadlines, production of management information on payroll costs & headcounts by
• Management of the credit control and purchase ledger functions ensuring that these are
run efficiently, management of the cash flow resulting from both operations
• Control of all expenditure within the business ensuring all authority scales are adhered
• Formulation and maintenance of all procedures for the finance and administration
functions, ensuring all procedures and authority scales are adhered to, amending and
documenting procedures where required.
• Reconciliation of all balance sheet control accounts, Fixed Assets , Debtors, Creditors,
Bank, VAT, Wages, PAYE/NI etc.
• Completion of group VAT and PAYE returns as required. Payment of VAT, PAYE, pension,
• Production of annual budgets and forecasts for the business operation as required to
strict timetables for management and control purposes
• Production of year end and half-years accounts and tax schedules
• Production of a management reporting pack for Britdoors Group, providing meaningful
financial, sales and production reporting to all levels of business managers to aid
management in the business decision processes. Britdoors reporting pack ultimately
used as the standard reporting template/format for all Xerxes businesses.
• Undertaking an IT project to upgrade the IT for the business to include, replacing all the
servers, pc’s and laptops in the business which was implemented over several phases,
which also necessitated upgrading the majority of the business software. This required
a detailed survey all of all users requirement on software and computer requirements in
consultation with our computer support company. We also upgraded the broadband
service and installed a new fully integrated CCTV security system across the site.
• Amalgamating the financial accounting and reporting systems for three former
independent privately owned businesess (Lindman doorsets, Homesafe Doors and
Securidor) into an agreed common group reporting format. Businesess were ultimately
merged into one legal entity with centralised accounting and finance.
• Management of the credit control and purchasing functions to improve cash flows of the
business and reduce the exposure to bad debts and minimise stockholding costs.
3. • Setting up of HR procedures and standardised forms to bring professional standards to
the HR function in recording employee information, holiday records, absence reporting
and disciplinary procedures.
• Implementation of new time and attendance system for the payroll function, utilising
hand scanners for daily employee time recording