2. Zara has alt branches as;
Shoes & Bags
3. * http://bestglobalbrands.com/2014/ranking/
1975 – Zara opens its first store in Spain
1988 – Opens in Portugal, first time
producing for a international market
1989-1990 – New York & Paris open
1991- 1997 – Zara stores open in 7 regions,
including, Mexico, Greece, Belgium,
Sweden, Malta, Cyprus and Norway.
1998 – Zara starts targeting the Teen
2001 – Inditex goes public valued $8
2011 – Zara enters Australian Market.
Customer Profile: Main Target Group
Up-to-date with fashion industry, in a desire of be fashinable,
trendy and unique outfits of affordabe prices.
4. - Founder Ortega started to change the process as he called ‘’instant
- Company use IT and groups of designers instead of individuals.
- Company has continuous and fast distribution process called ‘’Just in
Time’’ which integrated the delivering of the apparel for its stores, the
returning of leftovers to its manufacturing center and the picking up
of supplies for the production into one circular route.
- Depending on countries regulations, zara has flexible models as their
own stores, franchises and joint ventures.
- Company owned factories are in Spain and Portugal, but long shelf
life products outsourced by low-cost suppliers, mainly Asia and Turkey
Employment of São Paulo, Brazil, closed a factory that produced Zara's clothing
for its poor labour conditions.
5. Simple changes for the band logo
Just 4 letter; catchy, easy to remember
• Transferable all around the world
• Advertisements, catalogues, look books are mostly published in brand’s black-white logo
• www url has been there for 15 years now, Company is also using social media channels to reach
and keep updated with consumers
• Worldwide reputation, worldwide models and worldwide role models
Product: Design, colours, label
Price: Affordable prices, good quality
Promotion: Brands, web, events
Place: Location, store identity, showcase