3. Control is a basic managerial
function involving setting
standards, evaluating against
standards and taking corrective
Here can see five basic steps of
4. Coca Cola, a 115-year old company and one of the
world’s most successful enterprises, has, as its
hallmark of dynamic growth, a strong brand,
international expansion & wonderful controlling
The company is best known for its flagship
product Coca-Cola, invented in 1886 by
pharmacist John Stith Pemberton in Columbus,
5. Coca cola company’s vision serves as a framework for our Roadmap
and guides every aspect of our business by describing what we
need to accomplish in order to continue achieving sustainable,
People: Be a great place to work where people are inspired to be
the best they can be.
Portfolio: Bring to the world a portfolio beverage brands that
anticipate and satisfy people’s desires and needs.
Profit: Maximize long-term return to shareholders while being
mindful of our overall responsibilities.
Productivity: be a highly effective, lean and fast-moving
6. Our Roadmap starts with out mission, which is
enduring. It declares our purpose as a company
and serves as the standard against which we weigh
our actions and decisions.
To refresh the world…
To inspire moments of optimism and happiness…
To create value and make a difference.
7. Currently serving 3,500 products worldwide .
On Earth Day Coca Cola donated more than 55,000
recycling bins to parks, schools, colleges, and homes in
a 115 communities across the US.
63,290,877 likes on Facebook.
Coca Cola Rewards program is now offered.
10. Controlling process of coca cola company :
Coca cola company’s standards & to measure actual performance:
As the world’s largest beverage company, we bring safe, great-tasting,
quality beverages to consumers at a rate of 1.8 billion servings per day.
Our beverages offer hydration, refreshment, and moments of affordable
happiness for people worldwide. We are committed to making sure all of
the thousands of beverages we produce meet the highest standards for
safety and quality.
Safety and Quality in Every Serving:
We ensure consistent safety and quality through strong governance and
compliance to applicable regulations and standards. We manufacture our
products following strict policies, requirements and specifications provided
through an integrated quality management program that measures all of our
operations, system wide, against the same global standards for production and
distribution of our beverages.
11. Coca-Cola and Alcohol:
In June 2012, the National Institute of Consumption in Paris reported
finding traces of alcohol in Coca-Cola and other popular colas, causing
confusion among some consumers. In fact, Coca-Cola is not an alcoholic
beverage, and we do not add alcohol as an ingredient. Trace levels of
alcohol can indeed be found in Coca-Cola, just as they can be found
naturally in many foods and beverages, including potatoes, bananas, yogurt,
oranges, bread, dates, vinegar, rose water, grapefruit and mushrooms—none
of which is considered an alcoholic product.
Our Position on BPA
Our top priority is to ensure the safety and quality of our products and packaging through
rigorous standards that meet or exceed government requirements. If we had any concerns about
the safety of our packaging, we would not use it.
In recent years, some consumers have expressed concern about bisphenol A, or BPA, which is
used in making the lining of our aluminum cans. BPA is a chemical used worldwide in making
the packages of thousands of products, including the coating inside virtually all metal food and
beverage cans. This coating guards against contamination and extends the shelf life of foods and
beverages. It also is used to manufacture shatter-resistant bottles, medical devices, sports safety
equipment and compact disc covers. BPA has been used for more than 50 years. Currently, the
only commercially viable lining systems for the mass production of aluminum cans contains
12. Caramel Coloring
We use caramel coloring in several of our products. In fact, we have used it in
Coca-Cola since 1886. While our caramel comes from a commercial
manufacturer, it is just as safe as foods that are “browned” or as the caramel that
can be made at home by heating sugar.
Policy on Biotechnology
Recognizing and appreciating the trust that consumers place in us every time
they reach for one of our beverages, The Coca-Cola Company has an
uncompromising commitment to the safety and quality of our products.
We use only those ingredients that have been evaluated for safety based on
sound science and that have been approved for use by local health and safety
regulators. Wherever we operate, we abide by the laws and customs of the local
communities, including regulations pertaining to health, safety and product
13. Outstanding water management and reduction
The Water Standard award recognizes CCE’s
leadership in measuring, managing and reducing
water use. The company achieved its lowest ever
water use ratio of 1.4 litres to make 1 litre of
product in 2012 – a reduction of 14.6% since
2007. CCE’s sustainability plan commits it to
setting the standard for water efficiency,
establishing a water sustainable operation and
minimizing water impacts throughout its entire
14. Compare performance:
For comparing the performances of coco cola
company needs the SOWT ANALYSIS that are:
1) With revenues of $35,119,000 million, Coca-Cola is one of the largest beverage
2) Coca-Cola owns four of the world’s top five nonalcoholic sparkling beverage brands
including Coca-Cola, Diet Coke, Sprite and Fanta.
