• Bitbucket is a web-based version control repository hosting service owned by Atlassian, for source code and
development projects that use either Mercurial or Git revision control systems. Bitbucket offers both
commercial plans and free accounts.
Bitbucket is mostly used for code and code review. Bitbucket supports the following features:
• Pull requests with code review and comments
• Bitbucket Pipelines, a continous delivery service
• 2 step verification and required two step verification.
• Merge Checks
• Code search (Alpha)]
• Git Large File Storage (LFS)
• Documentation, including automatically rendered README files in a variety of Markdown-like file formats
• Issue tracking
• Static sites hosted on Bitbucket Cloud: Static websites have the bitbucket.io domain in their URL
• Add-ons and integrations.
SET UP SSH FOR GIT ON LINUX
Generate your Public key using ssh-
keygen command and set your
Copy the public key from your system
and paste it to your bitbucket account
under ssh key section.
Add the key and now try to clone a
repository using the mentioned
CLONING REPOSITORY AND PUSH OPERATION
git branch list all the branch
git clone [ repository URL ] Clone an existing repository
git add . Puts current working files into the stage
git commit –m “comment” Commits staged changes to a local branch
git push origin master Uploads changes from all local branches to the respective
git checkout [branch name] - Switch to specified branch
git pull origin [branch name] - fetch the latest changes to the working directory
git checkout –b [branch name] - create a new branch and switched to that
git status - shows the status of operation
git add [./folder/file] - It will add the files to staging
git push origin [branch name] - It will push the changes to the remote repository
git reset HEAD [file] - to unstage or undoing
git merge -It will merge the changes from other branch to current branch
git log -It will show the logs with commit code
git revert [commit code] - It will undo the changes
git stash - It saves your local modifications away and reverts the working
directory to match the HEAD commit.
git branch –D branch_name - for deleting a branch
Webhooks allow you to
build or set up integrations,
such as GitHub Apps or
OAuth Apps, which
subscribe to certain events
Webhooks can be used to
update an external issue
tracker, trigger CI builds,
update a backup mirror, or
even deploy to your
• What is GIT?
• What is a repository in GIT?
• What is the command you can use to write a commit message?
• What is the difference between GIT and SVN?
• What are the advantages of using GIT?
• What language is used in GIT?
• What is the function of 'GIT PUSH' in GIT?
• What is “Staging Area” or “Index” in GIT?
• What is GIT stash?
• What is the function of git clone?
• What is the function of ‘git config’?
• What is the purpose of branching in GIT?
• How can you bring a new feature in the main branch?
• To delete a branch what is the command that is used?
• What is the function of ‘git diff ’ in git?
• What is the function of ‘git checkout’ in git?
• What is the function of ‘git rm’?
• What is the function of ‘git stash apply’?
• What is the use of ‘git log’?
• What is ‘git add’ is used for?
• What is the function of ‘git reset’?