2. History of Cyber Crime.
Introduction of Cyber Crime.
Categories of Cyber Crime.
Types of Cyber Crime.
Benefits of Cyber Security.
Cyber Crime in India.
How to prevent Cyber Crime.
3. The First Cyber Crime Recorded in late 1820. yes, it’s a
shocking fact!!! Abacus, which is thought to be the
earliest form of a computer ,has been around since
3500 B.C. in India, Japan and China. Joseph-Marie
Jacquard , a textile manufacturer in France , produced
the loom. This device allowed the repetition of a series
of steps in the weaving of special fabrics. This resulted
in a fear amongst Jacquard’s employees that their
traditional employment and livelihood were being
threatened. They committed acts of sabotage to
discourage Jacquard from further use of the new
technology. This is the first recorded Cyber Crime!!
4. CYBER CRIME is also known as COMPUTER-
Cybercrimes can be defined as: “offences that are
committed against individuals or groups of individuals
with a criminal motive to intentionally harm the
reputation of the victim”.
Cybercrime may threaten a person or a nation’s
security and financial health.
Issues surroundings these types of crimes have become
high-Profile, Particularly those surroundings hacking,
copyright infringement and child grooming.
5. Cyber Crimes are broadly categorized into three categories,
namely crime against
1) INDIVIDUAL: This type of crime can be in the form of
Cyber Stalking, Distributing Pornography, Trafficking
2) PROPERTY: In this type of cyber crime, they can steel a
person’s bank details, misuse the credit card, or disrupt
the system of the organization.
3) GOVERNMENT: Although not as common as the other
two categories, crimes against a government are referred
to as cyber terrorism. In this category, criminals hack
government websites, military websites or circulate
7. Cyber Security is the protection of computer systems
from theft of or damage to their hardware, software or
electronic data , as well as from disruption or
misdirection of the service they provide. Cyber
Security is necessary since it helps in securing data
from threats such as data theft or misuse, also
safeguards your system from viruses
8. 1) Protects system against viruses, worms, spyware and
other unwanted programs .
2) Protection against data from theft.
3) Protects the computer from being hacked.
4) Minimized computer freezing and crashes.
5) Gives privacy to users.
6) Protecting company data and information.
9. Cyber Crime in India has been evolving rapidly. The
information technology act 2000 passed by the
parliament of India in may 2000, had aimed to curb
Cyber Crimes and to provide a legal framework for e-
commerce transactions . In 2001, India and united
states had set up an India-US Cyber Security forum as
part of a counter-terrorism dialogue. Cyber Crime
cases in India, registered under the IT act, increased at
a rate of 300%b between 2011 and 2014. in 2015, there
were 11,592 cases of Cyber Crime registered in India…..
10. Awareness is the first step in protecting yourself, your
family and your business.
Keep your operating system up to date with critical security
and updates and patches.
Don’t open e-mails or attachments from unknown sources.
Use hard to guess passwords.
Back-up your computer data on disks and CDs often.
Use antivirus software and firewalls-keep them up to date.
11. Technology is destructive only in the hands of people
who do not realize that are one and the same process
as the universe.
As internet continues to develop, the potential for
computer related crime will grow.
Future of crime control, may involve the control of
Cyber Crime greatly affects individuals, businesses and
national security due to the pervasiveness of the
Cyber Crime is a scary concept for many reasons. It can
do possible serious damage.
12. I WOULD LIKE TO MENTION SOME SOURCES
WHICH PROUD TO BE HELPFUL IN MAKING THIS
PRESENTATION ARE AS FOLLOW: