SlideShare utilise les cookies pour améliorer les fonctionnalités et les performances, et également pour vous montrer des publicités pertinentes. Si vous continuez à naviguer sur ce site, vous acceptez l’utilisation de cookies. Consultez nos Conditions d’utilisation et notre Politique de confidentialité.
SlideShare utilise les cookies pour améliorer les fonctionnalités et les performances, et également pour vous montrer des publicités pertinentes. Si vous continuez à naviguer sur ce site, vous acceptez l’utilisation de cookies. Consultez notre Politique de confidentialité et nos Conditions d’utilisation pour en savoir plus.
Thank you for this opportunity to introduce ourselves.
As you can see from our full spectrum portfolio.
More than 2 decades of successful service, product innovations and deliveries have allowed us to grow into a 400+ m€ annual revenue 4500+ employees 50+ locations 20 + companies network…
… with a healthy client diversification and revenue split and a history of annual growth in revenue and staff numbers.
2019: 403m€ revenue, 4.500 employees
We like working very closely with our clients. So you’ll always find one of our locations just round the corner.
And if by chance you don’t, we’ll just open up another one.
Splunk @ umlaut
IT operations by
Splunk @ umlaut
26/06/2020umlaut master 2
- Lucke Ramakers
- Team lead – Network & Security
- At umlaut since 2002
- Thomas Kox
- Team member – Network & Security
- Project lead - Splunk implementation
- At umlaut since 2012
topicsStrategy & Innovation
Process Design & Deployment
People, Organizations & Change
Manufacturing & SCM
Services & Operations
Design & Engineering
Testing & Validation
Prototyping & Products
Automotive & Mobility
Aerospace & Defense
Energy & Utilities
Rail & Logistics
Health & Life Science
Crowdsourcing & Cloud
Add fäcts on top.
2+ decades of successful
deliveries and completions
400+ m€ annual revenue
4500+ people from 80+ nations
50+ locations all over the world
Network of 20+ subsidiaries
2017 2018 2019
2017 2018 2019
It all adds üp. And
Aerospace Automotive Telecommunication Energy & Others
We like working very closely with our clients. So you’ll always find one of our locations just round
the corner. And if by chance you don’t, we’ll just open up another one.
6umlaut master 26/06/2020
Why Splunk Cloud?
“Cloud first” Strategy at umlaut
- In 2015 umlaut started shifting first
production workloads to the AWS cloud
- After a detailed risk analysis, design of a
cloud governance policy and discussions
with our customers, the move to Office 365
and Azure was initiated in 2016
- When looking for a log analytics platform in
2018, Splunk Cloud was a logic choice
26/06/2020umlaut master 8
Shift-Left, improve IT operations by increased
Shift-Left in IT operations:
- Faster incident and service request resolution
- Cost reductions
- The better use of scarce technical knowhow and capabilities
- Delivering a better end-user/customer experience
- Enable L1 and L2 support to handle higher level topics
- Enable users to help themselves by introducing self-service capabilities
- Proactive problem management and automated resolution capabilities
umlaut master 926/06/2020
Where does Splunk come in?
• Give broader visibility on daily recurring topics, e.g. account related issues
• Break the silos; use a shared pool of data for all IT teams & departments
• Visualize and report on project or migration status
• Save time and effort by automating recurring reports
• Supporting Corona related activities by IT data
umlaut master 1026/06/2020
User based diagnostics – Drill down into events for
a single user
umlaut master 1226/06/2020
- Easy tool for helpdesk (L1) to detect account
- Reduced efforts for L2 and L3 to support
- Centralized view – no need to query multiple
- Allow proactive support for:
- Blocked accounts
- Expired passwords
umlaut master 1326/06/2020
VPN migration – how many users are left using the
26/06/2020umlaut master 15
Project & migration reporting – Microsoft Advisory
ADV190023Visualize systems with event code 2889
26/06/2020umlaut master 16
- Easy and near-real time reporting supporting
projects and migration activities
- Taking such repetitive tasks away from the
- Reports are interactive – the perfect base for
a drill-down or changing the point of view on
26/06/2020umlaut master 17
Corona related statistics – Office vs. home office
umlaut master 1826/06/2020
- IT data is used for management reports and
- The benefits of the Splunk platform are
visible – not just the costs…
26/06/2020umlaut master 19
What did we learn?
26/06/2020umlaut master 20
Splunk data analytics:
- Think in use cases – learn to interpret the
questions from your business
- The added value of Splunk comes from
visualizing data in such a way that it answers
- The above will require training as well as
analytical and visualisation skills. Get the
right people involved to get the best out of
Splunk Cloud platform:
- Splunk Cloud is not all cloud – you’ll
probably need to build an infrastructure for
providing logs and on-site search heads (e.g.
for sensitive data)
- Analyse the data sources you ingest. If the
data has no or low value, why forward it?
- As with other cloud services, there is a
shared responsibility in the platform
operation. Adapt your local processes to this.
umlaut master 22
This document and all information contained herein is the sole property of umlaut.
No intellectual property rights are granted by the delivery of this document or the disclosure of its
content. This document shall not be reproduced or disclosed to a third party without the express
written consent of umlaut. This document and its content shall not be used for any purpose other
than that for which it is supplied.