2. WHAT IS DESIGN AND WHAT ARE THE DIFFERENT STAGES OF
WHAT IS THE SCOPE OF DESIGN AND ROLE OF A
DESIGNER IN INDUSTRY?
THEORIES ESSENTIAL TO UNDERSTAND DESIGN
PRACTICAL ASPECT OF DESIGN SOFTWARE
3. INTRODUCTION TO THE TERM DESIGN:
THE TERM DESIGN MEANS TO PROVIDE A SUITABLE SOLUTION TO
ONE’S PROBLEM OR YOU CAN SAY IN OTHER WORDS BREAK THE
PROBLEM TO ITS SIMPLEST FORM TO GET ITS SOLUTION.
DESIGN IS THE AREA OF HUMAN EXPERTISE, SKILL AND KNOWLEDGE
WHICH IS ASSOCIATED WITH ONE’S APTITUDE TO MODIFY ONE’S
SURROUNDINGS TO MATCH HIS OR HER NEED.
DESIGNING REAL PRODUCT
4. DESIGN PROCEDURE USED IN
• CAD Computer Aided Designing
• CAA (CAE) Computer Aided Analysis
• CAM Computer Aided manufacturing
There is a new addition of CAE stands for Computer Aided Engineering to improve
the previous one.
CAE includes Analysis of the designed product before its manufacturing.
(Computer Aided Engineering)
PRODUCT lifeCYCLE start
9. LATEST VERSION NX 11
FIRST RELEASED October 1973; 43 years ago
10. Key functions
1. Computer-aided Design (CAD)
• Parametric solid modeling (feature-based and direct modeling)
• Freeform surface modelling, class A surfaces.
• Reverse engineering
• Styling and computer-aided industrial design
• Engineering drawing (Drafting)
• Product and manufacturing information (PMI)
• Reporting and analytics, verification and validation
• Knowledge reuse, including knowledge-based engineering
• Sheet metal design
• Assembly modelling and digital mockup
• Routing for electrical wiring and mechanical piping