3) Sold 25.5 billion cases of products in 2010
4) Accounted for 51% of U.S. unit case volume, and 50% of non-U.S. case volume for 2010
5) Has ownership interest in its bottling/distributing partners; 23% in Coca-Cola Hellenic,
32% in Coca-Cola FEMSA, and 30% in Coca-Cola Amatil.
6) Acquired Coca-Cola Enterprises, Inc., one of the major bottlers for Coca-Cola in North
America which had $3.6 billion in revenues
7) In Eurasia and Africa, unit case volume increased 12% in 2010
8) Coca-Cola has more than 500 brands and 3,500 beverages and products.
9) Coca-Cola sells 1.7 Billion servings of beverages per day in over 200 countries.
10) Coca-Cola generated 9.5 billion in cash from operations in 2010, up 16% over 2009.
16. 1) Spurring demand for energy drinks, especially in the US where estimates show about 2
2) Approximately 85% of the company’s unit case volume is delivered in recyclable
bottles and cans, and the company targets to recover at least 50% of the equivalent
bottles and cans sold worldwide.
3) Bottled water drinking has increased 11%.
4) European and China market show large potential to grow by an estimated amount of
5) Has the option, but no obligation, to assist bottlers with promotional and marketing
activities ($5 billion in 2010).
6) 55 billion beverage servings are consumed worldwide each day
7) Global beverage industry is expected to grow from a valued $1.4 trillion in 2008, to
$1.6 trillion by 2013.
8) India currently only consumes 11 8oz servings of Coca Cola per person per year.
9) The non-alcoholic ready to drink(NARTD) beverage industry is expected to grow by
50 billion unit cases by 2020.
1) Weak performance in Europe achieving a 0% growth in 2010
2) Does not hold number 1 spot for either the water brand or the leading sports drink
3) Currently does not hold a snacks segment, where Pepsi Co. has a food division which creates for
60% of their total revenue.
4) Does not perform best in North America, only accounting for 31.7% in total revenue in 2010
5) Has a high number of current liabilities accounting for 18,508 million
6) Acquiring Coca-Cola Enterprises (CCE) resulted in assuming additional $7.9 billion in debt
7) Operating income for Europe operations decreased by $50 million in 2010
8) Interest expense increased $378 million mainly due to premiums paid on repurchasing long term
9) Common Stock Market Prices decreased between the first and second quarter in 2010 from $52.23
10) Other operating expenses grew to $5,959 million in 2010 from $5,699 million in 2009
1) Increasing preference for non carbonated healthy drinks. The Coca Cola soda saw
a 5% volume declines respectively in the carbonated soda brands category.
2) With rising obesity rates of 35.7% for adults and 17% for youth in the U.S. alone,
health concerns may cause reduced consumption of sugar sweetened beverages,
3) Water is the main and most significant ingredient in beverages, quality and
abundance of water is scarce worldwide, where 70% is used for agriculture and
4) With $24.5 billion in net operating revenue generated from international markets,
and operating in over 200 countries, unstable economic conditions in foreign
countries can dramatically decrease revenues.
5) The primary beverage of Coca Cola is sparkling beverages, the most popular
drinks consumed worldwide, in their respective order, are water, tea, and beer.
6) Changes in currency rates. Coca-cola uses 74 functional currencies in 2010.
7) In 2010 had approximately 18,600 associates represented by labor unions.
8) PEP operating income and revenues both exceeded KO's by .85 Billion and 7.67
Billion respectively. They are strong competitors in the market
9) PepsiCo dominated North America with sales of US $22billion,while Coca-Cola
only had about US $7billion.
19. FINANCIAL COMPARISONS
Total Revenue Net Income Total
Coke 47.6 Billion 8.8 Billion 146,200
Pepsi 65.70 Billion 5.92 Billion 297,000
Dr. Pepper 5.97 Billion 625 Million 19,000
Since coca cola is world best company and it will take action to its
negative deviation. it takes corrective action to remove these aspect
like changing the standards, providing better motivation, giving
better training, using better machines, taking action to the weakness
& threats etc. The management should take essential steps to
prevent these deviations in the future.
After taking corrective action, the management of COCA COLA
company must do a follow-up. The management of coca cola
company find out whether the corrective actions are taken properly.
They also finds out whether the deviations and their causes are
removed. If follow-up is done properly, then the actual performance
will be equal to or better than the established standards.
21. AT LAST WE CAN SAY THAT THE CONTROLLING
PROCESS OF COCA COLA COMPANY IS THE
CRUCIAL ASPECT FOR THE DEVELOPMENT…….