SlideShare utilise les cookies pour améliorer les fonctionnalités et les performances, et également pour vous montrer des publicités pertinentes. Si vous continuez à naviguer sur ce site, vous acceptez l’utilisation de cookies. Consultez nos Conditions d’utilisation et notre Politique de confidentialité.
SlideShare utilise les cookies pour améliorer les fonctionnalités et les performances, et également pour vous montrer des publicités pertinentes. Si vous continuez à naviguer sur ce site, vous acceptez l’utilisation de cookies. Consultez notre Politique de confidentialité et nos Conditions d’utilisation pour en savoir plus.
Social media is a new form of mass
media. It is defined as human beings
having conversations and
relationships through the use
of online technology. Promoting a
blog with social media will increase
your reach and audience. Other
•* Low cost
•* Global reach
Originated in 2004 as a social network for
recreational use. It has now been embraced
by B2C businesses trying to boost
engagement through competitions and
interactive discussions. Some stats (2017):
• 1.28 billion daily active users
• 1.94 billion monthly active users
•Approximately 85.8% of daily active users
are outside US and Canada.
How to use it
• Create a Business Page (if required)
• Promote events
• Promote sales, promotions and offers
• Get feedback
• Ask questions
Has been around since 2007, has 271
million monthly active users and is
available in over 35 languages. It’s
defined as a micro-blogging platform
because of its text restriction to up to
140 characters. Some stats (2016):
• 313 million monthly active users
• 82% of Twitter active users are on
• 79% of accounts are outside the U.S.
How to use it
•Create a Twitter profile
•Follow influencers, celebrities and media personalities
•Build up your following by offering/retweeting links to good content
•Broadcast blog links
YouTube is the second largest search engine after Google.
Launched in 2005, it currently boasts over 1 billion unique
users each month. Online videos have moved from
entertainment to education, including “How To” videos. It is
used by mass media agencies to showcase TV adverts - a
one-off, 30-second TV ad does not provide the same viral
Some stats (2017):
• Over 1 billion users
• Hundreds of millions of hours of videos watched every
• Localised in 88 countries, 76 different languages
covering 95% of the world’s internet population
How to use it
• Create a series of videos linked to your blog
• Upload your videos and embed them on your blog
• Use keywords to categorise videos and place a link to your blog
• Spread your videos through other Social Media channels (share button)
Launched in 2003, LinkedIn is the world’s largest
professional network online. It is a great platform for finding people,
recruiting staff and discussing industry topics. Members are sharing
insights and knowledge with status updates and in groups. Some stats
• Over 467 million members in over 200 countries, available in 24
• 67% of LinkedIn members are located outside the U.S.
• Over 40 million students and college graduates
• Over 10 million firms have Company Pages
How to use it:
•Create a company profile – best for B2B (if required)
• Join groups and become involved in discussions
• Connect with employers (if relevant)
• Ask/answer questions or give/ask for recommendations
• Ask for introductions
Fast-growing photo-sharing platforms launched in
2010, with Pinterest prevailing at first and now
being challenged by mobile app Instagram.
Pinterest stats (2017):
• Over 175 million users worldwide
• 50% outside the US
• 80% on mobile
Instagram stats (2017)
• 600 million monthly active users
• 400 million daily active users
How to use Pinterest
• Gather photos, grouped in theme boards. You can link them to a blog.
• Re-pin other users’ photos (the visual equivalent of a retweet)
• Launch a competition and invite users to post their best photos.
How to use Instagram
• Set up an account to share photos. You can edit photos in the app.
• PC extensions will get Instagram on a computer but this is a phone app;
most users share photos from their phones.
• You can build a following by using the photos on your blog. You can have
competitions… This is a channel popular with celebrities.
Pinterest and Instagram
How to monetise your blog
• @bloggerrequired - connects brands & bloggers
• http://www.j-sainsbury.co.uk/media/blogger-community/ (food)
A few communities