1. Michelle Waddell
10534 SW Tualatin Drive
Tigard, OR 97224
Financial Planning and Analysis
Versatile finance professional with over 15 years of progressive responsibility in planning, directing, and
measuring financial and operational results. Demonstrated experience in financial reporting, process
improvement and standardization, financial modeling, and financial analysis. Proven track record in
bringing together cross-functional teams to improve processes and reporting.
Strategic and Functional Planning Acquisition Integration
Budgeting and Forecasting Key Performance Indicator
Financial and Operational Analysis Management
Board and Shareholder Accounting and Financial Reporting,
Communication domestic and international
MRP and ERP Implementation Process Improvement
Analytical and Problem Solving Internal Audit & Controls
Expertise Risk Management
Mergers & Acquisitions Quality and Compliance
RS Medical, Vancouver, WA 2009-2010
Privately held provider of physician-prescribed home electrotherapy devices. Recruited as consultant to
develop processes and procedures for distribution business unit. Developed team to assess Microsoft
Dynamics Navision software procedures for improvement.
• Researched and developed procedures for sale of distribution product through accounting
• Evaluated and developed standardized processes for improvement of inventory costing and
accurate inventory reporting through the general ledger module; including development of costing
processes and procedures in inventory and purchasing modules.
CompView Medical, LLC, Beaverton, OR <> 2006-2009
Privately held Medical Device manufacturer, specializing in the design and integration of audio-visual
systems in the medical environment. Recruited as CFO/Controller, additionally taking on Quality,
Compliance and Operations.
CFO/Controller, Quality and Compliance, 2007-2009
• Implemented the accounting, budgeting, strategic planning, analysis, forecasting and reporting
processes ensuring quick turnaround of distributor forecasting, management and board reporting.
• Analyzed inventory levels, distributor contracts and tax regulations to reduce tax liability by 34%.
• Designed Quality Management System to ensure compliance with Federal Drug and
Administration’s Good Manufacturing Processes (GMP) and International Standard Organization
(ISO) 13485:2003; gained approved supplier status by largest distributor on first attempt.
Management Consultant, 2006-2007
• Analyzed operational and financial processes for inefficiencies and improvements. Developed
and presented report of activities and findings specifically identifying areas for process
standardization and improvement.
Clarity Visual Systems, Inc., Wilsonville, OR <> 2000-2006
Privately-held manufacturer of command and control digital displays and digital signage hardware and
software systems for wide-ranging applications. Recruited as Senior Financial Analyst advancing to
Director and then taking on responsibility for all accounting and strategic planning.
Director of Finance & Accounting / Corporate Controller <> 2003-2006
• Managed improvement in all financial reporting and analysis for revenue growth to $60 MM with
two acquisitions without increase in personnel resources.
Michelle Waddell Page Two
2. Clarity Visual Systems, Inc. continued
• Prepared and presented consolidated reporting to executive team and key managers, including
key metric reporting, variations to plan and historical performance trends.
• Led team responsible for the development of integration processes for French subsidiary and
Cool Sign Software Company improving month end financial consolidation and software revenue
Senior Financial Analyst <> 2000-2003
• Developed daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly financial reports that included financial and core
process reporting and benchmarking used for evaluating company success.
• Presented monthly operations review to management to facilitate cross-functional discussion of
key metrics and performance.
• Led annual budgeting and forecasting process, including development of full financial models
including P&L, balance sheets and cash flows.
• Developed and implemented strategic planning process including development of vision, mission
and critical success factors as well as company-wide functional planning and departmental key
Data Projections, Inc., Houston, TX <> 1997-2000
Family owned $30 MM audio visual design, engineering, programming, contract services, consultation,
and installation company. Recruited as member of management team to assist in development of
planning, budgeting and analysis to improve and expand operations.
Senior Financial Analyst/ Systems Integrations Manager
• Implemented and maintained all financial analysis, reporting, budgeting and forecasting activities.
Managed all aspects of information systems, systems integration and customer service.
• Led analysis team to review and develop all business processes related to implementation of
Great Plains Dynamics C/S+ business management software.
In Focus Services, dba Genigraphics, Memphis, TN <> 1994-1997
Subsidiary company to In Focus Systems, Inc. providing visual display solutions in the form of slides and
overheads. New position at subsidiary, managing reporting and analysis for corporate.
Financial Analyst/ Accounts Receivables Manager
• Developed and managed all budgeting, accounting and financial analysis processes and
• Evaluated, purchased, installed and managed accounting software, researched software for
functionality, evaluated and converted historical data, and developed processes and procedures
to train all employees on invoicing and accounts receivable functions.
Tennessee Valley Authority, Memphis, TN. <> 1991-1994
Nation’s largest provider of Public power. Member of corporate staff for Western Region, responsible for
assisting in the management of 18 power distributors, member of executive team in development of
company-wide business planning processes.
Economist, Customer Service West
• Developed and maintained financial models used in the analysis and forecasting of power
distributor financials requesting loans and/or electric rate increases.
B.B.A. Economics, University of Memphis.
Controllers Job in Today’s Environment, American Management Association.
Advanced Strategies for Controllers, American Management Association.
Essentials of General Management for Emerging High Technology Leaders, Oregon Graduate
ISO 9001:2000 Internal Auditor. British Standards Institute.