• To research the audience and create an audience profile, I have
created a survey which asks questions relating to my project.
• Here are the results.
• The hobbies of the audience mostly fit the
demographic of what a typical teenager would get up
• These hobbies are something a person would do
typically with a lot of free time, this also suggests the
audience is of a social grade which aren’t very busy;
most likely to be unemployed.
• Over 60% of the audience has not heard of
Northern Voices project.
• This shows the need for a informative piece to
spread awareness of the project and get into an
even wider audience.
• Overall, the opinions on documentaries from the
audience are positive.
• Main points to take away from this feedback is that
some documentaries can be boring and
uninteresting. I must aim to not bore the audience
with my documentary.
• The audience is very split on whether they want to
see a mockumentary. However, there is only a small
number of people who do NOT want to see a
• The majority said maybe, most likely due to their
opinion on what a mockumentary may contain.
• Every person in the audience that I have surveyed
has heard of BBC Three.
• This shows that BBC Three has an overwhelming
amount of teenagers and young adults in their
audience and that is the audience that I am going
to be targeting.
• It also shows that this audience are more likely to
watch the documentary if it is on BBC Three as it
is on a popular and trusted platform.