1. 1. Which policyofthe state provides preferential attention to the welfare of the less fortunate members of the Philippines society?
A. Social justice C. Distributive justice
B. Criminal justice D. Bill of rights
2. Whatis the possible consequence of meritocracy in a social system?
A. Rule by the wealthyandpowerful.
B. Leadership by people oftalent.
C. Culture of elitism.
D. Rule by those with noble birth.
3. Which constitutional safeguard prevents one branch of governmentfrom becoming powerful or abusive?
A. Impeachment C. Check and Balance
B. Ombudsman D. Laissez Faire
4. Whatis the predominant characteristic ofeastern religion?
A. Optimism C. Mysticism
B. Secularism D. Pessimism
5. Whateconomic policyin 16th
centuryin Europe influenced Spain’s expansionist policy todiscover new lands?
A. Spice-trading C. Mercantilism
B. Capitalism D. Colonialism
6. The righ invoked in the“writof habeas data”is ________________________.
A. The rightto information privacy.
B. Right to gather informationdata.
C. The right tosearchforinformation.
D. Right to transmit data.
7. Whose philosphy advocate the use of reason in understandingthe existence ofGod?
A. St. Benedict C. St. John
B. St. Peter D. St. Thomas Aquinas
8. Which is a check on the executive department by the judiciaryin the principle check and balance amongbranches of thegovernment?
A. Impeachment of the Chiefof Justiceof the Supreme Court.
B. Determiningthesalary ofthe PresidenandVice-President.
C. Declaringa legislative measure unconsitutional.
D. Declaringan actof the Presidentunconstitutional.
9. Which is the fundamental law of the land?
A. Bill of Rights C. Civil Criminal Code
B. Constitution D. Ten Commandments
10. Gregoria de Jesus saw her husband ________charge for treason byfellowFilipinos whohave formed the Philippine Revolutionary force
to fight Spain.
A. Marcelo H. Del Pilar C. Andres Bonifacio
B. Emilio Aguinaldo D. Jose Rizal
11. What did Nelson Mandela mean to South African and the rest ofthw world? He gave up armed struggle and chosethe peaceful wayto
Nelson Mandela is a world leader who is a model of _________________.
A. Black supremacy C. Non-violence
B. Armedstruggle D. Imprisonment
12. Which band played the MarchaNacional Filipinoof the national anthem on June12,
1898 duringthe declaration of Philippine Independence?
2. A. Pangkat Kawayan ngPateros C. Malabon Band
B. Kawit Cavite Band D. San Franciscodel Monte Band
13. Agencytaskedto nurture Philippine Arts
A. NBI C. NCAA
B. CCP D. NCCA
14. The ultimate objective of the comprehensive Agrarian Reform is:
A. Abolish share tenancyin favorof lease tenancy.
B. Distribute all arable lands tothe landless.
C. Establish once cultivatedland.
D. Ensure the cultivationof anidle lands.
15. Which was the first labour union in the countryfounded by Isabelop de los Reyes on July 1901?
A. Association ofthe Philippine Labor
B. Union ObreraDemocratica
C. Union Trabajadores de Filipinos
D. Association de Compania Tabacalera
16. Through the Galleon Trade (1565-1815), the Philippines hadextended contacts with ________.
A. Spain C. China
B. Spice Island D. Mexico
17. How manydays are neededafter which an enrolled bill becomes a law?
A. 75 days C. 60 days
B. 90 days D. 30 days
18. What law passed on August 1909 by the U.S. Congress established a partial free trade in the Philippines?
A. Bell Trace C. Treatyon General Relations
B. Payne-Aldrich Act D. Underwood-Simmons Act
19. In a martriarchal familywhich family memberplays the leadingrole?
A. Grandmother C. Oldest sister
B. Mother D. Aunt
20. Who was the Spanish mestizo priest who first led the native secular clergy in the Secularization Movement in 1861?
A. Father Jacinto Zamora C. Father Pedro Pelaez
B. Father Gregorio Aglipay D. Father Jose Burgos
21. What was the term given by Marcelo H.De Pilar tohidden control and domination by Spanish religious priests over thecolonial
A. Pase region C. Complace
B. Las suerte partidas D. Frailocracia
22. While authorityshould be respected, its opinion maybe an error.Which of the following represents a better/more certain avenuato the
