Introduction to Developing
Professional Identity (DPI)
1. Be active
2. Be on time
3. Be prepared
4. Be respectful to others’ opinions
5. Use gadgets (phones/laptops etc) for academic purposes only
6. Always remember to say "please" and "thank you" when soliciting help from
7. Don't badmouth others or call them stupid. You may disagree with their
ideas, but don't mock the person
1. Before asking a question, check the class FAQs or search the Internet to see if the
answer is obvious or easy to find
2. Before posting your question to a discussion board, check if anyone has asked it
already and received a reply
3. Stay on topic
4. Don't type in ALL CAPS
5. Don't write anything that sounds angry or sarcastic even as a joke, because
without hearing your tone of voice, your peers might not realize you're joking
• You will work in small groups (3-4 people)
• Find out each others’ names and some similarities and
differences you have
• Prepare a short group presentation (max 3 min per
group) to introduce yourselves
1. What do you think the module is about?
2. What value can it bring to you and why you
might need this module?
3. What do you expect to learn in this module?
Module Learning Outcomes
By the end of the module the successful student will be able to:
1. Identify personal aptitudes, skills and their application in shaping professional
2. Articulate and develop strategies for effective communication;
3. Produce a piece of written work (e.g. CV, job application email, etc) relevant to
4. Structure and present personal ideas both in groups and individually in any format
(i.e. via reflection logs, oral presentations, job interview simulations, etc.).
● CW1, Group Presentation - 50%
○ LOs 1, 4
● CW2, Professional Portfolio - 50%
○ LOs 2, 3
CW1 Task: Group presentation
1) Form a group of 2-3 people based on the job interest.
2) Explore careers, using different sources that provide career
information. You may also refer to the following sources, but do not
limit yourself only to them:
● Occupational Outlook Handbook, available from:
● Careers Portal, available from: https://careersportal.ie/index.php
● CollegeGrad, available from: https://collegegrad.com/
● UzJobs, available from: https://uzjobs.uz/e/index.html
● Headhunter, available from: https://tashkent.hh.uz/
CW1 Task: Group Presentation
3) Choose one job related to the majors offered by the University (eg. Business
analysist, economist, marketing specialist, lawyer etc.) or a job that matches
your educational background. Make sure you understand the following:
● What are the job responsibilities?
● What education and/or training is required to perform the job
● Is the job demanded in the job market currently? What is the level of
● Is the occupation projected to grow, decline, or remain unchanged? Why?
● How much does this occupation pay? What do the top 10 percent earn?
The bottom 10 percent?
CW1: Group Presentation
4) Find companies/organizations, which have a
vacancy for this job (can be local and/or international),
and carefully examine job duties and requirements.
You may also find someone with a job in the job you are
interested in, and interview him or her to find out:
● what the person likes and dislikes about the job;
● what advice the person would give to someone
interested in a career in this field.
CW1: Group Presentation
Using all this information, prepare a 14-21-minute presentation,
which outlines the following points:
1) Results of your exploration into occupation, job market and
2) A summary of qualifications, skills and abilities, as well as
personal qualities and interests an individual needs to fit this
3) Possible ways in which students can develop/enhance
those skills and aptitudes (e.g. courses (short and long-term),
volunteering activities, internships, etc.) with possible time
frames to meet the job requirements..
CW1: Group Presentation
A shared mark
• Ppt slides
1) Read Coursework 1 description and assessment criteria
carefully. Come to the next seminar with some questions
related to it.
2) Watch an authentic video of the last Academic Year
Prepare any questions/comments related to the video.
Apparemment, vous utilisez un bloqueur de publicités qui est en cours d'exécution. En ajoutant SlideShare à la liste blanche de votre bloqueur de publicités, vous soutenez notre communauté de créateurs de contenu.
Vous détestez les publicités?
Nous avons mis à jour notre politique de confidentialité.
Nous avons mis à jour notre politique de confidentialité pour nous conformer à l'évolution des réglementations mondiales en matière de confidentialité et pour vous informer de la manière dont nous utilisons vos données de façon limitée.
Vous pouvez consulter les détails ci-dessous. En cliquant sur Accepter, vous acceptez la politique de confidentialité mise à jour.