1. Md. Ashikur Rahman 14102383
2. Md. Shahadat Hossain 13102357
3. Rimi Shaha 14102166
4. Afruja Akter Asha 14102331
5. Anjuman Bushra Prome 15102034
“Caring for you from the
beginning, to the very end!”
1886- 3 brothers founded Johnson & Johnson in Brunswick, New Jersey.
1888- Pioneered the first commercial First Aid Kit.
1894- Launches first maternity kit to make child birth safer
1898- First to mass produce dental floss.
1921- An employee invents the first BAND-AID
1937- Began international expansion with companies in Argentina & Brazil
1954- Baby shampoo enter the market
1978- The Company begins construction on their new World Headquarters in New
1990’s- Ethicon Endo-Surgery pioneers minimally invasive surgery.
2002- Johnson & Johnson acquires Tibotec-Virco BVBA
2006- Johnson & Johnson acquires Pfizer Consumer Healthcare
2009- Acquisition of Mentor Corporation
To continue on the path set forth by the founders of Johnson's
Enterprises, by committing ourselves to our clients and employees and
also contributing to the community.
To provide our clients with the best possible service and product, which meet
our demands on quality and safety regulations, by assuring that our
employees have all the necessary tools, training and expertise to accomplish
their given tasks?
To provide the high quality services and products in cure disease.
To improve the quality of life.
To be the leaders in the customer satisfaction.
To motivating peoples for using or attracting their product.
Worldwide sales for the full-year 2016 were $71.9 billion, an increase of 2.6%
Operational results increased 3.9% and the negative impact of currency was
Domestic sales increased 6.0%. International sales decreased 0.9%, reflecting
operational growth of 1.8% and a negative currency impact of 2.7%.
The additional shipping days in 2015 negatively impacted the current year by
130 basis points.
worldwide sales increased 7.4%, domestic sales increased 8.9% and
international sales increased 5.7%.
•A Substantial Marketing Arsenal
•Positive Revenue Growth Projections
•Significant sales and marketing capability.
•Forecast growth despite challenges.
•Dependence upon the Success of Launch Products
•Reliance on Small Molecule Drugs
•Theft and countering drugs from internal staff as much
as this is not isolated.
•Key product demand is shrinking.
•Wide Range of Potential Cross-selling Opportunities
•Potential to Exploit Biologics Market
•Economic recovery will be a boost in income thus
company revenue will increase.
•R & D investment will add to the potential growth rate of
the company in surrounding markets.
•Dependence on the Success of Launch Products
•Negative Impact of Recent Product Recalls
•Better research and development of competitors
•Low market growth rate.
Internal Factors Evaluation (IFE)
Key Internal Factors Weight Rating Weighted
1. Diverse business offering 0.09 3 0.27
2. Forecast growth despite challenges. 0.08 3 0.24
3. Significant sales and marketing capability. 0.1 3 0.3
4. Robust financial position. 0.1 4 0.4
5. They gave strong global prescience operating in more than 57 countries with 250
0.08 4 0.32
6. They have successfully employed strategies to differentiation that helps it distinguish its
0.08 4 0.32
1. Generic drug’s exposure. 0.08 2 0.16
2. Private label exposure. 0.08 2 0.16
3. Quality issues in OTC products affecting consumer healthcare product. 0.07 2 0.14
4. Key product demand is shrinking. 0.07 1 0.07
5. Theft and countering drugs from internal staff as much as this is not isolated. 0.09 2 0.18
6. Pressure to reduce prices in accordance with medical budgets and maintain patent
expirations to help generic programs.
0.08 2 0.16
Total 1.00 2.72
External Factor Evaluation (EFE) Matrix:
Key External Factors Weight Rating Weighted
1. Acquisition of Synthesis could chance J & J failure of prospective products to deliver leadership
position in global orthopedics market.
