4. • Rotaract club is sponsored by a Rotary Club for the youth aged
between 18 – 30.
• Rotaract is either Community or Campus Based.
• Rotaract Club’s are a part to bring Peace and International
understanding to the world through the framework of
Professionalism, Leadership, Friendship & Service.
• Year Bound Club.
• International & Professional Club.
• Individual Development & Leadership Club.
• Self-Sustained & Self-Funded Club.
• Community Service & Social Club.
5. Benefits of Rotaract
• Leadership Development
• Global Citizenship
• Professional Network
• Career Advancement/Professional Growth
• The Opportunity to Serve
• Ethical Living
• Participation in National and International Conferences
• Youth Exchange Programme
• Continuing Education
6. Origin of Rotary in Action
Paul P Harris
Hiram E. Shorey
The Rotaract Club of North Charlotte
at North Carolina, USA
10,904 – Clubs
250, 792 – Rotaractors
7. First Six Chartered Clubs of INDIA
• Rotaract Club of Secundrabad – 2nd April, 1968.
• Rotaract Club of Tanjore – 16th May, 1968.
• Rotaract Club of Patna – 20th May, 1968.
• Rotaract Club of Bijnor – 3rd June, 1968.
• Rotaract Club of Ambernath - 6th August, 1968.
• Rotaract Club of Hydrabad – 3rd September, 1968.
9. Rotaract Club organizes a variety of Activities & Project’s,
Primarily depending on member’s interest.
Projects & Activities are done based on the 4 Avenues of service:
Professional Development Service
10. Events Under Club Service Avenue
• Charter day Celebration
• Birthday Celebration of Members
• Club picnic / Outing
• Club game Activities
• Joint Club Meeting
• Club Movie Fellowship
11. Events under Professional Development Service
• Seminars on Career Development.
• Industrial Visit.
• Conducting Mock Interview / Placement Trainings.
• Participating or Organising RYLA.
• Conducting Workshop’s (on Dance, Self Defence etc.) at
12. Events Under International Service Avenue
• Twin Club Agreement
• Joint Club Bulletin
• Attending Multi District Events – MDIO Events (Eg.
RSAMDIO, SEARIC MDIO), Rotasia, Interota, RYLA etc.
• Youth Exchange Program – I.D.Y.E, I.C.Y.E, Etc.
25. Rotaract Club has 11 Body Council
( It can Vary based on clubs)
Vice – President
Sgt. at Arms
Chairman / Director - Club Service
Chairman / Director – Professional
Chairman / Director – International
Chairman / Director – Community
26. Duties & Responsibilities
• Conducting Club Installation.
• Sending onetime Monthly Report.
• Ontime Payment of District Due’s.
• Attending President & Secretary Training.
• Attending District Event’s.
• Conducting General Body & Board member’s meeting.
• Attend Rotary Meeting’s
• Implementing Project’s & Club activities.
• Preparing Scrap Book & Conducting DRR Official Visit
• RI Membership update & Select or Elect President for next
27. How to Create an Event ?
It should pass the 4 way test.
Should be presented and passed in a Club Meeting.
The project should have its on committee under the
leadership of an Event Chairman and an Event Secretary.
The project should an Invite Poster and must invite all
A Budget and project plan should be presented to the
29. District Events
• District Assembly
• District Fellowship
• District Trekking
• District Sports Meet
• District Conference
30. Lets Get Connected
Rtr Shyam Prakash J
Rotaract Club of Cochin East
Rotary International District 3201