3. ● OpenAI is a research organization that focuses on
developing artiﬁcial intelligence (AI) technologies with the
goal of advancing the ﬁeld of AI and promoting its safe and
● The company was founded in 2015 by a group of
entrepreneurs and researchers, including Elon Musk and
Sam Altman, with the goal of promoting and advancing the
development of AI in a way that is safe and beneﬁcial to
4. ● GPT-3 (short for "Generative Pre-training
Transformer 3") is a language generation
model developed by OpenAI.
● It is trained on a massive amount of data and
is able to generate human-like text in a variety
of languages and styles.
5. ● It is a large, deep neural network that has been
trained on a massive amount of data in order to
generate human-like text.
● The model is called "generative" because it is able
to generate new text that is similar in style and
content to the training data, and "pre-training"
because it is typically trained on a large dataset ﬁrst
and then ﬁne-tuned on a smaller dataset for a
7. The encoder converts the input tokens into a numerical
representation, called an embedding, which captures the meaning
and context of the input. This embedding is then passed through a
series of transformer layers, which use self-attention mechanisms to
learn the relationships between the input tokens.
The decoder takes the output of the transformer layers and
generates the output text one token at a time, using the previously
generated tokens to predict the next token in the sequence. This
process is repeated until the desired length of output is reached.
8. ● One of the key features of GPT is its ability to
"understand" the context of the text it is
generating and use that context to generate more
coherent and realistic text.
● For example, if given a prompt about a speciﬁc
topic, GPT will be able to generate text that is
relevant to that topic and uses appropriate
language and style for the context.
9. ● Virtual assistant
● Customer service chatbots
● Language translation chatbots
● Education and training
● Content Generation
11. Twitter user Alex Cohen demonstrates a
ChatGPT instruction that can create a
weight loss plan with calorie goals,
meals, and grocery and exercise plans.
The AI system considers the user’s
height, weight, age, and gender.
● Ability to generate human-like text
● Real-time response
● Dependence on large amounts of data
● Limited ability to understand context
● Potential for bias
13. Fine-tuning of
Justify your effort to try to solve
Highlight the pain points of the current
solution or how customers deal with not
having a solution to the problem.
14. ● Use a smaller version of ChatGPT
● Use labeled or unlabeled data
● Experiment with diﬀerent
● Monitor performance