2. Define Of Computer:
Computer is a machine or device that performs:
• Operations (based on instructions provided by a
software or hardware program).
• Ability to accept:
• Data (input), process it,
• And then produce outputs.
3. Discovery & Function
Discovery of Computer:
• Computer is derived from Latin word.
• Computer means “To Calculate”.
• Discovered by “Charles Babbage” in 19th century.
Functions of Computer:
• Taking data, processing data,
• Returning data and storing data.
4. Importance of Computer
• Computer are a great source of :
• Information for the modern world.
• They help people
• Save time
• Make money with the help of computer.
5. Define Data
• Data is a raw and unorganized fact that required to
be processed to make it meaningful.
• Data can be simple at the same time unorganized
unless it is organized.
• Generally, data comprises facts, observations,
perceptions numbers, characters, symbols, image,
• Data is always interpreted, by a human or machine,
to derive meaning. So, data is meaningless.
7. Numeric Data
• Numeric data simply means numbers.
• Numbers come in a variety of different types....
• Integers an integer is a whole number
• It has no decimal or fractional parts.
• Integers can be either positive or negative.
• Real Numbers Any number that you could place on
a number line is a real number.
• Real numbers include whole numbers (integers) and
numbers with decimal/fractional parts.
• Real numbers can be positive or negative.
• Alphanumeric (text) data: alphanumeric (often
simply called 'text')
• Data refers to data made up of letters (alphabet) and
• Usually symbols (5%+, etc.) And spaces are also