A. Replication (repeat and check) C. Overgeneralization
B. Selective observation D. Fallacious reasoning
23. Whois known as the “Fatherof the Local GovernmentCode”?
A. Joey Lina C. Jovito Salonga
B. Joseph Estrada D. AquilinoPimental
24. Whowas the first editor ofLa Solidaridad, and an orator ofthe Reform Movement?
A. Juan Luna C. Jose Rizal
B. GracianoLopez Jaena D. Marcelo H. Del Pilar
25. The Philippines is theonly ___________countryin the world.
3. A. Communist C. Christian
B. Buddhist D. Muslim
26. In social trends, how do you call those who are forthe revival of the classics?
A. Existentialists C. Humanist
B. Rationalists D. Reformists
27. What happens to a good action when itis perform on account ofan evil motive?
A. It becomes good C. It becomes morallygood
B. It becomes evil D. It becomes an amoral act
28. The tax required to be paid annually byall adult citizens of the Philippines is the ______________.
A. Communitytax C. real estate tax
B. Income tax D. Inheritance tax
29. The fundamental rightinvoked by fillingthe “writof amparo”is ________________.
A. The right to due process
B. The right toself-defense
C. The right tobe defendedby a public attorney
D. The rightto life,libertyand security
30. What is oneof the man-made wonders of the Philippines?
A. Rice terraces C. Manila Bay
B. Mount Makiling D. Taal Volcano
31. As a Social Science teacher which should Teacher Nora avoid?
A. Abreast with all the other issues C. Facilitator oflearning
B. Appreciative ofchange D. As a sage on the stage
32. Governor General NarcisoClaveria was responsible for the ________________.
A. Abolition of the GalleonTrade
B. Establishment of the TobaccoMonopoly
C. Use of Spanish surname by Filipinos
D. Establishment ofthe Galleon Trade
33. Whose philosophy gives prominence to faith in understanding the existence of God?
A. St. Benedict C. St. Augustine
B. St. Peter D. St. John
34. Whoamong the followingFilipino statesmen was the most vocal to speak against the country’s foreign policy ofclose association with
A. ClaroM. Recto C. Cayetano Arellano
B. Manuel Luis Quezon D. Jose P. Laurel
35. Of the seven continents comprising continues land mass surrounded by big bodies of water,the biggest (30.1percent ofthe earth) is
A. Asia C. Europe
B. Australia D. Northern America
36. Civilization is where large ideas and tools, as well as human settlements flourished. Where do historians saycivilization had firstbeen
A. China C. Egypt
B. Middle East D. Jordan
37. Which is the largest countryin Asia?
A. China C. Japan
B. Philippines D. Thailand
4. 38. What was the power tosetaside certain by the Kingdom of Spain to the Governor-General of the Philippines?
A. Veto power C. ConditionedPower
B. Condign Power D. Compensatorypower
39. What best describes the form ofgovernmentof England with its parliament, a prime minister,and a queen (orking)?
A. Constitutional monarchy C. Ethnocracy
B. Anarchism D. Demarchy
40. Whowas therevolutionaryleader whorefused tosurrenderto theAmericans even after General Malvar’s surrender, and declared himself
President and Commander-in-Chief of the Supreme Government of the Tagalog Archipelago?
A. Julian Montalan C. Licerio Geronimo
B. Macario Sakay D. Artemio Ricarte
41. Which religious missionaries first arrived in the Philippines?
A. Dominicans C. Jesults
B. Franciscan D. Augustinians
42. Whowere the aboriginal settlers in the islands, prior to succeeding migrants who crossed the seas from the Southern Philippi nes?
A. Sumatians C. Borneans
B. Malayans D. Negritos
43. What religious institution is the only living remnant of the Philippine Revolution of 1896 today?
A. Philippines Independent Church
B. Roman Catholic Church
C. Unitarian Church of the Philippines
D. United Church of the Philippines
43. Which best describes the division of the le gislature into the Senate and the House of Representatives?
A. Bicameralism C. Unicameralism
B. Bipartisanship D. Co-legislative powers
45. Who was the last Spanish Governal-General of the Philippines?
A. Ramon Blanco C. Basilio Agustin
B. Diego de los Rios D. Fermin Jaudenes
46. Which demonstrates interconnectedness between social and environmental injustice?
A. Industrialized countries’ toxic disposed to poorer countries.
B. Temperature warming and rise of sea level.
C. Desertification of verdant regions.
D. Extinction of rare animal species.
47. Participation in governance,including the right tovote and seek public office is secured within the citizenry’s ___________ _____.
A. Political rights C. Socio-civic rights
B. Right of suffrage D. Right to due process
48. Participation in governance,including the right tovote and seek public office is secured within the citizenry’s ___________________.
A. Right to due process C. political rights
B. Socio-civic rights D. right of suffrage
49. Tax imposed on all employed and practicing professionals
A. Income tax C. Community tax
B. Reas estate tax D. Inheritancetax