1. QUALITY MANAGEMENT IN
Dr. Suchitra Behera
Department of Education ( M.Ed.)
Kolhan University , Chaibasa
• Quality is an attribute
• Fitness for purpose(suitable)
• It has a pragmatic interpretation as the
non-inferiority or superiority of
• Quality is perpetual, conditional
• Subjective attribute may be understood
differently by different people
4. Quality planning(Q.P)-
• It is implemented a means of developing , the
systems and process needed to meet the
Quality Assurance (Q.A)
• It is implemented as a means of providing
enough confidence that is required to
achieve the goal for a system. This error
prevention is done through systematic
measurements , comparisons with standard
and monitoring of processes
5. Quality Control (Q.C)
• It is implemented as a mans of fulfilling quality
requirements reviewing all factors involved in
production. QC is focused on process output
Quality improvement (Q.I)
• QT is implemented as a means of providing
mechanism for evaluation and improvement of
process etc. in the light of their efficiency,
effectiveness and flexibility.
6. Teacher education program
To train the students for teaching in the schools-
Pre-service teacher education program
• Preprimary stage- i)DPSE(Diploma in pre-
• Primary stage- i)DEl.Ed ii) B.EL.Ed
• Secondary and higher secondary stage
i.)B.Ed ii.)B.P.Ed iii)B.A.-B.Ed iv)B.Sc.-B.Ed
v)B.Ed., M.Ed. 3 years(integrated)
7. Quality concerns to teacher education
• Material sources
Infrastructure such as building, equipment, library,
books, laboratory, playground etc.
• Human resource
Teachers, students, parents, administration,
Representatives of society.
• Financial Resource
Important factors to improve quality, depends on
socio-economic status, background of society.
All are called the input sources in quality
management to get the outcomes.
8. Process and product factors
• The outcomes are maximized among the trainees in
terms of development of necessary skills, values and
• Process is particular course of action indented to
achieve or desired.
• Instructional strategies, appraisal staff development
• Resource mobilization and financial management.
It is a management model with its emphasis on
leadership, strategy, teamwork, rigorous analysis and
self assessing with universal message
9. Suggestions for improvement
• Personality development program.
• Connecting with IQAC.
• Time to time accreditation.
• Develop, apply, measure and institutionalize standards for
teacher’s professional development.
• Create professional development opportunities that promote
teacher collaborations .
• Provide teacher with ongoing support.
• Invest in high quality teacher education (to appoint efficient
• Build instructional leadership at all levels of the educational
system(Role of director).
• Use information and communication technology to provide
access to content, professional development.
• Healthy competition, policy makers, implementation
effectiveness, moral values development.
• Quality is self motivated. If we are
motivated and determine then quality
can be managed in higher education .
• Bradley, leo. H(1993) Total Quality
management for Schools, Laneestar,
Pennsylvania: Technomic publishing Co,
• Classer, w.(1990)The Quality School
NewYork : Harper and Row.
• Premadrustvima (2007) UNESCO
WORLD REPORT, EDUCA, Zagreb