2. FINAL YEAR B.TECH PROJECT
IMS ENGINEERING COLLEGE
ELECTRONICS AND COMMUNICATION
RAJAT MISHRA 1614331071
PINTOO NISHAD 1614331057
SATYAM SHIVANSH 1614331083
RAJAT AGARWAL 1614331070
RAJ BARTHWAL 1614331068
UNDER THE GUIDENCE OF
Dr. RPS CHAUHAN
(HOD OF ECE, IMSEC)
3. Why Military Robots?
• JobofSoldier is no walk in the PARK
• Difficult Tasks
– Walking through minefields
– deactivating unexploded bombs
– clearing out hostilebuildings
• Robotstodo these jobs instead of humans
• Tooperate in arelatively unstructured,natural
• Replacinghuman in dangerous,dirty, or dull missions
• Bearcostto build the robot insteadof losing ahuman life
4. Thebasic idea is to program the robot torespond acertain way to outside
stimuli.By using Cameras to seethe world around them. Camerasgive the robot
perception, and image-recognition software gives it the ability to locate, classify
variousobjects and target suspicious objects. The live video feed captured from
the robot's camera is transmitted to the control station with the help of video
transmitter and receiver, The movements of the robot is controlled by signals send
and received via Zigbee Xbee Trans-Receiver from the controller at control
device. It is also fitted with a GPS system which continiously send its location to
the control device, we can also send the co-ordinates of a suspicious object by
calculating the object co-ordinates from the robot with short range radar. The robot
is also equipped with a Machine Gun fitted with camera with which it can shoot
objects targetted by camera.
• Arduino UNO & Arduino MEGA
• Zigbee Xbee S2C
• Video Transmitter and AV Receiver (RC 305)
• BTS7960 Motor Driver & VNH2SP30 Dual Monster Moto Shield
• DC Motor & Servo Motor( SG90 & S3003)
• Ultrasonic Sensor
• Joystick ( Controller)
• GPS Module
• Resistors & Capacitors
• Transistors & Diodes
• PCB and Breadboards
• Cables and Connectors
• Processing 3.1 Software( Image Processing)
• Power Supply
13. BLOCK DIAGRAM OF CONTROL SYSTEM
AV TO USB
XBEE RF MODULE
• RECONNAISSANCE- Otherwise called Scouting, is the military term for playing out a
fundamental overview, particularly an exploratory military study, to pick up or gather
• BOMB DISPOSAL- Used in defusing and deactivating Explosives as a result of which an
added feature a robotic arm can be added.
• SEARCH AND RESCUE-In times of Natural calamities or man based disasters, it proves to
be a reliable machine to locate people or objects with ease where it renders human effort
• BORDER PATROL AND SURVEILLANCE- In times of military warfare or border
encroachment, it is used to monitor alien force entering into the territory.
• ACTIVE COMBAT SITUATIONS- Widely used on the battlefield, UGVs equipped with
Explosives, Weaponry and shields have proven to be handy expendables assets without
the cost of human life
• STEALTH COMBAT OPERATIONS- Spying purpose without coming into the radar of the
enemy is effective in war strategies.
• To undertake dangerous missions while replacing humans to save their life. It is better to
bear the cost to build a robot instead of losing a life.
• Ultrasonic sensors used on board for obstacle avoidance are extremely directional; it has a
limited scanning distance; sometimes the readings can be inaccurate.
• Batteries used in the robot are not high capacity batteries. These batteries can power up the
system only for a particular duration defined by their current capacities, elapsing which the
batteries would drain out leaving the system powerless.
• It is required for the system to have high data rates of internet services for the transmission
of the robot location and live video feed to the base station. Failure in providing such high
data rates would lead to inefficient processing and thus an unreliable system.
• The Microwave Radar Sensor used onboard has high sensitivity and hence it can detect non-
living objects, animals and fast-moving objects.
• The Algorithm used for targeting cannot distinguish between an enemy and innocent
• The robot can be controlled under 2km area wirelessly without internet.
• The sensors used in the robot are for detection in a short range of 20m to 50m.
Successfully built a stand-alone UGV capable of both autonomous
and manual control modes.
Two rotating one for the live feed and another for targeting enemies
with human controls.
Successfully implemented features include motion tracking, gesture
control weapon mechanism.
The incorporation of various technologies used in this project helped
us in achieving goals which has not be done in the past.
These technologies bring about a self relying robot to tackle
situations on its own in areas where previously human lives may have
17. FUTURE ENHANCEMENTS
Additional sensors and mechanism can be added to enhance the
capabilities of the robot such as Robotic arm, Gas Sensors, Thermal
Imaging, Passive infrared sensors.
More technical advance camera can be used with other image
processing algorithms to accomplish much more reliable motion
tracking, Mapping and targeting.
High end technologies and weapons can be used to further enhance
the present functionality and fire power of the robot.
By using secure satellite links for communication can further increase
the security of the robot operations.