0.07 2 0.14
2. Leveraging therapeutic coverage of non-prescription pharmaceutical segments could provide cross
0.09 2 0.18
3. Addition of Crucell to broden J & J position in biologics and vaccines market. 0.11 3 0.33
4. R & D investment will add to the potential growth rate of the company in surrounding markets. 0.07 2 0.14
5. Economic recovery will be a boost in income thus company revenue will increase. 0.10 3 0.3
6. Global Expansion 0.06 4 0.24
1. Negative impact of recent product recalls 0.09 3 0.27
2. Healthcare regulations 0.09 2 0.18
3. Better research and development of competitors 0.08 2 0.16
4. Low market growth rate. 0.06 2 0.12
5. Strong competition from generic market. 0.10 3 0.3
6. Launch success in that newly launch products are uncertain because of regulatory review, thus making
the launch a potential threat if it fails.
0.08 3 0.24
Total 1.00 2.60
•S1, O1: JNJ Should aim to be an industry
leader in all its diverse business offerings.
•S2, O2: With the addition of new products
in various departments, JNJ could potentially
still predict growth in challenging times.
•W1, O1: Although there is a wide variety of generic
drugs, JNJ should use this as an opportunity to highlight
the value and quality of their products and increase
R&D in specific segments to increase market share in
•W2, O2: OTC sales should be used as a prime
opportunity to highlight the value and worth of JNJ`s
•S1, T1: JNJ`s diversity should not be a means
for its products to be valued as "average", its
diversified range should be known for the high
•S2, T2: The prediction of increased sales in
challenging times should be a testament to JNJ`s
value and quality of products.
•W1, T1: Product recalls can seriously hinder
the perceived value and quality of JNJ.
•W2, T2: Healthcare regulations along with
challenging economic times can prove costly to
JNJ as a whole.
Advantages of Alternative Strategy 1:
Addition of new products in various departments
Disadvantages of Alternative Strategy 1:
Advantages of Alternative Strategy 2:
increasing market share
Disadvantages of Alternative Strategy 2:
Maintain rules and regulation
J&J should take alternative strategy 1 and 2.If they take this
strategy than they can merge With the addition of new
products in various departments, J&J could potentially still
predict growth in challenging times. And if they take alternative
2 than increase R&D in specific segments to increase market
share in surrounding markets.OTC sales should be used as a
prime opportunity to highlight the value and worth of J&J`s
Evaluation & Control:
Area of objective Short Term Responsibility
1. Image Well-recognized in their pharmaceuticals division and process from there. Marketing
2. Customer relation Customer should feel they have more of an influence and say over the
J&J products and expectation.
3. Increase OTC sales Will help boost sales Sales
Learning & growth
1. System maintenance upgrades Important to maintain and continuously be running the latest and up to
2.Training & development Train new employees and update experienced workers. Managers
3. Funding allocation Important to wisely select division which need more funding than others. Managers
1. Controlling and managing
Should be controlled and well organized for distribution Managers/Employees
2. Procurement of materials Manager should make sure they are getting materials and equipment for
best possible cost.
3. Distribution of materials Delivery time-frame should be met within specified days. Management
1.Decrease R&D expense Decrease R&D expense as a whole but fund certain division more than
others for the time being.
2. Increase net sales Conservative approach, yet avoid defensive strategy Management/Sales Department
•Additional product recalls/ lawsuits.
•Another economic downturn.
•Competitor’s gaining market share.
•Federal regulations that affect potential new products and existing processes.
•Litigation from people being hurt through defective products.
•International regulations that limit foreign expansion.
The “Johnson & Johnson” company is so omnipresent in the market that
without it even the world of the baby products and health care product
sounds incomplete. They believe their first responsibility is to the doctors,
nurses and patients, to mothers and fathers and all others who use
Johnson and Johnson products and services. In meeting their needs
everything they do are in high quality. When we talk about baby products
Johnson and Johnson products is what comes first in our mind. Everything
related to the brand, be its advertisements, products, after sale services are
all example of perfect excellence.
Apparemment, vous utilisez un bloqueur de publicités qui est en cours d'exécution. En ajoutant SlideShare à la liste blanche de votre bloqueur de publicités, vous soutenez notre communauté de créateurs de contenu.
Vous détestez les publicités?
Nous avons mis à jour notre politique de confidentialité.
Nous avons mis à jour notre politique de confidentialité pour nous conformer à l'évolution des réglementations mondiales en matière de confidentialité et pour vous informer de la manière dont nous utilisons vos données de façon limitée.
Vous pouvez consulter les détails ci-dessous. En cliquant sur Accepter, vous acceptez la politique de confidentialité mise à jour.